Louth Forum

Popular Posts from Chubby

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Boycott Leinster Championship 2020 - 4 Like(s)
What makes me laugh is within the hierarchy of the GAA, Dublin are treated as the 5th Province, There are 5 Provincial Coaching and Games managers employed by the GAA, 1 for Leinster, Munster, Ulster, Connaught and Dublin. People involved in the GAA are now educated in equality and fairness and see the huge imbalance that is Dublin GAA, every concession that each province get Dublin get and yes they have their house in order but when you think of the small number of co. teams they must look after compared to the provinces its a joke. They wont field a junior team,why not? They should be giving players from their inter and junior grades a chance of wearing the county jersey but they wont, just in case an overweight player might blight the chance for another corporate sponsor. All moves coldly calculated for elitism.

Chubby (National) - 02/07/2019 12:32:15

Leinster Football Championship - 2 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "I think that some of the best games of football over last couple of years has been in Leinster (obviously not involving Dublin) so looking forward to more of the same. Think it will be a Kildare v dubs, Meath be Westmeath semi finals, with both Dublin and Meath in the final."
Id say the majority of Meath folk look at his posts through their fingers with their hands over their face, he cant speak for Meath people surely.

Chubby (National) - 15/04/2019 14:38:04

National Coaching Conference 2020 - 1 Like(s)
The National Coaching Conference is on this weekend always a good place to pick up a few bits, but in general does anybody else feel there is a lack of coaching material and information out there for GAA in general out there?

Chubby (National) - 10/01/2020 13:28:41

Louth U 20S - 1 Like(s)

Replying To N08CUTN:  "There is no pathway, there is no resources , there is no fund raising , there is no system in place for manager selection, There is plenty of talent in the county, Minors this year were badly lead by manager who wasn't equipped with the skill set to manage at this level. U20 manager similar qualifications same result. There are reasons all our promising coaches are managing elsewhere personnel at co board level and money it is the ruination of our games."
You cant prepare a Co team in Louth which such lack of resources, I see our U20 Hurlers cant field against Meath tonight, another example of this administrations legacy.

Chubby (Louth) - 03/07/2019 15:56:50

Louth V Dublin - 1 Like(s)

Replying To OLLIE:  "It was simply men against boys yesterday as Louth suffered their heaviest ever Championship defeat yesterday. It was the first time since 2011 that Louth have conceded 5 goals in the Championship and its the first that the Dubs have scored 5 goals against the Wee County in a single match since 1931. Dublin's tally of 5-21 (36) points means that its the most that Louth have conceded in a Championship match. Here is a record of Louth's heaviest Championship defeats. 1). Dubs 5-21 (36) Louth 0-10 (10).............Portlaoise.......2019.....26 points defeat 2). Dubs 4-16 (28) Louth 0-04 (4)..............Navan..............1979....24 points defeat 3). Tipp 3-21 (30) Louth 0-07 (7)...............Semple.............2015....23 points defeat 4). Tyrone 2-21 (29) Louth 0-10 (10).........Omagh..........2014.....17 points defeat 5). Dubs 2-22 (28) Louth 0-12 (12)...........Croker..............2012.....16 points defeat 6). Kildare 4-15 (27) Louth 1-08 (11).........Navan.............1978......16 points defeat 7). Kildare 1-22 (25) Louth 1-07 (10)..........Croker...........2014.......15 points defeat 8). Kildare 5-08 (23) Louth1-05 (8).............Croker...........1926.......15 points defeat The alarming stat is that five of these hammerings have happened in this decade."
We didn't help ourselves the way we set up, hung the players out.

Chubby (Louth) - 26/05/2019 13:08:27

Meath V Donegal - 1 Like(s)
I don't know why anyone on here is surprised the ulster champions won Division Two.

Chubby (Meath) - 31/03/2019 15:08:40

2019 NFL Division 2 final - 1 Like(s)
People shouldn't be surprised the Ulster champions won Division Two.

Chubby (National) - 31/03/2019 15:11:00

Louth U20s - 1 Like(s)

Replying To Joey87:  "Jackson and Corcoran not being let play was disappointing and a bit of a joke to be honest. In regards preparation, I personally believe a manager and management team from outside the county should take over the minors/u20s, looking at the team today it's clear to see a lot of obvious clicks within the panel and some of the best players in the county not even on the panel, which you surely have to question."
The funny thing is the two lads would rather play with the 20s as it's their last year at this grade. The decision should have been made at the top not by the senior manager who has now proved he's only interested in himself and not the development of Louth football, but I don't blame him it's just another hangover from our previous administrations crazy appointments.

Chubby (Louth) - 09/02/2020 10:09:42

Dublin Vs Galway - 1 Like(s)
I think Galway will edge this, then it will get interesting.

Chubby (National) - 01/02/2019 09:34:17

Louth V Dublin - 1 Like(s)

Replying To SmallBoy:  "The players don't want it and would you blame them? A tiered championship will create more inequity within GAA and county boards will suffer financially because there will be less exposure and this will in turn lead to less revenue as people simply won't go to matches. I've spoken to several players within the panel and former panelists and to a man they say that they would prefer the chance of a crack at Meath, Dublin or Kildare in a Leinster semi-final/final (one can but dream) in Croke Park in front of a decent crown rather than playing a Leitrim, Longford, Waterford... or whatever other county you chose to include in front of one man and his dog in Drogheda, Carrick-On-Shannon, Longford or Dungarvan. Irrespective of what the GAA tell you they want, RTE, SKY or Virgin Media (if they returned to covering GAA) simply won't cover these games because they won't generate the viewing figures and this will hit their advertising revenues. This is the way the GAA have gone, the hierarchy ad nauseam reiterate the amateur status and how sacrosanct it is but at the end of the day their total focus is to generate as much revenue as possible. I suppose the question is how this is revenue distributed and how fairly so. The data is there to suggest Dublin have benefitted hugely with funding from GAA coffers, this leads to lots of questions and some journalists have been repeatedly questioning the merits of this. Whether other county boards are lagging behind in adminitritive skills or this is a Dublin bias is another issue. One tier or two tier it doesn't really matter unless we as a county try to improve our structures, read Caoimhinn Reilly in last week's Democrat for a more fundamental look as to why we are not doing well and how well we producing players at minor level. This will give you a good indicator of where we need to start. I believe everyone involved at county board level, the coaches in the develoment squads and everyone volunteering at every level within the county are doing their utmost to improve things, I have no doubt about that but maybe a change is needed and a new vision required to try and get our underage teams to a level where we are capable of competing with the best, this is where we need to start. I am told, and I think the proof is there with amalgamated teams in Dundalk, that at underage level that children in the town are turning to soccer in their droves due to the success being had up at Oriel. We are at a low ebb after Saturday, other teams will suffer the same fate as us against this Dublin team this year and in coming years, of this I have no doubt. We just need to try new things, The first thing I would suggest doing is starting development squads earlier than 14 I'd go from 10. People have said to me that is too young, well I'd compromise then and go 12, but get them in earlier and focus on skills, skills and more skills. Have these players competing against each other and developing them earlier than we are now."
You make some good points here but still ignoring the problems. Our minors where hammered by Wicklow, shouldn't happen, can accept a loss here not a hammering, our 20's are struggling to field and the best players not playing why? Underage fixture are a mess, teams from towns amalgamating at U16 level, six months fixture programme ? U12 teams obsessed with winning? No structured coaching pathway for clubs, no mentoring of development squad coaches. Development squads are now doing the work of the clubs which is not why they where set up, they where to add to the development of these players not be solely responsible for it. Oh the county will come out a pedal "massive numbers at cul camps" but they hide the facts from everyone, nobody wants to be involved or nobody wants to correct all this at high up level, clubs just accept it and plough on, Pete Mc Grath was horrified at the commitment of the senior players last year and mentioned several times that they don't train hard enough, that's was evident Saturday evening in terms of conditioning, and yes you wont compete with Dublin in many areas but there is no way we should be that far off in terms of fitness especially if they are training 4 times a week. When any organisation hits a low and we've been at a low a long time, you need to look at the top, but we don't have a top, we are propping up positions because nobody cares or wants to be involved.

Chubby (Louth) - 27/05/2019 10:22:50

Leinster Football Championship - 1 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "Jack got to say your prediction sounds very pessimistic, I believe Meath will reach Leinster final. But I'd put my house on Meath not getting beat by 16 points, actually I'd be very surprised if the loosing margin is double scores. That's not blind optimism (if I said Meath would win , that would be). That's stated in performances this year. Yes Dublin are at another level to us , but we a building a nice team. And do you honestly think our back six are that bad?? No. Yes we have problems at midfield. But I'm sorry while I agree with many of ur posts I find this disrespectful to the players, who have put in such a valiant and brilliant performances all year (yes blip v Offaly) . And I'll tell you one thing MEATH WILL MAKE SUPER 8s. Hon the royal"
Dublin will beat Meath or Laois by more than they beat Louth. Mark my words.

Chubby (National) - 28/05/2019 14:20:45