Wexford Forum

Minor Hurling Championships Wexford

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Totally forget about the Celtic challenge. It is a meaningless competition which serves only to make average players go around with inflated egos wearing 'county' gear to show off

890202 (Wexford) - Posts: 1232 - 27/07/2016 09:29:09    1890793

Link

Ungortunately thats the culture being built in wexford gaa. Medals for everyone!! Every division has a sheild and lads get medals for that, parents and mentors then try to say the won a county final! If you are not good enough to win so be it and work hard to improve is my attitude. A medal for being the best loser should never be handed out or made to be a big deal!!!

hurler101 (Wexford) - Posts: 467 - 27/07/2016 12:40:53    1890899

Link

Replying To wexico15:  "Taught our selection was strange on Sunday,conal flood was our 3rd best forward during the Leinster matches and when our best forward is missing he put to wing back,there was lads sitting near me from oilgate going mad reck was playing in the forwards,they were saying he never been a forward always a half back centre back or midfield,seen stuff on social media posing a few questions about team selection swell

The limerick management are entitled to set up there team in whatever way they see fit but i found the sight of a minor team playing a sweeper pretty depressing"
just take your beating

filenacleeragh (Cork) - Posts: 52 - 27/07/2016 12:55:26    1890913

Link

Replying To hurler101:  "Ungortunately thats the culture being built in wexford gaa. Medals for everyone!! Every division has a sheild and lads get medals for that, parents and mentors then try to say the won a county final! If you are not good enough to win so be it and work hard to improve is my attitude. A medal for being the best loser should never be handed out or made to be a big deal!!!"
henry shefflin couldn't make the kilkenny minor team.also that was a national competion,surely it is better to have more chaps hurling than to have them not doing so?
if we hadn't put teams in that competion there would have been war on here,damned if they do,damned if they don't!

perfect10 (Wexford) - Posts: 3929 - 27/07/2016 17:05:42    1891078

Link

Replying To perfect10:  "henry shefflin couldn't make the kilkenny minor team.also that was a national competion,surely it is better to have more chaps hurling than to have them not doing so?
if we hadn't put teams in that competion there would have been war on here,damned if they do,damned if they don't!"
I dont mean leave teams out. Definitely not, play every game you can is my attitude. But easy on blowing it up to be more than it is. We werent in the top devision of it with either team for a start, the pr crew in wex park often do this.

I know they have to promote gaa in the county as we are competing with many other sports but theres a fine line. I think we are guilty of over praising and over promoting minor enough achievements!

hurler101 (Wexford) - Posts: 467 - 27/07/2016 18:55:01    1891139

Link

I had posted a message not long after the limerick game but never came up... I must say I was extremely disappointed with the management team the way the team was changed around why in earth would you put conal flood wing back when he plays in the forwards in the games before that and for his club in which I heard he played well for his club recently, I've seen J firman play midfield and he's really talented his distribution of the ball into the forwards is top class but yet he was played in the forwards, Andy Walsh from the games I had seen him played in the half forward line didn't do to badly especially against Dublin in the first game yet he played midfield looked lost at times our free taking was horrendous an I know conor hearne takes frees with his club why wasn't he taken them on the day!!!! Also a particular player was playing terrible yet he was left on the pitch and others that weren't doing to bad were taken off,, with the experience of management on the side line this shouldn't have happened you could see in the first half the lad was struggling an with all the positional changes and other things in my opinion not good enough from the management team...

juan31 (Wexford) - Posts: 139 - 03/08/2016 11:38:40    1894597

Link