Tipperary Forum

Shambles v Dublin

(Oldest Posts First)

After seeing that scandless performance v Dublin were they we go from here???

eireog (Tipperary) - Posts: 127 - 01/03/2010 20:13:15    576443

Link

Don't press the panic button just yet Eire Og. where we go from here is bounce back at the weekend vs Kilkenny. They should be plenty motivated for that one regardless of the result yesterday.

Killarney.87 (Tipperary) - Posts: 2354 - 01/03/2010 20:27:51    576469

Link

Jayuss little early to be writing us off just yet, some of the lads are still conditioning and fitness training at the moment and there was supposely a very hard training session on saturday night before the game seen a couple of the team heading into the arena in u.l this evening . I don't think tipp are as far ahead in preparation as they have been in previous years they havn't been working with the ball as much at the moment and could explain the rustyness. That dublin team have a fair bit of work done i'd say. But going by that it'll have to be a serious improvement to beat kilkenny.
But in no way writing off dublin they still looked very impressive.

I for one have full belief in Liam and the team and to be honest will judge where they'er at after playing cork in the championship.

Hag_and_Cheese (Tipperary) - Posts: 6103 - 01/03/2010 20:42:05    576495

Link

Also only 8 players that started against kilkenny in the all-ireland started against dublin....

Hag_and_Cheese (Tipperary) - Posts: 6103 - 01/03/2010 20:51:50    576512

Link

could be a blessing in disguise, nothing like an early season reminder that the merits gained last year will stand for very little this year!

i know we were bet by the time kelly had the two penalities but why does he nearly always aim down the middle at the goalie? its been annoying me for years!

semplestadium (Tipperary) - Posts: 146 - 02/03/2010 08:36:39    576633

Link

First of all well done Dublin on a great win,should give them confidence for the remainder of the league.This game was Dublin's fifth competitive game this year and Tipp's second.As stated Tipp. are not as well forward in condition as in the last couple of years. Early days yet and a long road ahead,and don't forget Dublin were at full strength.

Nullisecundus (Tipperary) - Posts: 45 - 02/03/2010 10:28:30    576711

Link

I was surprised by the result especially considering the way Waterford put away the Dubs the previous weekend. Sheedy may be foregoing the league this year to keep the team fresh come championship. There are counties in worse positions than Tipp by the way!

SirShaughs (Limerick) - Posts: 388 - 02/03/2010 10:55:36    576739

Link

take it easy ther eire og....there is no reason for us to be worrying...didnt every1 write us off last year after kk in nolan park...this is the best way to go into the kk game...every1 writing them off...no need to worry at all

lowerormond (Tipperary) - Posts: 1267 - 02/03/2010 18:51:38    577409

Link

re: lowerormond

I agree with you on most things but not in saying there's nothing to worry about going into the kilkenny game, in general i'm not getting worried about the championship but going into a kilkenny game off the back of that is different. Kilkenny are a ruthless machine they'll love to get the boot into tipp after that defeat they did they same with cork last year and tipp too just to prove a point and get a phycological edge.... That in my view is one of the things that give kilkenny the edge over everyone else.

serious improvement needed by tipp but i think their capable of it.

Hag_and_Cheese (Tipperary) - Posts: 6103 - 02/03/2010 21:06:31    577556

Link

theirs certainly loads of improvment to be made!!
were would you place the ball urself semple since ur such an expert on taking penalties??
eoin kelly has never let tipp down especially on placed balls!!

ScoobyDoo (Tipperary) - Posts: 96 - 02/03/2010 21:17:40    577579

Link

HAG_AND_CHEESE
County: Tipperary

im not worried about them,,,they will turn it on when they have to...no bother to him,,there not as bad as last sunday...theresnothin better than the black and amber to drive them on surely

lowerormond (Tipperary) - Posts: 1267 - 02/03/2010 21:49:12    577622

Link

it was only one loss maybe it,s a blessing.no harm to be woken up.it,s better to lose now then in july or august

bigman2 (Tipperary) - Posts: 1202 - 03/03/2010 14:04:45    577954

Link

one thing i notice about the tipp team is they are over confident, cocky even. tis loss may make them more down to earth and concentrate better

eireog (Tipperary) - Posts: 127 - 03/03/2010 16:12:36    578139

Link

One noticeable thing about Tipp was that for about ten minutes after the penalty in the first minute, they were spreading around passes in the forwards, across the pitch and even back into midfield which to me indicated that they thought they were in for a handy enough day. By time they realised they were in a game Dublin didn't allow them to settle and hassled them in every position. Dublin wanted it more, had a few more games under their belts and were hurting after what happened in Waterford and had big point to prove, so it was probably a difficult game for Tipp to get a hold on. Galway/Waterford result same day proves that league is pretty unpredictable and that, other than Limerick at the present time, any of them could beat one another on any given day, especially with home advantage.

Don't thnk Tipp will be losing sleep over it and possibly a better game to have started with than a possible hiding off the Cats on live TV! I'm sure they will be sharper on Sunday and will be peaking in the late Summer rather than February or March! From our point of view it was huge game to win and hopefully we can build on it over next 5/6 weeks and maybe go one better in the championship than 2009. Anyway, best of luck for the year, and thanks for the generous comments from the Tipp supporters on the Dub forum.

hurlingdub (Dublin) - Posts: 6978 - 04/03/2010 09:00:48    578684

Link

This game certainly showed that Tipp do not have an awful lot outside their starting 15 in last year's All Ireland Final. The subs we brought on that day proved that. Wiith James Woodlock injured and John O'Brien and Pat Kerwick strugging to hold their places, Tipp's reserve strength iis pretty limited. IMO there are several players on the panel who have very little to offer. They have been tried many times and I believe that a lot more new blood should have been brought in for the NHL.

Star Gazer (Tipperary) - Posts: 436 - 06/03/2010 17:56:08    580813

Link