National Forum

Christy Ring 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To sponger:  "I have no problem with us playing Carow - the problem I have is that we should have home advantage or even a nuetral venue.

The draw was also held in private."
Why "should" you have home advantage sponger??? I know yis don't ever have much regard for rules up there but the rest of us play by the rules. You make it sound as if somehow the rules were changed to your disadvantage. You were already rewarded for getting to the semis through the front door by being kept apart in the draw from the other team that did so (Antrim). So you got the worst draw you could have got. Tough.

And what are you implying by saying the draw was held in private? Do you think it was fixed - is that what thinking? Come on say what your problem is, apart from your paranoia.

Onion Breath (Carlow) - Posts: 1412 - 10/05/2017 21:58:00    1985833

Link

Replying To Passer_By:  "The draw was held in a flat that hasn't been built yet, somewhere in Bray."
No point in blaming Wicklow for your own failings.

Ye all know what I mean.

sponger (Wicklow) - Posts: 2897 - 11/05/2017 17:55:25    1986027

Link

Replying To sponger:  "No point in blaming Wicklow for your own failings.

Ye all know what I mean."
We haven't.

We coached at underage and improved our footballers and hurlers.

How did that episode leave your footballers ?

carlovia (None) - Posts: 1517 - 11/05/2017 18:29:35    1986035

Link

Replying To carlovia:  "We haven't.

We coached at underage and improved our footballers and hurlers.

How did that episode leave your footballers ?"
It gave us a temporary boost.

When things ain't right lads will leave. I can vouch for that with the horrific state of footballers.

sponger (Wicklow) - Posts: 2897 - 11/05/2017 19:18:53    1986046

Link

Replying To sponger:  "It gave us a temporary boost.

When things ain't right lads will leave. I can vouch for that with the horrific state of footballers."
All your own fault sponger. Yes put the money ye had in the wrong places, know what I mean, as you'd say yourself. Yer reaping the rewards now.

Onion Breath (Carlow) - Posts: 1412 - 11/05/2017 19:57:05    1986051

Link

Replying To Onion Breath:  "All your own fault sponger. Yes put the money ye had in the wrong places, know what I mean, as you'd say yourself. Yer reaping the rewards now."
Well if we hadn't got Micko in we would havery continued to flatline. You gotta do whatever is necessary.

Normal service resumed after that.

sponger (Wicklow) - Posts: 2897 - 11/05/2017 21:57:39    1986078

Link

Replying To sponger:  "Well if we hadn't got Micko in we would havery continued to flatline. You gotta do whatever is necessary.

Normal service resumed after that."
Like stealing from your neighbour ..... nice.

Onion Breath (Carlow) - Posts: 1412 - 11/05/2017 22:23:52    1986084

Link

I was at all Kildare games so going on what I saw and what I read here including a Carlow posters point that Wicklow and Carlow had the same tally against Kildare, I'm going for a Wicklow victory over Carlow.

Down have improved big time with each game but because Antrim remain unbeaten and are playing at home I'm going for an Antrim victory

Cuhullain (Kildare) - Posts: 271 - 12/05/2017 10:28:53    1986128

Link

What's everyone's predictions for the semi final
I would love to see Wicklow reach the final, It seems a lot of work being done this year they've had a great season from relegation battle to leauge final. I think the league final wasn't a true showing of them, they seemed deflated after they lost that big chap to injury and seemed to make silly mistakes provably due to nerves
Against London they showed huge heart, want and guts to pull back the way they did and they've done that more then once this season.
I do think reaching the final would be a reward for all the work put in by Murphy, Neary and all the players

But is Carlow a step to far? Carlow seem to have a great scoring threat and have put up relitvley high scores in all their games.

I do think that Antrim will beat down easily enough but I do love seeing the under dog winning

GAA_1212 (UK) - Posts: 9 - 12/05/2017 11:53:00    1986176

Link

Replying To GAA_1212:  "What's everyone's predictions for the semi final
I would love to see Wicklow reach the final, It seems a lot of work being done this year they've had a great season from relegation battle to leauge final. I think the league final wasn't a true showing of them, they seemed deflated after they lost that big chap to injury and seemed to make silly mistakes provably due to nerves
Against London they showed huge heart, want and guts to pull back the way they did and they've done that more then once this season.
I do think reaching the final would be a reward for all the work put in by Murphy, Neary and all the players

But is Carlow a step to far? Carlow seem to have a great scoring threat and have put up relitvley high scores in all their games.

I do think that Antrim will beat down easily enough but I do love seeing the under dog winning"
Eoghan Sands getting the red card is a big loss to Down, but there's a few injuries cleared up since the last day out against Antrim which Down weren't overly concerned about, sure half the management team weren't even there.

I think the next encounter will be closer but home advantage will see Antrim over the line.

Carlow should account for Wicklow but the final will be anyones to play for.

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2503 - 12/05/2017 14:54:24    1986256

Link

Carlow and Antrim are a cut above everyone else in this competition, especially now we've reached summer hurling. I expect both to win comfortably, particularly Antrim I'd say will be about 10 points too good for Down with Carlow winning by 7/8 points. It will have the makings of a great final but I can't see Carlow playing Antrim four times in one season and not winning any.

Onion Breath (Carlow) - Posts: 1412 - 12/05/2017 16:30:10    1986287

Link

Would actually rather beat the goats than any other county because of their carry-on a few years back. It's hilarious now to see them suggesting nefarious goings on in the draw, they obviously believe that everyone is as morally bankrupt as they are. looking forward to hammering them. Hi sponger (-;

dead_as_dodos (Carlow) - Posts: 459 - 12/05/2017 22:51:04    1986355

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "Eoghan Sands getting the red card is a big loss to Down, but there's a few injuries cleared up since the last day out against Antrim which Down weren't overly concerned about, sure half the management team weren't even there.

I think the next encounter will be closer but home advantage will see Antrim over the line.

Carlow should account for Wicklow but the final will be anyones to play for."
Sands red carded? That's a disaster for Down! Incidentally, are there many non-Ards men on the team these days?

keeper7 (Longford) - Posts: 4088 - 12/05/2017 23:51:26    1986368

Link

Wicklow won't lie down you can be certain of that. Great spirit in that team. Now can you please shut the hell up about something that happened nearly a decade ago with the Wicklow FOOTBALLERS. This has nothing to do with our hurlers. Almost completely different clubs involved too. Put the hatchet down.

Wicklowman (Wicklow) - Posts: 1138 - 14/05/2017 10:37:25    1986522

Link

Replying To Wicklowman:  "Wicklow won't lie down you can be certain of that. Great spirit in that team. Now can you please shut the hell up about something that happened nearly a decade ago with the Wicklow FOOTBALLERS. This has nothing to do with our hurlers. Almost completely different clubs involved too. Put the hatchet down."
No.

It was one of the single most disgraceful episodes in the history of GAA transfers. Wicklow behaved despicably and it won't be forgotten.

Onion Breath (Carlow) - Posts: 1412 - 14/05/2017 14:47:58    1986568

Link

Replying To Wicklowman:  "Wicklow won't lie down you can be certain of that. Great spirit in that team. Now can you please shut the hell up about something that happened nearly a decade ago with the Wicklow FOOTBALLERS. This has nothing to do with our hurlers. Almost completely different clubs involved too. Put the hatchet down."
Wicklowman, I share your view, in fact I find the whole thing embarrassing to say the least, if you look at the forum you will see I don't post here that often. , and your right this thing has gone on far too long, you will also see that it's the same Carlow poster I'm sorry to say that brings it up , it's as if he's lurking there like a predator waiting for the opportune moment to pounce. Banter is a healthy thing in sport no doubt and sometimes the banter cut's a little deep and we all know that, but that's life. When some faceless poster comes on here in the so called name of Carlow football and brings up something that happened 10 years ago in a vindictive way he is not doing so on my behalf and I can safely say on any good Carlow person's behalf either
The same poster conveniently forgets that it's not too long ago that a good Wicklow footballer made himself available for selection to county and club here in Carlow. He only pop's in here at a time when he see's an opening to get a cut at someone, he think's he's exciting the thread when in fact he's lowering the tone.
Ignore him Wicklowman, he may not go away but who cares. He goes on to say, Wicklow behaved despicably and it won't be forgotten. Who cares about that either, he's on his own.

Scallioneater (Carlow) - Posts: 293 - 14/05/2017 17:53:19    1986599

Link

Replying To Scallioneater:  "Wicklowman, I share your view, in fact I find the whole thing embarrassing to say the least, if you look at the forum you will see I don't post here that often. , and your right this thing has gone on far too long, you will also see that it's the same Carlow poster I'm sorry to say that brings it up , it's as if he's lurking there like a predator waiting for the opportune moment to pounce. Banter is a healthy thing in sport no doubt and sometimes the banter cut's a little deep and we all know that, but that's life. When some faceless poster comes on here in the so called name of Carlow football and brings up something that happened 10 years ago in a vindictive way he is not doing so on my behalf and I can safely say on any good Carlow person's behalf either
The same poster conveniently forgets that it's not too long ago that a good Wicklow footballer made himself available for selection to county and club here in Carlow. He only pop's in here at a time when he see's an opening to get a cut at someone, he think's he's exciting the thread when in fact he's lowering the tone.
Ignore him Wicklowman, he may not go away but who cares. He goes on to say, Wicklow behaved despicably and it won't be forgotten. Who cares about that either, he's on his own."
A wrong is a wrong Scallioneater, and he ain't on his own, not by a long long chalk. Re hurling, I expect us to just beat them, but why not mention 'the war' in my view. The hypocrisy of their county board letter of appeal this week (which governs both codes) is just staggering.

The more often we win by 10pts plus in the league against them the better. I will not excuse my acrimony towards Wicklow, nor should I. They are the ones who need to be apologetic, and never mind the passings of sand. Up Carlow.

Passer_By (Carlow) - Posts: 509 - 14/05/2017 18:41:56    1986614

Link

Replying To Scallioneater:  "Wicklowman, I share your view, in fact I find the whole thing embarrassing to say the least, if you look at the forum you will see I don't post here that often. , and your right this thing has gone on far too long, you will also see that it's the same Carlow poster I'm sorry to say that brings it up , it's as if he's lurking there like a predator waiting for the opportune moment to pounce. Banter is a healthy thing in sport no doubt and sometimes the banter cut's a little deep and we all know that, but that's life. When some faceless poster comes on here in the so called name of Carlow football and brings up something that happened 10 years ago in a vindictive way he is not doing so on my behalf and I can safely say on any good Carlow person's behalf either
Ignore him Wicklowman, he may not go away but who cares. He goes on to say, Wicklow behaved despicably and it won't be forgotten. Who cares about that either, he's on his own."
A wrong is a wrong Scallioneater, and he ain't on his own, not by a long long chalk. Re hurling, I expect us to just beat them, but why not mention 'the war' in my view. The hypocrisy of their county board letter of appeal this week (which governs both codes) is just staggering.

The more often we win by 10pts plus in the league against them the better. I will not excuse my acrimony towards Wicklow, nor should I. They are the ones who need to be apologetic, and never mind the passings of sand. Up Carlow.

Passer_By (Carlow) - Posts: 509 - 14/05/2017 18:44:46    1986615

Link

The episode was brought up here due to a Wicklow poster giving out about Kildare playing outside players.

Think it was said tongue in cheek though.

Don't mind admitting that I've little time for Wicklow and I'm hoping our hurlers can beat them on Saturday.

carlovia (None) - Posts: 1517 - 14/05/2017 19:31:01    1986630

Link

Ah would go away out of that scallioneater. I'm on me own you say, well you're entitled to your opinion but it is definitely very wrong or else I'm living in cloud cuckoo land and the GAA people I talk are aliens. The vast majority of Carlow GAA fans would share my view, of that I have no doubt whatsoever. The closer you get to Fenagh, the stronger the feeelings are. The Fenagh club suffered significantly as well and to a lesser extent Ballinkillen.

Wicklow got away with it and some of them, and you, think we should just forget about it at this stage. Using fake address on official transfer forms et al was just a bit of crack according to some, banter you might call it. Despicable behaviour in an supposedly amateur association I call it.

Onion Breath (Carlow) - Posts: 1412 - 14/05/2017 22:09:02    1986668

Link