National Forum

Monaghan vs Fermanagh

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

In just over an hour i'll be supping my first pre game pint. It's hard to beat the atmosphere and craic that comes with championship football. Even though I don't give us much hope it's hard to beat a day like today. Fermanagh by 2!!!

gotmilk (Fermanagh) - Posts: 4971 - 20/05/2017 14:09:50    1988540

Link

Replying To foxes_denn:  "Hardcore, You having be rabbiting on about Monaghan this 10 years and you will always live in the Shadow of the Cavan man. MOnaghan are typical TG4 footballers. Play well in the league but useless in the Championship. And if you get over Fermanagh this weekend you will be in for a pasting in Breffni when you enter the Foxes Denn!"
Monaghan will beat Cavan by nearly as much as they will beat Fermanagh today. I'm sorry but it's true. I I'd have my money on them for Ulster never mind beating the Fermanagh/Cavan.

GameOfTyrones (Tyrone) - Posts: 469 - 20/05/2017 14:13:36    1988543

Link

Black card again being a pain in the ass.

galwayfan (None) - Posts: 764 - 20/05/2017 19:11:56    1988612

Link

Replying To galwayfan:  "Black card again being a pain in the ass."
I hate it , Hughes night is over cause of that, come on this rule is wrong.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 20/05/2017 19:14:52    1988613

Link

Goalkeepers there's only 1 Stephen Cluxton give over trying to copy him cause week after week they all mess up.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 20/05/2017 19:16:36    1988614

Link

Adams nearly kills your man not even a card yet Hughes is sitting on the bench for nothing. Great rules we have.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 20/05/2017 19:29:02    1988616

Link

Accidental Clash of heads Monaghan on the attack the ref stops the game wtf? Signal for the Fermanagh medical team to come in but don't stop the game man.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 20/05/2017 20:29:27    1988637

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Goalkeepers there's only 1 Stephen Cluxton give over trying to copy him cause week after week they all mess up."
At half-time Beggans kickouts stats were; Found his man from 8 out of 8.

Cluxtons rate (when the opposition doesn't leave a corner back free) is around 50%.

Don't let the media spin fool you. Make up your own mind!

cavanman47 (Cavan) - Posts: 5012 - 20/05/2017 20:29:39    1988638

Link

Replying To cavanman47:  "At half-time Beggans kickouts stats were; Found his man from 8 out of 8.

Cluxtons rate (when the opposition doesn't leave a corner back free) is around 50%.

Don't let the media spin fool you. Make up your own mind!"
He's doing it near on 20 years, the man has been on another level to every other keeper that's ever played.

Well done Monaghan typical Nordy game Monaghan have a really good side I fancy them to win Ulster.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 20/05/2017 20:38:04    1988640

Link

Be happy enough with that, very good team performance, Strong squad, Onwards and upwards

mhunicean_abu (Monaghan) - Posts: 1044 - 20/05/2017 21:40:55    1988662

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "He's doing it near on 20 years, the man has been on another level to every other keeper that's ever played.

Well done Monaghan typical Nordy game Monaghan have a really good side I fancy them to win Ulster."
16 years. But as with all things cluxton, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

If Monaghan win ulster it will be a damning reflection of where the province is at. They are bog standard, average gym junkies with 1 quality player (McCarron showed today he is not to be relied on under pressure).

Tyrone and Donegal are a level above the rest of ulster. If they fail to show that over the next 8 weeks, they only have themselves to blame

cavanman47 (Cavan) - Posts: 5012 - 21/05/2017 03:49:02    1988692

Link

Ah sh!te. Ulster for us next year.

gotmilk (Fermanagh) - Posts: 4971 - 21/05/2017 04:27:48    1988693

Link

Replying To MadgeKing:  "We are not used to seeing lop-sided Round 1 clashes in the USFC but this one looks like it will go that way. Fermanagh are looking thread-bare, and even if their starting 15 put it up to Monaghan early on they will have very little on the bench to sustain it. On the other hand the Monaghan men are very strong this year, as good as they've ever been. For some reason they still can't cope with being favorites so their biggest problem will be the expectation of an easy win. I can't help thinking the severity of Darren Hughes injury has been exaggerated to cool that in some way. It would not be surprising to see him line out in the big one against Cavan. Anyway, a 10+ point defeat for Fermanagh looks a decent bet here. You just never know with Monaghan though..."
You called it exactly right. To play with that kind of intensity for two halves, you need a strong bench. The GAA world is ill-divided

essmac (Tyrone) - Posts: 1141 - 21/05/2017 08:15:14    1988699

Link

Very impressive second half from Monaghan. Jesus if we had Conor McManus in Mayo we'd be flying it

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 11230 - 21/05/2017 09:32:13    1988710

Link

Replying To cavanman47:  "16 years. But as with all things cluxton, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

If Monaghan win ulster it will be a damning reflection of where the province is at. They are bog standard, average gym junkies with 1 quality player (McCarron showed today he is not to be relied on under pressure).

Tyrone and Donegal are a level above the rest of ulster. If they fail to show that over the next 8 weeks, they only have themselves to blame"
It's his 17th season but sure whose counting.

Beggan a very good Keeper, Monaghan to win Ulster for me.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 21/05/2017 10:05:15    1988718

Link

Job done, plenty to work on but its all about getting the job done in Ulster championship. Serious amount of venom coming out of Cavan towards Monaghan. Monaghan had a good spread of scores and good bench.

muckla (UK) - Posts: 365 - 21/05/2017 10:13:46    1988721

Link

Replying To cavanman47:  "16 years. But as with all things cluxton, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Tyrone and Donegal are a level above the rest of ulster. If they fail to show that over the next 8 weeks, they only have themselves to blame"
Little tip for ya fella, I future when you want to write a begrudging post about your neighbours, don't elaborate too much (keep it simple) as it shows where your really at when you strip the begrudgery away.
The fact that you claim Tyrone and Donegal are a level above us and at the same time say that us winning it would be a "damning reflection on Ulster football" shows that that, deep down you are really afraid of us winning it. That fear is well justified after yesterday, wasn't perfect but it's always good to have something to work on. Next up for us is Cavan's All Ireland and after that who knows

mhunicean_abu (Monaghan) - Posts: 1044 - 21/05/2017 10:28:30    1988724

Link

Haha what a load of crap! 13 scorers from play, there's no shooting practice done in the gym!

Strange sort of a game. We were very sloppy in the first half, making several silly mistakes and were strangely open at the back which is unusual for us. In truth we were lucky to go in at half time ahead, though we had some poor wides and shorts aswell. Second half was much better, once we got into a rhythm the points kept coming. We used the bench well and all subs made a good contribution. None of the starting forwards had a brilliant game but there were a few moments of class from the three lads in the FF line, if we can get all of them flying then we're in business. All in all we only really performed well for a 20 minutes period in the 2nd half but that was enough to put the game to bed. Alot of improvements needed for the next game but I'd be confident enough that will come.

patk (Monaghan) - Posts: 936 - 21/05/2017 10:29:19    1988725

Link

By the way best of luck to Fermanagh in the Qualifiers. They, like us, have a bit to work on but they will be a hard task for anyone. Keep the faith

mhunicean_abu (Monaghan) - Posts: 1044 - 21/05/2017 10:51:09    1988735

Link

Tyrone and Donegal are a level above the rest of ulster. If they fail to show that over the next 8 weeks, they only have themselves to blame

cavanman47 (Cavan) - Posts:2507 - 21/05/2017 03:49:02 1988692

Well that's just nonsense. Gym junkies? They've held their own in division 1 for a few years now, collecting 2 provincial titles in recent years. As a county they are maximising the use of their available resources and getting the optimum return.

In contrast, Cavan haven't done anything since the 1960's (beyond a fluke in 97 when Derry were cheated out of a title). That's the simple reality of the situation, whether we as Cavan fans like it or not, Monaghan are getting something right that we simply can't.

Ned_Stormcrow (Cavan) - Posts: 1071 - 21/05/2017 17:30:06    1988853

Link