Tipperary Forum

Tipperary vs Dublin

(Oldest Posts First)

Right lads how are we fixed for Sunday? Is it true Hennessy is going really well in training? Ilike the
look of him and think he has lots to offer.

On the main site Mullman thinks it will be the same 15 as the last day. Will Brendan Maher get his place back at all? I suppose if it's not broke don't fix but I think maher will make the team that bit stronger. Don't get me wrong O'Keefe has played well this year.

Would like to see Shane Bourke get more than a cameo.

Killarney.87 (Tipperary) - Posts: 2329 - 11/08/2011 18:18:51    1009272

Link

well should be a good game the dublin boys are waiting a long time for this appearance in a semi final 53 years they will be up for it daly has put great life in the dublin hurling game so with that in mind they will be all out to reach a final they will take beating they dont give up but maybe its a step too far for this year but who knows personally I would like to see them get to the final lads and if they do im sure no one will begrudge them that. will be a good game id say ye will shade it though by a couple of points

lillymadfan (Kildare) - Posts: 1085 - 12/08/2011 11:10:43    1009525

Link

This was posted as a new thread but as the subject matter is the same it has been incorporated here.

Trixy

Tipperary Beware !!

Although Tipperary have still to beat Dublin I wish to give a warning toTipperary folk[many of them my kith and kin],the Tipperary County Board,the Tipp players and management. If Tipp win on Sunday they will face Kilkenny in the final. At present within the upper echelons of the G.A.A. and among top referees there is a hue and cry for Brian Gavin of Offaly to referee the final. I forewarned all of Tipperary in 2009 what Kirwan would do with his whistle to any Tipp team in an All Ireland final. I was proven correct. You see its in the D.N.A of certain Offaly people and has been for decades. What is it? Joy at the Premier colours being lowered, and a long standing bitterness against Tipperarys physical style of hurling in days of yore. Offalys hurling template in the past was drawn from the nice classy style of Kilkenny. Now rest very uneasily if Brian Gavin gets the whistle for the final versus Kilkenny. Like Kirwan before him all the borderline decisions which turn a game will go Kilkennys way. The whole of Tipperary must object most vehemently against the appointment of any Offaly referee for THIS FINAL in the event of Tipperary participation.

Administrator (None) - Posts: 2151 - 12/08/2011 13:56:15    1009712

Link

Its going to be a one sided game of course but as all ireland champions the pressure is all on you. the dubs are good enough to win if tip have a bad day and with o dyerer on form he will want to show that it was a bad desision to leave him

haz (Dublin) - Posts: 213 - 12/08/2011 17:05:57    1009928

Link

As a wexford man living in kildare for the past 30 years it has not been agreat year as a wexford and kildare supporter. Hurlers beaten out the gate by kilkenny, both kildare and wexford football teams robbed by the ref. So my only hope now is for Tipp to beat dublin and the hammer the cats. Best of luck.

square.lodger (Kildare) - Posts: 68 - 12/08/2011 22:01:17    1010187

Link