Replying To Cuppa:  "Was clones at full strength yesterday"
No

MonaghanGlory (Monaghan) - Posts: 618 - 15/04/2019 09:01:26    2178877

Link

Replying To MonaghanGlory:  "No"
Who were they missing?

stvictor (Monaghan) - Posts: 57 - 15/04/2019 10:34:03    2178893

Link

I was at the Toome v clonas game and it looked to me that clonas did have a full strength team. All there county men where playing, Toome marked them well and got nice score's. Clonas still a strong team wouldn't rule them out

UlsterChamp (Monaghan) - Posts: 28 - 15/04/2019 17:27:17    2178997

Link

Did Darren freeman play I think that lad should be on the county team he is fast and his ball control is very good he will be very hard to control in junoir this year

Cuppa (Monaghan) - Posts: 150 - 15/04/2019 18:02:31    2179010

Link

Replying To Cuppa:  "Did Darren freeman play I think that lad should be on the county team he is fast and his ball control is very good he will be very hard to control in junoir this year"
Ye freeman was playing got there goal and a point or two, played well but toome player marking him did well on him to keep him from scoreing maybe more. But still a good enough performance from him

UlsterChamp (Monaghan) - Posts: 28 - 15/04/2019 19:06:58    2179026

Link

Senior Football looking interesting this year. Clontibret, Ballybay, Blayney and Carrick could all push Scotstown hard for the championship. Inniskeen and Doohamlet wont be going down easily, could see one of the so called big boys possibly going down, like Latton or Truagh. Truagh were very lucky to get over Inniskeen, was at the game and they could be in trouble this year with an injury or two. I see they managed to get a jersey as ugly as their style of play, very defensive with a lot of late hits going in. Currin wont be putting up much of a fight me thinks......

Mickod88 (Monaghan) - Posts: 1 - 17/04/2019 17:41:37    2179333

Link

Replying To Mickod88:  "Senior Football looking interesting this year. Clontibret, Ballybay, Blayney and Carrick could all push Scotstown hard for the championship. Inniskeen and Doohamlet wont be going down easily, could see one of the so called big boys possibly going down, like Latton or Truagh. Truagh were very lucky to get over Inniskeen, was at the game and they could be in trouble this year with an injury or two. I see they managed to get a jersey as ugly as their style of play, very defensive with a lot of late hits going in. Currin wont be putting up much of a fight me thinks......"
Ballybay in particular looking very well, and have played all of their games while missing some county men. Clontibret seem to be looking much better this year than in years past but it's still early days yet. Shaping up to be the most competitive Championship we've seen in a while

HB245 (Monaghan) - Posts: 51 - 21/04/2019 10:57:13    2179717

Link

leagues starting to take decent shape now. Very surprised with the start aughnamullen has had . its a long way up to the top 4 for them now and they could well be in a battle to avoid the drop. seans look like they will go down even at this early stage unless they can seriously turn it around. at the top its goin be serious tight for the 2nd 3rd and 4th spot i reckon any of the rest could well slot in there. the last round of 5 pointers will be very exciting .

farneygael (Monaghan) - Posts: 107 - 05/05/2019 18:20:57    2181988

Link

Anyone making any predictions after seeing the first 6 rounds of club league football being played.

Who is in trouble in each league? Whos playing well?
Any new talent coming on?

countymonaghan (Monaghan) - Posts: 138 - 14/05/2019 15:58:11    2184033

Link

Replying To countymonaghan:  "Anyone making any predictions after seeing the first 6 rounds of club league football being played.

Who is in trouble in each league? Whos playing well?
Any new talent coming on?"
Cremartin been the surprise package of the Intermediate League, playing some great stuff.
Senior Championship has to be Ballybay's this year!
I'll go with Magheracloone to win the Intermediate Championship and Donaghmoyne to win the league.
Junior is tough to call, expected much more from Clones, they should be getting promoted easily with the standard of players there.

HB245 (Monaghan) - Posts: 51 - 14/05/2019 17:40:40    2184059

Link

Yes Maghercloone seem too strong for Intermediate but Monaghan Harps aren't getting away so easy. The championship will be interesting in this league with Maghercloone Donaghmoyne Monaghan Harps all hoping to get their hands on silverware.

Ballybay certainly have the strength and depth just seem to crumble when scotstown come near them. Clontibret have started well also but its early days yet. Currin will go down (unless they win championship) and blayney seem to be going that way too.

Junior is always the same. Anyone is capable of pulling off a shock result. Hopefully a good summer ahead for the club scene aswell as the County team.

countymonaghan (Monaghan) - Posts: 138 - 14/05/2019 21:25:33    2184137

Link

How did the club matches go this weekend?

Who do yous fancy for the 3 leagues ?

UlsterChamp (Monaghan) - Posts: 28 - 25/05/2019 11:04:00    2187255

Link