Tipperary Forum

Tipp v Cork

(Oldest Posts First)

I notice there is little discussion regarding yesterday's match. Are supporters not using HS anymore to initiate debate? People prefering twitter etc???

Without going on about the blatantly obvious, ie, lack of intensity, hunger or fight in the Tipperary hurlers of 2017. A couple of things.

1. I watched Dan Mc Cormack hurl for Borris against Kiladangan recently and he was ordinary. BM looked a JB hurler. However, Dan gave an exhibition yesterday and in my opinion was Tipp's best hurler on the day closely followed by M Breen who had a fantastic game as well. I thought Paudie held his own but no other Tipp butler was at the races. They're way off championship pace. But if Dan and Breen are clearly flying it, what's going on with the rest?

2. Management decisions or lack off. So many to mention but I'm too annoyed to continue to type.

fergo (Tipperary) - Posts: 40 - 22/05/2017 19:42:37    1989548

Link

Replying To fergo:  "I notice there is little discussion regarding yesterday's match. Are supporters not using HS anymore to initiate debate? People prefering twitter etc???

Without going on about the blatantly obvious, ie, lack of intensity, hunger or fight in the Tipperary hurlers of 2017. A couple of things.

1. I watched Dan Mc Cormack hurl for Borris against Kiladangan recently and he was ordinary. BM looked a JB hurler. However, Dan gave an exhibition yesterday and in my opinion was Tipp's best hurler on the day closely followed by M Breen who had a fantastic game as well. I thought Paudie held his own but no other Tipp butler was at the races. They're way off championship pace. But if Dan and Breen are clearly flying it, what's going on with the rest?

2. Management decisions or lack off. So many to mention but I'm too annoyed to continue to type."
The team has a "gone"look about them. Also the lack of tactical flexibility by the management is a major failing. Route one in the air to Callanan persisted all day even though he was been double and sometimes treble marked.

Brinsley Swartz (Mayo) - Posts: 2194 - 25/05/2017 12:38:25    1990609

Link