Sat 30th June Round 3
Sat/Sun 7/8th July Round 4

All-Ireland Series
July 14/15 Super 8 Round 1
July 21/22 Super 8 Round 2
August 4/5/6 Super 8 Round 3
August 11/12 All Ireland Semi
September 2 All Ireland Final

No intercounty fixtures in April apart from League Final, which only the top 2 will make, so I don't think we have to worry about that.

I've included all dates up to All-Ireland Final but I really don't see us being involved that far. There's a very realistic, I would say probable, chance of us making it to Ulster Final and going into Round 4 of qualifiers. That's a game every fortnight from May 13th to July 7/8th. If we were to win that and go into Super 8, we'd then have 3 more games in 4 weeks. It's hard to see Declan Bonner being happy with players playing in County games every 2 weeks and then going into tough Club games on the other weekends.

It's also hard to see them getting the first round of Championship fixtures played before Donegal start too, unless they play it on weekend of 28/29th April, just 2 weeks before Donegal play Cavan.

donegal_insider (Donegal) - Posts: 583 - 01/11/2017 16:03:02    2059563

Link

donegal_insider Great job laying out the fixtures like that. The calendar is just packed to capacity, especially if we go as far as the Ulster final. There is no way the county players will turn out for their clubs in between county championship games. If anything, the fixtures calendar appear to have got worse for the clubs.

The other observation is that you are playing championship games thick and fast, so you will need a really big panel. You couldn't be relying on the same 18/19 players every other week.

Green_Gold (Donegal) - Posts: 1734 - 01/11/2017 17:14:17    2059582

Link