National Forum

Tyrone for Sam 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

We are not here to take part we are here to take over . Tyrone for Sam 2017

Dellboypolecat (Tyrone) - Posts: 15069 - 21/06/2017 01:03:15    2002893

Link

just leave it there for now yes we had a great day on Sunday but we need to back it up in the Ulster final

redbomb (Tyrone) - Posts: 167 - 21/06/2017 08:19:34    2002914

Link

So far so good for Tyrone. Division One football secured and yes any year you can win an Ulster Championship should be celebrated in its own right before thinking of anything else.

Byanthon (Tyrone) - Posts: 1780 - 21/06/2017 13:33:43    2003048

Link

The expert fans from Tyrone who have been extremely critical about Harte are very quiet this week. They only appear after defeats for some reason.

A Another (None) - Posts: 192 - 21/06/2017 14:12:19    2003077

Link

Replying To A Another:  "The expert fans from Tyrone who have been extremely critical about Harte are very quiet this week. They only appear after defeats for some reason."
Brillant manager if only we had him.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 2392 - 21/06/2017 14:27:40    2003085

Link

Replying To A Another:  "The expert fans from Tyrone who have been extremely critical about Harte are very quiet this week. They only appear after defeats for some reason."
Well of course.

We are hardly going to call for his head after a display like that. I don't think Mickey can be given full credit for the display on Sunday though.

Everyone seems to think that Tyrone somehow changed their tactics completely, which they did not. Tyrone played the same system that they have been playing for years. The only difference was that the ball went over the bar.

I remember last year after we scored 5 goals past Cavan in the Ulster semi final and we were being talked up as All Ireland contenders.

The truth is that we wont know exactly were Tyrone are until it is put up to them by a top side. If they retreat into themselves like they did last year against Mayo then we are back to square one. If we push on and regularly commit to attack then who knows were we might get to.

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 912 - 21/06/2017 14:49:47    2003094

Link

Replying To Wally:  "Well of course.

We are hardly going to call for his head after a display like that. I don't think Mickey can be given full credit for the display on Sunday though.

Everyone seems to think that Tyrone somehow changed their tactics completely, which they did not. Tyrone played the same system that they have been playing for years. The only difference was that the ball went over the bar.

I remember last year after we scored 5 goals past Cavan in the Ulster semi final and we were being talked up as All Ireland contenders.

The truth is that we wont know exactly were Tyrone are until it is put up to them by a top side. If they retreat into themselves like they did last year against Mayo then we are back to square one. If we push on and regularly commit to attack then who knows were we might get to."
You contradicted yourself there. You said the tactics were the same as last year then later on say the problem against Mayo was that we didn't commit to the attack.

If the tactics are the same as last year and the only difference was the ball went over the bar can Harte be fully blamed for last years defeat? He can't put the ball over the bar.

Harte has prepared his sides excellently we just haven't been quite good enough to make the next step. We do now have a number of players improving and lots of players around the peak of their career. To me we have also changed tactics a bit with more focus on attacking teams kickouts and attacking at pace. Let's hope it continues.

A Another (None) - Posts: 192 - 21/06/2017 14:59:40    2003102

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "Brillant manager if only we had him."
Totally agree, if Tyrone supporters don't want MH then we would gladly take him lol.

Its always difficult to tell how things are going to pan out come the 3rd week in September. Remember last year Mayo looked all at sea early in the championship and came within a whisker of winning the All-Ireland. Tyrone were absolutely brilliant last weekend but it will be interesting to them against Monaghan (if they overcome Down). Would be nice to see one of the Ulster sides push on this year and make a serious challenge for the All-Ireland.

Green_Gold (Donegal) - Posts: 1873 - 21/06/2017 15:15:33    2003105

Link

Replying To A Another:  "You contradicted yourself there. You said the tactics were the same as last year then later on say the problem against Mayo was that we didn't commit to the attack.

If the tactics are the same as last year and the only difference was the ball went over the bar can Harte be fully blamed for last years defeat? He can't put the ball over the bar.

Harte has prepared his sides excellently we just haven't been quite good enough to make the next step. We do now have a number of players improving and lots of players around the peak of their career. To me we have also changed tactics a bit with more focus on attacking teams kickouts and attacking at pace. Let's hope it continues."
Trust me A Another. It will take this guy a century to realise that. Hyper critical of M Harte, he jumped on the bandwagon of criticising Micky. However he still goes to Tyrone games.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 2088 - 21/06/2017 17:49:38    2003181

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  "Trust me A Another. It will take this guy a century to realise that. Hyper critical of M Harte, he jumped on the bandwagon of criticising Micky. However he still goes to Tyrone games."
Do I know you??

How do you know I go to Tyrone games??

When did I jump on the criticising mickey bandwagon?? I think I have been very consistent in my criticism over the years.

One game won't change my opinions overnight.

But I guarantee that if we get beat playing the same fearfull negative football that has been our hallmark this decade you will still bury your head in sand and back mickey to stay in the job for another 10 years.

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 912 - 21/06/2017 19:31:17    2003221

Link

As a Dublin man I'm loving this thread! Keep her lit boys!

DUBJOHN (Dublin) - Posts: 932 - 21/06/2017 19:42:06    2003228

Link

That's the truth for sure.

seanie_boy (Tyrone) - Posts: 4235 - 21/06/2017 20:13:17    2003244

Link

Why are you loving it? Lol
Do you think random posts on a forum like this gives Jim Gavin and his squad an edge somehow?

seanie_boy (Tyrone) - Posts: 4235 - 21/06/2017 20:19:17    2003247

Link

Replying To Wally:  "Do I know you??

How do you know I go to Tyrone games??

When did I jump on the criticising mickey bandwagon?? I think I have been very consistent in my criticism over the years.

One game won't change my opinions overnight.

But I guarantee that if we get beat playing the same fearfull negative football that has been our hallmark this decade you will still bury your head in sand and back mickey to stay in the job for another 10 years."
Quote from you big lad "Tyrone have scored 4 Goals and 35 Points in their last 3 league games.

During this time they have received 6 yellow cards and no red cards.

Someone explain to me how they are still being described as a negative team???"

You said this 2 years ago. So no you haven't been consistent in your criticism over the last decade. You are another bandwagon supporter. There are also plenty of times you have stated "on the way home from the game" so you go to games unless you are a liar as well as a hypocrite?

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 2088 - 21/06/2017 21:36:01    2003273

Link

Replying To Donegalman:  "Hard to see it. They had a golden opportunity last year and they didn't take it. A lot will depend on the way they try to close out games."
I think thats the moment we find out if they are a proper team . They "bottled it" against mayo last year, game was there for them but the fear of losing stopped them pushing to score enough to win. Great performance V Donegal , clever around the centre field and great pace in attack but they also got it easy from donegal. The difference in physicality in the tackle and in breaking one on one tackles was so stark that ir was really surprising. Its down to who do you affirm that to . V good tyrone or Poor donegal. Monaghan played a bit more attcking in the league and then reverted to type in the summer . Will Mickey Harte revert to what he knows best when the pressure game comes (semi or final) or is it he finally has a squad of players to play this way ? Wont know but definitely contenders in the top 3/4 where games are won and lost mostly on the odd score

ctowers (Dublin) - Posts: 99 - 22/06/2017 08:24:25    2003357

Link

this thread - cracking me up, don't be counting your chickens before they've hatched! One good performance against a poor team doesn't win an all-ireland!

eirekeeper (Monaghan) - Posts: 113 - 22/06/2017 09:53:35    2003391

Link

Most Tyrone fans I know have been saying for years that this performance has been there - the players are very skilful with incredible fitness and physique. But Mickey for whatever reason didn't seem to trust them as the players were relatively young. I think the pressure he has been receiving from within the county has forced him to trust them more and they have returned that trust with a big performance. However one swallow doesn't make a summer and they need to continue this form for 4 more games to win the big prize - will mickey do that - not sure. But I think the many Tyrone fans who have been uligising about this group of young players have been more than vindicated. I for one would like to see the big 3 in Ulster to start challenging for the AI again along with Kerry and Mayo to challenge the Dubs and give us a fantastic quarter final phase of the AI.

IrishGael3 (USA) - Posts: 1092 - 22/06/2017 10:05:32    2003400

Link

Donegal didn't defend as they usually would. Holes everywhere. Tyrone played good positive football, but, unusually for a Donegal game, it wasn't a real test.

essmac (Tyrone) - Posts: 1141 - 22/06/2017 10:16:16    2003413

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  "Quote from you big lad "Tyrone have scored 4 Goals and 35 Points in their last 3 league games.

During this time they have received 6 yellow cards and no red cards.

Someone explain to me how they are still being described as a negative team???"

You said this 2 years ago. So no you haven't been consistent in your criticism over the last decade. You are another bandwagon supporter. There are also plenty of times you have stated "on the way home from the game" so you go to games unless you are a liar as well as a hypocrite?"
Its a bit pathetic that you are searching through posts of mine from 2 years ago to try and prove a point.

Please also find the post where I have stated 'on the way home from games'?? I never once said this as I have not been at a Tyrone game in years.

I think calling me a bandwagon supporter doesn't really make much sense either. If I was a bandwagon supporter then I would be praising Mickey right now and flowing with hysteric praise like everyone else.

The truth is Tyrone have played boring/poor football more often than not over the past decade and this is due to the system set down by the manager. One game does not change that.

If we get to an All Ireland final playing attacking football and utilizing the skillful players that we have then you have my word that I will eat my hat.

But I guarantee that if Tyrone revert to type then you will refuse to accept that something is seriously wrong at the top, and you will still be backing our management team to stay in place indefinitely.

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 912 - 22/06/2017 11:57:43    2003472

Link

Replying To Wally:  "Its a bit pathetic that you are searching through posts of mine from 2 years ago to try and prove a point.

Please also find the post where I have stated 'on the way home from games'?? I never once said this as I have not been at a Tyrone game in years.

I think calling me a bandwagon supporter doesn't really make much sense either. If I was a bandwagon supporter then I would be praising Mickey right now and flowing with hysteric praise like everyone else.

The truth is Tyrone have played boring/poor football more often than not over the past decade and this is due to the system set down by the manager. One game does not change that.

If we get to an All Ireland final playing attacking football and utilizing the skillful players that we have then you have my word that I will eat my hat.

But I guarantee that if Tyrone revert to type then you will refuse to accept that something is seriously wrong at the top, and you will still be backing our management team to stay in place indefinitely."
Wally if you don't care enough about the team that you wouldn't drive an hour down the road to watch them then why spend so much time on here ranting and raving about how they do? Criticising men who give up huge portions of their life to ensure the county does as well as possible whilst sitting behind a tv screen and offering no support is very sad.

Some people are never happy. We had an amazing spell with Tyrone teams in the last decade in which Harte had a big part to play. It was always going to be tough to follow that up but we have remained very competitive with the current team and aren't that far away from making a big breakthrough. We are current ulster champions and have a great chance of doing back to back. As shown on Sunday if teams we play against want to play football we can do it as well and maybe better than anyone.

A Another (None) - Posts: 192 - 22/06/2017 13:00:46    2003510

Link