National Forum

Donegal V Dublin

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To DonegalAtlantic:  "We don't have a team of angels, nor choir boys, nor of any similar ilk. I'm merely referring to an example of not wanting players from our team, nor any team for that matter, having a very sensitive part of one's face interfered with. It's a serious offence in other sports and we were on the receiving end of it in the league and Kerry in the championship. Have a lovely day."
A serious offence... So is trying to break a players arm in a game
Never was I so happy to see a fellow player get a slap in the nose in retaliation.

Have a nice day indeed...!

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3723 - 26/02/2017 16:13:24    1961006

Link

Replying To Ulsterman:  "That was a CLEAR black card there. Dublin player dragging a Donegal player down deliberately and not given. This is what annoys fans, the rules not applying to Dublin."
Rules not applying to Dublin - give me a break... I suppose the free Donegal got to level the game in injury time was applying the rules was it... ????

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3723 - 26/02/2017 16:15:40    1961008

Link

Replying To eunans4ever:  "Nope nobody "biting" at all - makes a change"
At least there wasn't an attempt at an arm break also.

Good day all round so ...!

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3723 - 26/02/2017 16:16:49    1961009

Link

Replying To Donegalman:  "Murphy needs to play out the pitch he causes havoc when he runs at defenses. Under a high ball there will be 2 or 3 men around him and will get no joy from refs. Enjoyed the game. We could have won. So could they. Very proud of new lads, they really did well. Most annoyed at clueless DL supporters in stand, not many, but they know who they are, always on players backs when dispossessed. Tough conditions and a great Dublin team, you won't get much off them."
Fair enough result today.

Well played Donegal.

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3723 - 26/02/2017 16:18:04    1961013

Link

Not a bad game, I dont think Dublin would be too happy considering if it wasnt for a purple patch lasting 33 seconds they would be out of sight by the time the match finished. Very positive result for Donegal with some of the new players (Jason McGee in particular) having a great match which hopefully spur them on for next Saturdays trip to Breffni!

NaomhNaille (Donegal) - Posts: 124 - 26/02/2017 16:19:15    1961014

Link

Great result & performance fro Donegal on what was a difficult day for football.

One small note of disappointment was the way Dublin played with 14 men inside their own 45 when not in possession. You wouldn't catch Donegal or indeed any Ulster team engaging in such negativity.

Disgraceful carry on.

MuckrossHead (Donegal) - Posts: 5028 - 26/02/2017 16:20:28    1961019

Link

Haha nice one man, fair result, even thought we should have won :D

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 8584 - 26/02/2017 16:23:55    1961022

Link

Replying To MuckrossHead:  "Great result & performance fro Donegal on what was a difficult day for football.

One small note of disappointment was the way Dublin played with 14 men inside their own 45 when not in possession. You wouldn't catch Donegal or indeed any Ulster team engaging in such negativity.

Disgraceful carry on."
Hee Hee. ;o)

When in Rome and all that...!

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3723 - 26/02/2017 16:24:56    1961024

Link

Replying To jacktheDub:  "2 sloppy goals done us, Dublin way better in the first half. What is with Gallagher first 2 games plays open enough football then the sight of a Dublin Jersey and he reverts to type. Murphy very good for Donegal scully and Fenton very good for Dublin had a feeling rocks free that hit the post could cost us."
This is a young team with alot of new players in. I think they are learning as they are going on. The first day against Kerry there big Neil was missing and nerves were a factor. Kerry were killing Donegal going forward so they had to play with more abandon to simply keep up especially in the second half. Against Roscommon Donegal had plenty of players back but lacked intensity as a result of players just coming back and younger lads still finding their feet. Donegal do not really have a presence in full forward esp when Paddy McB was out so you had plenty of players back as a result.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2779 - 26/02/2017 16:28:29    1961027

Link

Replying To MuckrossHead:  "Great result & performance fro Donegal on what was a difficult day for football.

Disgraceful carry on."
I was thinking the exact same thing. You won't see the Dubs admit they are defensive as much as the next team. Same against Tyrone.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 2088 - 26/02/2017 16:30:23    1961029

Link

Great performance from our boys when up against it. Great goal by Scully too. Always a tough place to get a result for us. Onwards to the lads from the West!

Jackeen (Dublin) - Posts: 4097 - 26/02/2017 16:35:24    1961035

Link

Replying To Fionn:  "A serious offence... So is trying to break a players arm in a game
Never was I so happy to see a fellow player get a slap in the nose in retaliation.

Have a nice day indeed...!"
Is that so. You're now referring to the "make up" incident the Kerry media darlings threw out and which stuck without any proper analysis of the incident, nothing more than a one sided contentious clamour that he was trying to break, not in fact his arm as you incorrectly point out, but his hand. The eyes seemed to be in vogue with some of your angels in recent times.

DonegalAtlantic (Donegal) - Posts: 111 - 26/02/2017 16:35:33    1961036

Link

Replying To Fionn:  "A serious offence... So is trying to break a players arm in a game

Have a nice day indeed...!"
Wats your opinion on eye gouging??

eunans4ever (Donegal) - Posts: 1595 - 26/02/2017 16:36:03    1961037

Link

Replying To eunans4ever:  "Wats your opinion on eye gouging??"
If there is a bit of dirt in a fellow players eye, the gentlemanly thing to do is to help him get it out. I thought it was an act of decency to ones fellow footballer.
Helping a player out in his hour of need.
Such a nice thing to see in the game these days. ...

Anyway, back to today's game...!

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3723 - 26/02/2017 16:50:21    1961039

Link

Disgraceful carry on."
The booing of Murphy taking the last free was disgraceful - this kinda carry on is becoming too frequent - lowest of the low

eunans4ever (Donegal) - Posts: 1595 - 26/02/2017 16:51:03    1961041

Link

Replying To eunans4ever:  "Wats your opinion on eye gouging??"
that's how we say hello to one another in dublin

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13650 - 26/02/2017 16:54:06    1961043

Link

Replying To eunans4ever:  "The booing of Murphy taking the last free was disgraceful - this kinda carry on is becoming too frequent - lowest of the low"
I heard stevie wonder is Michael Murphys barber?

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13650 - 26/02/2017 16:54:57    1961044

Link

Replying To eunans4ever:  "The booing of Murphy taking the last free was disgraceful - this kinda carry on is becoming too frequent - lowest of the low"
Your persistent lad. Il give you that.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 2088 - 26/02/2017 16:57:22    1961047

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "I heard stevie wonder is Michael Murphys barber?"
Very droll wayno very droll.

I'll have you know that Murphy is something of a style icon in these part & his "Wild Mon of Borneo" hair do is keeping all the barbers going full tilt.

Coming to a nightclub near you soon!!

MuckrossHead (Donegal) - Posts: 5028 - 26/02/2017 17:16:41    1961061

Link

Very poor game of football today.
two woeful performances from each side.
referee had the two biggest moments in the game in awarding the first goal incorrectly when it was a clear square ball and then the free at the end was for what exactly? If anything the Donegal forward was the only player with hand on an opposition player.
in all honesty we should have been out of sight long before the goals.
the over doing of passing the ball instead of having a go at the posts is something that is becoming too obvious to opposition teams.
Poor team selection from Gavin today aswell it was a forward line lacking any firepower he selected.
Donegal were there typical selves dour boring and refusing to kick the ball in the first half yet they were rewarded for it like a mask murderer winning the euromillions by getting two freak goals.
felt the pitch was borderline unplayable aswell for the most part.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 26/02/2017 17:25:09    1961065

Link