National Forum

Dublin v Tyrone Semi-Final

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Tickets for Tyrone/Dublin game are available at extortionate prices through ticketmaster and their other company Seatwave.
How can this happen.? Why are these tickets NOT available to Genuine supporters at the proper face value price.
How can Ticketmaster say there are no longer tickets available and also sell them at double face value. ??

Redhandsam (Tyrone) - Posts: 93 - 09/08/2017 14:00:03    2031575

Link

Replying To Redhandsam:  "Tickets for Tyrone/Dublin game are available at extortionate prices through ticketmaster and their other company Seatwave.
How can this happen.? Why are these tickets NOT available to Genuine supporters at the proper face value price.
How can Ticketmaster say there are no longer tickets available and also sell them at double face value. ??"
What are ye on about? a minimal amount were on sale this morning for face value, they are more expensive for AI semi.

There won't be many on sale to public as County GAA members and county boards and players will need sorted first and that usually takes a few weeks.

Its obviously gonna be tough getting tickets they could probably sell 200,000 for this

redhanddefender (Tyrone) - Posts: 913 - 09/08/2017 14:08:03    2031584

Link

Replying To redhanddefender:  "What are ye on about? a minimal amount were on sale this morning for face value, they are more expensive for AI semi.

There won't be many on sale to public as County GAA members and county boards and players will need sorted first and that usually takes a few weeks.

Its obviously gonna be tough getting tickets they could probably sell 200,000 for this"
They're on about this link

10 mins after the tickets went on sale they were up on Seatwave (ticketmaster's "official ticketing partner") at increased prices. Those prices are per ticket. You can currently buy 3 Hill tickets for €227.97.

GaaGaa78 (UK) - Posts: 285 - 09/08/2017 14:24:56    2031594

Link

Replying To redhanddefender:  "What are ye on about? a minimal amount were on sale this morning for face value, they are more expensive for AI semi.

Its obviously gonna be tough getting tickets they could probably sell 200,000 for this"
go to ticketmaster and try to buy tickets. It will redirect you to their seatwave site with overpriced tickets.
I'll get mine through the club but why are ticketmaster selling overpriced tickets already through seatwave...

Redhandsam (Tyrone) - Posts: 93 - 09/08/2017 14:26:40    2031597

Link

Its a resale website? It happens with every sporting event now, if you get them through your club then why are you fuming!

Its not right but what do you expect

redhanddefender (Tyrone) - Posts: 913 - 09/08/2017 14:58:51    2031618

Link

Ye are better off going to see a competitive game in Kerry and Mayo rather than seeing the Dubs out the gap by half time :)

surfdude62 (Kerry) - Posts: 46 - 09/08/2017 15:16:10    2031625

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Football needs a Dublin win Tyrone are worse than Donegal in their prime ffs. If Tyrone win football will be worse than ever with everyone copying Tyrone."
Seriously Clondakin ? What a bitter post. I'll not start on about your funding and yuz being practically a professional side etc etc.
If we win it will because we earned it. Same as if yuz win. Stop repeating this oul anti Ulster football tripe. We rack up big scores and defend with tactics and ferocity. We counter attack at pace truth is you're just worried that we might just pip yuz here. I could negatively describe your team as a bunch of seriously well conditioned athletes with limited footballing skills bar a few players but that would be a harsh description of a fine TEAM.

seanie_boy (Tyrone) - Posts: 4235 - 09/08/2017 15:16:29    2031626

Link

Replying To redhanddefender:  "Its a resale website? It happens with every sporting event now, if you get them through your club then why are you fuming!

Its not right but what do you expect"
At €75 a Hill ticket (€45 above retail) it's more a touting site than a resale site.

GaaGaa78 (UK) - Posts: 285 - 09/08/2017 15:22:28    2031630

Link

Replying To GaaGaa78:  "At €75 a Hill ticket (€45 above retail) it's more a touting site than a resale site."
Whatever you want to call it it is what it is! Tough luck, where were all these dubs throughout the year!

redhanddefender (Tyrone) - Posts: 913 - 09/08/2017 15:53:27    2031650

Link

Tyrone need to score a couple of goals to stand a chance,

Vishred (Mayo) - Posts: 303 - 09/08/2017 16:01:58    2031658

Link

Replying To redhanddefender:  "Whatever you want to call it it is what it is! Tough luck, where were all these dubs throughout the year!"
Where were they? Supporting their team as they always do.

I'm sure there's plenty of Tyrone fans that didn't get tickets also but sure it's ok to charge people 3 times the price in your eyes so you've no issue with that I suppose.

GaaGaa78 (UK) - Posts: 285 - 09/08/2017 16:07:25    2031661

Link

Replying To uibhfhaili1986:  "The teams they have played have not been great, they've yet to prove themselves against top level oppostion."
And Dublin have played who?????? Both Tyrone and Dubs have played 1 Div 1 team and that's it.

IrishGael3 (USA) - Posts: 1092 - 09/08/2017 16:08:52    2031662

Link

Replying To redhanddefender:  "Whatever you want to call it it is what it is! Tough luck, where were all these dubs throughout the year!"
In fairness the Dubs have been out in force most of the year. I would ask the question of Tyrone fans though. Where have they been all year, not all all the matches in any great numbers that's for sure?

We are becoming the biggest bandwagon fan base in the GAA. Its such a shame the GAA cannot orgainse some sort of sale for the next match at the end of the current game. For example all Dubs and Tyrone fans who attended QF get first refusal on SF. Same for SF to Final etc. This rubbish that the clubs must get all the tickets for these games are a joke, where have they been all year? Club allocations do then not necessarily be filtered to the fans as required, especially families looking numerous tickets together.

Sideline_View (Tyrone) - Posts: 62 - 09/08/2017 16:09:40    2031663

Link

Replying To IrishGael3:  "And Dublin have played who?????? Both Tyrone and Dubs have played 1 Div 1 team and that's it."
Dublin have won 4 all ireland in the last 6 years.They've beaten everyone in recent years.

uibhfhaili1986 (Offaly) - Posts: 1296 - 09/08/2017 16:24:50    2031669

Link

Replying To Sideline_View:  "In fairness the Dubs have been out in force most of the year. I would ask the question of Tyrone fans though. Where have they been all year, not all all the matches in any great numbers that's for sure?

We are becoming the biggest bandwagon fan base in the GAA. Its such a shame the GAA cannot orgainse some sort of sale for the next match at the end of the current game. For example all Dubs and Tyrone fans who attended QF get first refusal on SF. Same for SF to Final etc. This rubbish that the clubs must get all the tickets for these games are a joke, where have they been all year? Club allocations do then not necessarily be filtered to the fans as required, especially families looking numerous tickets together."
Lots of the people in clubs can't go to matches all year as they're mentoring teams/umpiring/filling out forms/ferrying kids to matches at the same time. There's also the option of season tickets for people who aren't members of clubs. As far as I know, only the Mayo and Dublin season tickets are oversubscribed.

As for my view on this game - too close to call. Neither side has been tested yet, neither will be short of hunger and both have some legends in theirs sides and on their sidelines. Could be a game for the ages. Can't wait

Mickmick (Dublin) - Posts: 104 - 09/08/2017 16:26:09    2031670

Link

Replying To uibhfhaili1986:  "Dublin have won 4 all ireland in the last 6 years.They've beaten everyone in recent years."
We are talking about this championship and the last time these teams met they drew in Croker!!!

IrishGael3 (USA) - Posts: 1092 - 09/08/2017 16:39:20    2031680

Link

There seems to be quite a few Dublin players getting long in the tooth, alot of the main players are 30 yrs of age apart from a few such as kilkenny, small, fenton. But most of the main men are getting on a bit. Tyrone are younger apart from Cavanagh who is a complete passenger this season. Looks like he just there for the free kicks to be honest. But all in all Tyrone are the fresher side it must be said. This might play a part in the outcome of the game if both teams are evenly matched in other departments.

cacsmckilly (Tyrone) - Posts: 1294 - 09/08/2017 16:53:08    2031693

Link

Replying To cacsmckilly:  "There seems to be quite a few Dublin players getting long in the tooth, alot of the main players are 30 yrs of age apart from a few such as kilkenny, small, fenton. But most of the main men are getting on a bit. Tyrone are younger apart from Cavanagh who is a complete passenger this season. Looks like he just there for the free kicks to be honest. But all in all Tyrone are the fresher side it must be said. This might play a part in the outcome of the game if both teams are evenly matched in other departments."
There seems to be quite a few Dublin players getting long in the tooth, alot of the main players are 30 yrs of age apart from a few such as kilkenny, small, fenton. But most of the main men are getting on a bit. Tyrone are younger apart from Cavanagh who is a complete passenger this season. Looks like he just there for the free kicks to be honest. But all in all Tyrone are the fresher side it must be said. This might play a part in the outcome of the game if both teams are evenly matched in other departments.

Most of the men are getting on a bit? 'Most' of the men are 27 and younger. We're bloody ancient!

Fitzimons - 27
Byrne - 23
Lowndes - 23
McCarthy - 27
Small - 24
Cooper - 27
Fenton - 24
Costello - 23
Rock - 27
O'Callaghan - 21
Mannion - 24
Kilkenny - 24

GaaGaa78 (UK) - Posts: 285 - 09/08/2017 17:05:10    2031703

Link

Replying To cacsmckilly:  "There seems to be quite a few Dublin players getting long in the tooth, alot of the main players are 30 yrs of age apart from a few such as kilkenny, small, fenton. But most of the main men are getting on a bit. Tyrone are younger apart from Cavanagh who is a complete passenger this season. Looks like he just there for the free kicks to be honest. But all in all Tyrone are the fresher side it must be said. This might play a part in the outcome of the game if both teams are evenly matched in other departments."
Most of the men are getting on a bit? 'Most' of the men are 27 and younger. We're bloody ancient!

Fitzimons - 27
Byrne - 23
Lowndes - 23
McCarthy - 27
Small - 24
Cooper - 27
Fenton - 24
Costello - 23
Rock - 27
O'Callaghan - 21
Mannion - 24
Kilkenny - 24

GaaGaa78 (UK) - Posts: 285 - 09/08/2017 17:06:45    2031705

Link

Replying To surfdude62:  "I think Dublin to win this one with about 5/6 points to spare..Tyrone overrated in my opinion!!"
Probably shouldn't agree but I kind of do.

We haven't bet anyone of the top teams in the championship in a long time. Donegal were gased this year. Not the team they were at all so I can't count them as beating someone a 6/10 Galway team gave them a hammering too. So who have we really bet? All of Ulster basically, that is it.

The Dublin game will tell us if we really have got any better since last year. If we beat Dublin then I'm all for the hype after it but until then we don't know exactly how we stand. Although I'm hoping at best for a nice one/two point win

GameOfTyrones (Tyrone) - Posts: 469 - 09/08/2017 17:08:46    2031706

Link