National Forum

Tyrone for Sam 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Is it not true that Tyrone didn't let Donegal play the type of football that they're used to playing. Therefore Donegals plan went out the window. I think any team playing Tyrone on last Sunday would have got a dose of the same medicine as Donegal got.

border Gael (Monaghan) - Posts: 894 - 22/06/2017 13:26:56    2003523

Link

Monaghan will beat Tyrone.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20600 - 22/06/2017 13:51:29    2003544

Link

Monaghan won't beat Tyrone.

Donegalman (None) - Posts: 3830 - 22/06/2017 14:56:55    2003588

Link

Replying To Wally:  "Its a bit pathetic that you are searching through posts of mine from 2 years ago to try and prove a point.

Please also find the post where I have stated 'on the way home from games'?? I never once said this as I have not been at a Tyrone game in years.

I think calling me a bandwagon supporter doesn't really make much sense either. If I was a bandwagon supporter then I would be praising Mickey right now and flowing with hysteric praise like everyone else.

The truth is Tyrone have played boring/poor football more often than not over the past decade and this is due to the system set down by the manager. One game does not change that.

If we get to an All Ireland final playing attacking football and utilizing the skillful players that we have then you have my word that I will eat my hat.

But I guarantee that if Tyrone revert to type then you will refuse to accept that something is seriously wrong at the top, and you will still be backing our management team to stay in place indefinitely."
Wally. I have shown you up for been a hypocrite. my point is proved by the evidence provided. I think you are quite sad flip flopping from side to side when it suits you.
So you are an armchair supporter. Hope you don't mind if I take your opinion with a pinch of salt. Why are you on here complaining instead of going to a few games? It's not hard and it's good value.

I feel the Monaghan game is 50/50 and it won't surprise anyone if Monaghan won. It will be a physical war. So if Tyrone win 10-9 it will be a fantastic result. We can't score 1-21 every game. Tyrone certainly aren't the finished article, far from it but instead of sitting in your armchair hiding behind a keyboard why don't you go to a game and watch closely how games unfold. You might enjoy it.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 2088 - 22/06/2017 15:05:50    2003596

Link

I think we have a decent chance to be honest. Just because they turned over Donegal, it doesn't make them unbeatable.

We've a different game to focus on before we can think about Tyrone though.

patk (Monaghan) - Posts: 936 - 22/06/2017 15:14:05    2003598

Link

tyrone won't win the All Ireland but they will hammer monaghan out their own gate!

redhanddefender (Tyrone) - Posts: 913 - 22/06/2017 15:31:40    2003609

Link

Replying To A Another:  "Wally if you don't care enough about the team that you wouldn't drive an hour down the road to watch them then why spend so much time on here ranting and raving about how they do? Criticising men who give up huge portions of their life to ensure the county does as well as possible whilst sitting behind a tv screen and offering no support is very sad.

Some people are never happy. We had an amazing spell with Tyrone teams in the last decade in which Harte had a big part to play. It was always going to be tough to follow that up but we have remained very competitive with the current team and aren't that far away from making a big breakthrough. We are current ulster champions and have a great chance of doing back to back. As shown on Sunday if teams we play against want to play football we can do it as well and maybe better than anyone."
Deluded to say the least.

Again I repeat myself we have had one good performance against a poor Donegal side. I respect what Mickey done during the noughties but that was a long time ago.

This decade we have been nothing short of shambolic. We have had one Ulster title in 6 years and floating between division 1&2 while playing some of the most horrible football imaginable.

If the penny has finally dropped with him to start trusting the players and letting them play to their strengths then all the best but I wont hold my breath.

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 912 - 22/06/2017 15:35:30    2003611

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  "Wally. I have shown you up for been a hypocrite. my point is proved by the evidence provided. I think you are quite sad flip flopping from side to side when it suits you.
So you are an armchair supporter. Hope you don't mind if I take your opinion with a pinch of salt. Why are you on here complaining instead of going to a few games? It's not hard and it's good value.

I feel the Monaghan game is 50/50 and it won't surprise anyone if Monaghan won. It will be a physical war. So if Tyrone win 10-9 it will be a fantastic result. We can't score 1-21 every game. Tyrone certainly aren't the finished article, far from it but instead of sitting in your armchair hiding behind a keyboard why don't you go to a game and watch closely how games unfold. You might enjoy it."
Sure you go ahead and keep burying your head in the sand.

I would rather watch my club football (which is actually entertaining) than the muck that Tyrone have produced over the past decade.

Now if we have somehow miraculously decided to play some attractive type of football then I might change my tune and attend a few Tyrone games but I doubt that will happen on any sort of consistent basis until Mickey finally finally stands aside.

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 912 - 22/06/2017 15:39:06    2003614

Link

Replying To Wally:  "Sure you go ahead and keep burying your head in the sand.

I would rather watch my club football (which is actually entertaining) than the muck that Tyrone have produced over the past decade.

Now if we have somehow miraculously decided to play some attractive type of football then I might change my tune and attend a few Tyrone games but I doubt that will happen on any sort of consistent basis until Mickey finally finally stands aside."
what a true tyrone man! you might come watch if the football suits you're taste. What would you do if you were from the counties that were outside the top 5? Not support because the football doesn't meet your standards?

Do us a favour and sit at home and cry about mickey harte what ever he has done to you. Don't be wasting some real tyrone man or kids ticket by coming to the game.

redhanddefender (Tyrone) - Posts: 913 - 22/06/2017 16:41:02    2003645

Link

Now if we have somehow miraculously decided to play some attractive type of football then I might change my tune and attend a few Tyrone games but I doubt that will happen on any sort of consistent basis until Mickey finally finally stands aside."
1-43 in two games enough said and on mickey harte you go and achieve what he has come back then .

Dellboypolecat (Tyrone) - Posts: 15069 - 22/06/2017 16:48:57    2003646

Link

If Tyrone get to the All-Ireland final, Wally will be the first man there lol. There will always be supporters in every county who you cannot please, there were even people in Donegal who criticized JMcG despite everything he won.

Green_Gold (Donegal) - Posts: 1873 - 22/06/2017 16:55:36    2003648

Link

To be fair think youve made your point - better now to keep quiet as repeating yourself incessantly doesn't make you correct and other people wrong - I think the right answer is somewhere in between - I hope mickey allows his team to continue to play as they did against Donegal. To be fair he did in noughties with the great team he had then - think the new lads proved on Sunday they have the capability to do so also.

IrishGael3 (USA) - Posts: 1092 - 22/06/2017 16:58:21    2003651

Link

Replying To redhanddefender:  "what a true tyrone man! you might come watch if the football suits you're taste. What would you do if you were from the counties that were outside the top 5? Not support because the football doesn't meet your standards?

Do us a favour and sit at home and cry about mickey harte what ever he has done to you. Don't be wasting some real tyrone man or kids ticket by coming to the game."
Of course. I vote with my feet. It's not about winning or losing.

If we were playing in division 4 but were actually playing football then I would support my county.

This past 8 years could not be described as football to me.

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 912 - 22/06/2017 17:23:49    2003670

Link

Replying To Dellboypolecat:  "1-43 in two games enough said and on mickey harte you go and achieve what he has come back then ."
The Derry game was horrible to watch regardless of the score.

Like I said if they decide to play regularly like they did against Donegal then I will start attending games again.

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 912 - 22/06/2017 17:28:43    2003673

Link

Replying To Green_Gold:  "If Tyrone get to the All-Ireland final, Wally will be the first man there lol. There will always be supporters in every county who you cannot please, there were even people in Donegal who criticized JMcG despite everything he won."
No I won't

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 912 - 22/06/2017 17:29:11    2003674

Link

Replying To IrishGael3:  "To be fair think youve made your point - better now to keep quiet as repeating yourself incessantly doesn't make you correct and other people wrong - I think the right answer is somewhere in between - I hope mickey allows his team to continue to play as they did against Donegal. To be fair he did in noughties with the great team he had then - think the new lads proved on Sunday they have the capability to do so also."
Thanks for the advice but I think I will have another couple of bites.

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 912 - 22/06/2017 17:30:27    2003676

Link

Replying To Wally:  "Thanks for the advice but I think I will have another couple of bites."
Why were you supporting Tyrone on here saying they have scored plenty and weren't negitive 2 years ago??
Now you are saying you don't go to games because Tyrone play negatively. You do realise how stupid you sound. Did you support Tyrone in the early 90's when they were poor and couldn't win anything? What about 2002 when the mighty Sligo hammered Tyrone?
Definition of a keyboard warrior.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 2088 - 22/06/2017 20:10:11    2003725

Link

Replying To Wally:  "The Derry game was horrible to watch regardless of the score.

Like I said if they decide to play regularly like they did against Donegal then I will start attending games again."
Your not a true Tyrone geal and like I said go and do what Mickey did then come back

Dellboypolecat (Tyrone) - Posts: 15069 - 22/06/2017 20:18:23    2003726

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  "Why were you supporting Tyrone on here saying they have scored plenty and weren't negitive 2 years ago??
Now you are saying you don't go to games because Tyrone play negatively. You do realise how stupid you sound. Did you support Tyrone in the early 90's when they were poor and couldn't win anything? What about 2002 when the mighty Sligo hammered Tyrone?
Definition of a keyboard warrior."
Your some craic calling me a keyboard warrior. You have 3 times more post's than I have!

Kid I don't know why I said that a few years ago it's that long ago. Maybe I momentarily had a lapse if judgement.

Point is you will blindly follow the totalitarian dictatorship that is Mikey Harte regardless of how awful or counter productive our play is.

One game and you idiots are having convulsions.

Come back to me later in the year when you actually have something to praise the management about.

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 912 - 22/06/2017 21:39:36    2003763

Link

Can't see Tyrone winning the all Ireland this year. They would have to beat Dublin or Kerry or both and I can't see that happening. They don't have the forwards they had when they won the all Ireland's. Playing the defensive style they did in the 2000s was effective only because they had accurate forwards like Stephen o Neill and Mulligan who were very efficient taking their scores. You would need to be converting 90% of your scoring chances the way Tyrone play now.

HurlingSnob (Dublin) - Posts: 220 - 23/06/2017 02:46:45    2003826

Link