National Forum

Galway v Tipperary

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To SaffronDon:  "so you want one of those one way traffic games that's over at half time as long as Galway win bricktop? Im going to the game as a neutral and would like to see a close contest. That's all that was meant by that. Good luck to both!"
I don't think any game featuring the current AI champions will be over at half time although I think Galway will eventually win by the odd point in 6 by the end.

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2503 - 01/08/2017 13:20:05    2027337

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "I don't think any game featuring the current AI champions will be over at half time although I think Galway will eventually win by the odd point in 6 by the end."
given the fullback problems Tipp have, Galway having a serious forward line and the fact that they always seem to up their game against Tipp I think its a possibility. Hopefully I'm wrong, ypu cant beat a tight contest between two top teams at Croker

SaffronDon (Antrim) - Posts: 2385 - 01/08/2017 13:36:59    2027353

Link

Replying To SaffronDon:  "given the fullback problems Tipp have, Galway having a serious forward line and the fact that they always seem to up their game against Tipp I think its a possibility. Hopefully I'm wrong, ypu cant beat a tight contest between two top teams at Croker"
given the fullback problems Tipp have, Galway having a serious forward line and the fact that they always seem to up their game against Tipp I think its a possibility. Hopefully I'm wrong, ypu cant beat a tight contest between two top teams at Croker

SaffronDon (Antrim) - Posts:1450 - 01/08/2017 13:36:59

The problem is Saffron Don
the Galway fullback line is no better than Tipps
and Tipp have a lethal full forward line probably better than Galways

tiobraidArann (Tipperary) - Posts: 362 - 03/08/2017 20:30:49    2028597

Link

28?

tiobraidArann (Tipperary) - Posts: 362 - 03/08/2017 20:39:07    2028605

Link

im heading up to this one - really looking forward to it -think it will be very close akin to last two years ,
id be happy if galway won all ireland to give joe canning the medal he deserves

if it goes replay will it be corke park or gaelic grounds
id say probably croke park on basis it would probably get well over 50k

janesboro (Limerick) - Posts: 1502 - 04/08/2017 10:12:28    2028780

Link

Dublin v Cork the inaugural Under 17s final gets the day under way , a statement made after the Cork win over Galway in the semi final by Cork coach in Galway dressing room ,which I wont repeat here for fear of betraying a confidence . What I will say is I hope our young guys make him eat his words .Up the Dubs

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 04/08/2017 11:11:55    2028809

Link

a top fixture in the world of sport, Galway/Tipp, the goose bumps are multiplying every second. Forget the Spring, this is a 50/50 battle that will go down to how many seconds are added on. Last years 2 minutes of extra time was a disgrace, not fair. All other games in both codes got 5+. Hope Galway can make amends. Gaillimh Abu

suckvalleypaddy (Galway) - Posts: 1667 - 04/08/2017 13:07:22    2028889

Link

Replying To suckvalleypaddy:  "a top fixture in the world of sport, Galway/Tipp, the goose bumps are multiplying every second. Forget the Spring, this is a 50/50 battle that will go down to how many seconds are added on. Last years 2 minutes of extra time was a disgrace, not fair. All other games in both codes got 5+. Hope Galway can make amends. Gaillimh Abu"
This looks like a 50-50 game. Tipp are the current All Ireland champions and they are bound to be smarting after being hammered by Galway in the League final, so will be hugely determned to balance the books, so Galway better be ready and up for it. I believe if Galway win this match they will win the All Ireland.

clonjon (Dublin) - Posts: 665 - 04/08/2017 13:52:23    2028917

Link

Replying To tiobraidArann:  "given the fullback problems Tipp have, Galway having a serious forward line and the fact that they always seem to up their game against Tipp I think its a possibility. Hopefully I'm wrong, ypu cant beat a tight contest between two top teams at Croker

SaffronDon (Antrim) - Posts:1450 - 01/08/2017 13:36:59

The problem is Saffron Don
the Galway fullback line is no better than Tipps
and Tipp have a lethal full forward line probably better than Galways"
This time last year I said Tipp's full forward line would be enough to beat Galway, it was, just about anyway. That was with a far more assured full back line though. Also Seamie Callanan is carrying an injury from the previous game which is hard to know what effect thst might have. I hope it is as close as the previous two years has been but I just have a gut feeling Galway might come out all gund blazing in this one

SaffronDon (Antrim) - Posts: 2385 - 04/08/2017 15:45:39    2028984

Link

Seamie is not carrying an injury,he's 100 percent,now I wish I could say the same for paudie and Dan,still we will turn up,huge task against a mighty galway team,who arebig favourites with all the experts,maybe a bit of the Sean hogan,Dan Bren spirit will be needed,premier
abu

Tipptipp (Tipperary) - Posts: 62 - 04/08/2017 16:21:51    2028998

Link

Replying To suckvalleypaddy:  "a top fixture in the world of sport, Galway/Tipp, the goose bumps are multiplying every second. Forget the Spring, this is a 50/50 battle that will go down to how many seconds are added on. Last years 2 minutes of extra time was a disgrace, not fair. All other games in both codes got 5+. Hope Galway can make amends. Gaillimh Abu"
You were happy with the added time in 2015 when Maloney knocked over the winner. Why can't Galway posters on this forum take their beating? As disappointing and gut wrenching that defeat was any Tipp supporters I spoke with after the game was quick to say we didn't deserve a draw that day.

Killarney.87 (Tipperary) - Posts: 2513 - 04/08/2017 16:52:12    2029016

Link

Replying To Tipptipp:  "Seamie is not carrying an injury,he's 100 percent,now I wish I could say the same for paudie and Dan,still we will turn up,huge task against a mighty galway team,who arebig favourites with all the experts,maybe a bit of the Sean hogan,Dan Bren spirit will be needed,premier
abu"
Have paudie Maher and Dan McCormack got injuries.

bud14 (Galway) - Posts: 296 - 04/08/2017 16:53:02    2029017

Link

Replying To Tipptipp:  "Seamie is not carrying an injury,he's 100 percent,now I wish I could say the same for paudie and Dan,still we will turn up,huge task against a mighty galway team,who arebig favourites with all the experts,maybe a bit of the Sean hogan,Dan Bren spirit will be needed,premier
abu"
Damn it, we need McCormack to win the dirty ball with Bonnar. Harte and co. devoured Forde and Bill in 2015.

Killarney.87 (Tipperary) - Posts: 2513 - 04/08/2017 16:53:35    2029018

Link

Both are rated doubtful,fancy Stephen o Brien taking dans place,,Brendan will fill in for paudie,

Tipptipp (Tipperary) - Posts: 62 - 04/08/2017 17:18:32    2029027

Link

Replying To Tipptipp:  "Both are rated doubtful,fancy Stephen o Brien taking dans place,,Brendan will fill in for paudie,"
What kind of injuries have paudie and Dan.

bud14 (Galway) - Posts: 296 - 04/08/2017 18:29:41    2029053

Link

could ye please stop the rumours all the tipp players are 100% fit we have enough distractions already without this sort of nonsense

tiobraidArann (Tipperary) - Posts: 362 - 04/08/2017 18:40:41    2029060

Link

Replying To tiobraidArann:  "could ye please stop the rumours all the tipp players are 100% fit we have enough distractions already without this sort of nonsense"
Haha, good post. We wouldn't be Tipp without a wad of rumours at any given moment in time.

Killarney.87 (Tipperary) - Posts: 2513 - 04/08/2017 19:07:13    2029073

Link

I hear hanbury is out for Galway. Or very doubtful. Big and under rated loss if it's the case. Callinan caused daithi Burke huge problems last year despite what people think. He wasn't as influential as normal but Burke had zero influence on the game which hurt galway
The expectation in Galway has reached levels not seen in nearly 30 years. Do people think this team is under or overachieving? Man ion at wing back, mcinenerney at 6, Harte at 7, coen midfield.. are they all Ireland contenders. It'll be an interesting season yet.
All Ireland surely going lee side.

tiobraid (Tipperary) - Posts: 4119 - 05/08/2017 03:34:14    2029163

Link

Replying To tiobraidArann:  "could ye please stop the rumours all the tipp players are 100% fit we have enough distractions already without this sort of nonsense"
Sure the women love an aul gossip.
Have to be saying something or have some bit of news whether it's true or not.
Won't matter a sh*te if they're good enough.

catch22 (USA) - Posts: 2148 - 05/08/2017 09:04:00    2029185

Link

Replying To tiobraid:  "I hear hanbury is out for Galway. Or very doubtful. Big and under rated loss if it's the case. Callinan caused daithi Burke huge problems last year despite what people think. He wasn't as influential as normal but Burke had zero influence on the game which hurt galway
The expectation in Galway has reached levels not seen in nearly 30 years. Do people think this team is under or overachieving? Man ion at wing back, mcinenerney at 6, Harte at 7, coen midfield.. are they all Ireland contenders. It'll be an interesting season yet.
All Ireland surely going lee side."
Expectations in Galway getting out of hand? Not at all. We know it's a 50:50 game tomorrow. If we get past ye we might begin to dream a bit more alright. What we have is confidence in our team, a belief that they will show up and perform to their best ability. Whether that will be good enough we'll have to wait and see. It is a fairly unusual thing for us to have confidence in our team, and it is a good thing that we have it. There is a big difference between confidence and expectation and because we are not used to having confidence in our team it can be misinterpreted by outsiders as expectation.

Disagree with you on Cork. Of the four teams left I think they are the least likely to win the All Ireland.

PoolSturgeon (Galway) - Posts: 1902 - 05/08/2017 10:50:06    2029213

Link