National Forum

Monaghan vs Fermanagh

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Ned_Stormcrow:  "If Monaghan win ulster it will be a damning reflection of where the province is at. They are bog standard, average gym junkies with 1 quality player (McCarron showed today he is not to be relied on under pressure).

Tyrone and Donegal are a level above the rest of ulster. If they fail to show that over the next 8 weeks, they only have themselves to blame

cavanman47 (Cavan) - Posts:2507 - 21/05/2017 03:49:02 1988692

Well that's just nonsense. Gym junkies? They've held their own in division 1 for a few years now, collecting 2 provincial titles in recent years. As a county they are maximising the use of their available resources and getting the optimum return.

In contrast, Cavan haven't done anything since the 1960's (beyond a fluke in 97 when Derry were cheated out of a title). That's the simple reality of the situation, whether we as Cavan fans like it or not, Monaghan are getting something right that we simply can't."
Thanks for making this post, I was about to ask what's wrong with Cavan supporters begrudging the success of their neighbors so much and acting like they are AI contenders themselves? Glad to see its just a couple of lads acting the maggot(or very drunk/jealous)

Iamlegion666 (Monaghan) - Posts: 285 - 21/05/2017 22:56:25    1989066

Link

Replying To Iamlegion666:  "
Replying To Ned_Stormcrow:  "If Monaghan win ulster it will be a damning reflection of where the province is at. They are bog standard, average gym junkies with 1 quality player (McCarron showed today he is not to be relied on under pressure).

Tyrone and Donegal are a level above the rest of ulster. If they fail to show that over the next 8 weeks, they only have themselves to blame

Well that's just nonsense. Gym junkies? They've held their own in division 1 for a few years now, collecting 2 provincial titles in recent years. As a county they are maximising the use of their available resources and getting the optimum return.

In contrast, Cavan haven't done anything since the 1960's (beyond a fluke in 97 when Derry were cheated out of a title). That's the simple reality of the situation, whether we as Cavan fans like it or not, Monaghan are getting something right that we simply can't."
Thanks for making this post, I was about to ask what's wrong with Cavan supporters begrudging the success of their neighbors so much and acting like they are AI contenders themselves? Glad to see its just a couple of lads acting the maggot(or very drunk/jealous)"
What a joke of a black card given to Kieran Hughes on Saturday! Just like the one against his brother in the last league match. It was a nothing tangle between 2 players well away from the play. Championship football is tough and physical and there's going to be lots of harmless jostling. Unless refs are going to be called in and told to use common sense and discretion, the black card is going to spoil games for the rest of the summer. Everyone wants to see the best players on the pitch performing, not sitting on the bench for 60 minutes because of schoolteacher-like referees or linesmen trying to make a name for themselves.

RightFull (Monaghan) - Posts: 74 - 22/05/2017 07:27:52    1989114

Link

Appreciate your clarity on ourselves Ned, and I'm not usually one to talk up Cavan ahead of an O'Classico, but Derry cheated in 97 ?

I dare say you were there that day as well. To call it home game for Cavan doesn't get near it. Near known a scramble for tickets like it.
I recall a dubious Cavan point called over the bar by the umpires, but that's about it. We've had a narrow win in an Ulster not too long ago with calls for Hawkeye.

Onwards to Breffni.

Knoxboya (Monaghan) - Posts: 357 - 22/05/2017 08:13:08    1989118

Link

looking forward to monaghan and cavan. this will be an interesting one.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 22/05/2017 08:38:10    1989126

Link

Replying To cavanman47:  "16 years. But as with all things cluxton, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

If Monaghan win ulster it will be a damning reflection of where the province is at. They are bog standard, average gym junkies with 1 quality player (McCarron showed today he is not to be relied on under pressure).

Tyrone and Donegal are a level above the rest of ulster. If they fail to show that over the next 8 weeks, they only have themselves to blame"
Cavanman47 and FoxesDenn are in minority for Cavan fans. Cavan would love to beat us and us them. In fairness, I am worried enough about it as I think Cavan are too frequently left out by pundits in their estimations for who will win the Anglo-Celt....past 5 seasons show a period of Donegal, Monaghan and recently Tyrone success however its the past. Cavan looked good during parts of the league and they pose a mucher tougher test than Fermanagh did. The winner of Monaghan V Cavan is odds on for a final place. Unfortunately Armagh and Down are not having a great time but I would love to be shocked.

seanfinn (Monaghan) - Posts: 360 - 22/05/2017 13:18:15    1989327

Link

I think the Monaghan /Cavan match in Breffni park could be very interesting with little given by either side- close call

browncows (Meath) - Posts: 2342 - 22/05/2017 13:35:51    1989347

Link