James Savage elected to post of County Treasurer
Billy Boyle development officer
Des Doolin coaching officer
Tom Farrell central council delegate
Donie Malone new PRO
Aidan Walsh new Irish Language Office
Leinster Council delegates elected are Albert Lowry and Michael Mc Hugh
Congress delegates Jimmy Whelan Tom Hunt and Albert lowry
Leinster convention delegates Alan Coyne Tom Hunt Sean O Brien Joe Martin and Francie Donoghue

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 611 - 17/12/2017 17:40:24    2065448

Link

Great start from the new PRO can't beat new young blood with new ideas and enthusiasm, hopefully they are looking upgrading the website

Westmeathgeal (Westmeath) - Posts: 28 - 03/01/2018 23:39:44    2066713

Link

Replying To Westmeathgeal:  "Great start from the new PRO can't beat new young blood with new ideas and enthusiasm, hopefully they are looking upgrading the website"
For sure and a rev up of the website is already well progressed I believe. Great updates from the football alright but not much about the hurling last weekend.

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 611 - 03/01/2018 23:51:21    2066715

Link

Almost €1 million spent on county teams in 2018!
They must be burning the cash.
How many people are leeching money off our county?

And to top it off €270,000 spent on games development with no breakdown on where the money is going!

No wonder clubs don't want to pay their levies each year

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1609 - 16/12/2018 21:46:15    2154439

Link

Replying To valley84:  "Almost €1 million spent on county teams in 2018!
They must be burning the cash.
How many people are leeching money off our county?

And to top it off €270,000 spent on games development with no breakdown on where the money is going!

No wonder clubs don't want to pay their levies each year"
Don't worry 24 million went missing in Cork and as for Galway!

jobber (Westmeath) - Posts: 643 - 17/12/2018 10:52:09    2154467

Link

€270,000 on games development? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Where is this money actually going?. To supplement the spending on sub standard senior teams?

Chops (Westmeath) - Posts: 775 - 17/12/2018 13:28:01    2154495

Link

Any news or changes from yesterday? Can the accounts be seen anywhere online?

the21yardline (Westmeath) - Posts: 102 - 17/12/2018 19:46:58    2154547

Link

Replying To the21yardline:  "Any news or changes from yesterday? Can the accounts be seen anywhere online?"
You wont see those accounts anywhere or where money went, except maybe on the end of year balance book of Renault Ireland, think even the guys on the scheme in Cusack Park are driving new Renaults, well everyone else is. €270k on games development in the county is laughable, it was said that a large chunk of money went on jerseys for all underage development squads but at a meeting a few months back it was said that the Radisson Blu money this year bought those jerseys.
I have two nephews one with a hurling development squad (competitive) and the other with football (younger) and I have been to watch both at training and blitz's and a weeks wages would cover what both of them got this year in regards to investment in buses, food, S&C, Gym etc. As usual there is a figure but no breakdown of what exactly it was spent on, I would guess that we invested a good chunk in making the Kajar the best selling car in the county

Thechick (Westmeath) - Posts: 39 - 19/12/2018 18:36:34    2154764

Link

Replying To Thechick:  "You wont see those accounts anywhere or where money went, except maybe on the end of year balance book of Renault Ireland, think even the guys on the scheme in Cusack Park are driving new Renaults, well everyone else is. €270k on games development in the county is laughable, it was said that a large chunk of money went on jerseys for all underage development squads but at a meeting a few months back it was said that the Radisson Blu money this year bought those jerseys.
I have two nephews one with a hurling development squad (competitive) and the other with football (younger) and I have been to watch both at training and blitz's and a weeks wages would cover what both of them got this year in regards to investment in buses, food, S&C, Gym etc. As usual there is a figure but no breakdown of what exactly it was spent on, I would guess that we invested a good chunk in making the Kajar the best selling car in the county"
Does one of the primary schools coaches have use of a sponsored car?
Even the neighbours kids were able to tell me this

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1609 - 19/12/2018 20:02:20    2154773

Link

Replying To Thechick:  "You wont see those accounts anywhere or where money went, except maybe on the end of year balance book of Renault Ireland, think even the guys on the scheme in Cusack Park are driving new Renaults, well everyone else is. €270k on games development in the county is laughable, it was said that a large chunk of money went on jerseys for all underage development squads but at a meeting a few months back it was said that the Radisson Blu money this year bought those jerseys.
I have two nephews one with a hurling development squad (competitive) and the other with football (younger) and I have been to watch both at training and blitz's and a weeks wages would cover what both of them got this year in regards to investment in buses, food, S&C, Gym etc. As usual there is a figure but no breakdown of what exactly it was spent on, I would guess that we invested a good chunk in making the Kajar the best selling car in the county"
"think even the guys on the scheme in Cusack Park are driving new Renaults, well everyone else is" - In fairness I know it was a throwaway comment but no-one working in a scheme or in the office in CP is driving a sponsored car. As for elected officials, coaches etc I have no idea as there is never mention of who gets what. There is absolutely no transparency under the current overlord and that's where the biggest problem lies

Darragh (Westmeath) - Posts: 273 - 20/12/2018 13:48:19    2154821

Link

We need a full time S&C coach in the county, simple as.
Straight away it would reduce the S&C bill for the seniors panels and U20 panels (in theory)
Development squads might be screened properly and training plans given to squads mentors.
We might also get some workshops and guidelines for club coaches.
Take the money out of the games development and senior teams budgets

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1609 - 20/12/2018 23:39:17    2154867

Link

Full time S & c coach appointed by county board about six weeks ago. You're so busy being negative that any good news stories pass you by.

Bellewest (Westmeath) - Posts: 57 - 21/12/2018 16:45:14    2154936

Link

Replying To Bellewest:  "Full time S & c coach appointed by county board about six weeks ago. You're so busy being negative that any good news stories pass you by."
Is it true a part time nutritionist to all county squads has also been appointed

jobber (Westmeath) - Posts: 643 - 21/12/2018 18:36:04    2154947

Link

Replying To Bellewest:  "Full time S & c coach appointed by county board about six weeks ago. You're so busy being negative that any good news stories pass you by."
Has he actually started?

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1609 - 22/12/2018 11:41:16    2154990

Link

The announcement was that he was starting 6 weeks ago and would be developing plans for all squads. I didn't let the news pass me by, im still waiting to hear six weeks later anything has started, and so far nothing

Thechick (Westmeath) - Posts: 39 - 03/01/2019 18:02:57    2155590

Link

Almost 2 weeks later and nobody has bothered to answer my question

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1609 - 03/01/2019 20:26:27    2155603

Link

Replying To valley84:  "Almost 2 weeks later and nobody has bothered to answer my question"
It would be great if the accounts were posted on the website too

the21yardline (Westmeath) - Posts: 102 - 04/01/2019 07:56:53    2155616

Link