Louth Forum

Wexford Game

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Tonesboy:  "No Tommy wasn't playing against us the other night so they obviously must have thought they could win without him and also satisfy the Louth management team by not risking him.They shouldn't be put in that position though in fairness it's not right.But it paid off for them cause they won comfortably.Hopefully he's in top form against the dubs he's our only hope around midfield all season."
Exactly my point. The club should not be put in that position neither should both sets of managers.

in_a_bind (USA) - Posts: 61 - 17/05/2019 10:34:16    2184833

Link

More rounds in Div 3b probably leading to the push. Not enough time in the year to wait for county players. How many weeks are clubs going to be without first team football now? We'll end up having to play champ and playoffs on top of one another to make provincial champ. Don't think the intercounty calender has been designed to spite the Westerns.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 17/05/2019 22:39:54    2185080

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "More rounds in Div 3b probably leading to the push. Not enough time in the year to wait for county players. How many weeks are clubs going to be without first team football now? We'll end up having to play champ and playoffs on top of one another to make provincial champ. Don't think the intercounty calender has been designed to spite the Westerns."
Probably be only a couple of weeks without football cause let's face it Louth are out of Leinster next weekend and if they get a division 1 or 2 side in the Qualifiers they'll probably be out of that too so there will be plenty of time to play the last 5 rounds of the league and championship.We have to realistic in this county.As I said earlier tommy didn't play against us Tuesday night so it's all rosey in the garden,but obviously his club can't be asked to play a huge derby game against the 2nd placed team in 3B the Sean's the night before Louth play Dublin.I couldn't believe it when a westies man told me this the other night,wouldn't happen to a big senior club end of.

Tonesboy (Louth) - Posts: 7 - 18/05/2019 10:17:27    2185139

Link