Louth Forum

Louth V Longford

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I'm sorry lads but same old same old. Terrible crowd, Longford B team and we struggled. Back 6 were awful and 1 or 2 lads lookded overweight and way out of their depth. 2nd half played better but not commiting any players forward at crucial stages when we could have drawn or even won the game was so so obvious. No doubt we will he relegated now. I was expecting much more from the manager and players, decision making is a huge problem with this team. We had a chance near the end to grab a draw and all we had to do was keep the ball but we just couldn't do it, gave the ball away so cheaply and it cost us big time.

joej (Louth) - Posts: 1509 - 27/01/2019 22:04:56    2160153

Link

Very poor today, the Blue's or Jock's Team alone would have beaten louth today.
Who would think these boys trained this few month's, a lot of that team are not county standard. Full back line poor, an midfield need be looked at. Jocks Wayne Campbell a good option.

Redzer_Brown (Louth) - Posts: 148 - 27/01/2019 22:11:10    2160156

Link

Poor discipline from the two midfielders was replicated on the line by the manager and his selectors. Spent more time berating the officials than directing the team.
Longford were there for the taking and we bottled it.

Drogexile (Louth) - Posts: 63 - 27/01/2019 22:12:40    2160157

Link

That was the worst first half of football from a louth team i ever saw second half a little better we need about 10 quality player's and we don't have them div 4 coming up I'm afraid

thestrapper49 (Louth) - Posts: 208 - 27/01/2019 23:10:44    2160196

Link

Very disappointing to-day.This was a game to be won against a weakened Longford team. Not the day to experiment. Based on what we saw in the Byrne Cup and the Plunkets challenge and the players available to-day I would have thought that Alan McGauley, Sam Mulroy and Conor Brannigan should have started. I presume Jim Mac and Decko were unavailable. We should have been out of sight after 15 minutes against a clearly non confident team. The slack goal turned everything on its head and the game was gone. The blacks and reds didn't help. On the Sunday Game there were at least two tackles in Division 1 where similar tackles to those in Drogheda which got blacks got no penalty. Seems they have junior refs in the lower divisions . A senior ref was on the line in Drogheda.

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1378 - 27/01/2019 23:58:56    2160204

Link

Decky wasn't selected was fit to play. Bevan at number 6 is a joke, wing forwards gave us nothing midfield missing I could go on, Longford were shocking which reflects even more negatively on us

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 142 - 28/01/2019 10:13:31    2160272

Link

Very disappointed with yesterday's result. Longford were there for the taking but once again Louths discipline has cost them. Its gonna be a real struggle now to stay up.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12136 - 28/01/2019 11:10:51    2160309

Link

Interesting to note a few of you saying Longford were shocking....you mean the Longford B team were shocking! Count your lucky stars that their 12 players absent, of which 10 would of been starting were missing yesterday!

Oddball (Roscommon) - Posts: 755 - 28/01/2019 13:39:28    2160386

Link

Replying To Oddball:  "Interesting to note a few of you saying Longford were shocking....you mean the Longford B team were shocking! Count your lucky stars that their 12 players absent, of which 10 would of been starting were missing yesterday!"
Eye gouging . Now that is shocking.
We might finish with as many points as the Crimson lads.
Mind the sheep.

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1378 - 28/01/2019 15:18:13    2160431

Link

Oddball
Is there nothing on the Rossies forum to discuss? Or is it like Roscommon in General, boring!

joej (Louth) - Posts: 1509 - 28/01/2019 15:41:40    2160441

Link

Replying To bennypoor:  "Thought a good few of the lads tried hard today especially with 13 men but with Longford missing so many this a disgraceful result two lads getting sent off thought was harsh Tommy durnin must of got sent off at least 5 or 6 times for louth in 2 or 3 years and how Ryan Burns was left on theach pitch he done nothing can't even kick a free how is he an inter county footballer looks like a strong wind would blow him over some out tackling today was good but yet again no system of attack going backwards the whole they will not kick the ball in put two men inside Sam Mulroy Decky Byrne and try get lads in an around them we were just messing about with the ball the whole time"
Shocking to go in that hard on a 21/22 year old who has given nothing but 110% for the senior team since he was still in secondary school. Great scorer and sure he can improve but people like you would make me wonder why anyone plays county.

Louthman18 (Louth) - Posts: 8 - 28/01/2019 16:36:24    2160467

Link

Replying To Louthman18:  "Shocking to go in that hard on a 21/22 year old who has given nothing but 110% for the senior team since he was still in secondary school. Great scorer and sure he can improve but people like you would make me wonder why anyone plays county."
It's nothing personal against the chap he hasn't perform plain n simple so someone else should get a chance am I wrong in saying he was poor yesterday I don't think so and has been for a good while. It doesn't matter what age he is if your good enough your old enough look at David Clifford or any top player it's the mentally in gaa now at underage every lad gets a medal now a days no hunger drive or determination to prove people wrong but sure you can't say anything bad about anyone now a days in case they get offended

bennypoor (Louth) - Posts: 345 - 28/01/2019 20:44:46    2160542

Link

Sunday was a great chance to pick up 2 points against a Longford team missing at least a dozen players. We were good for the first 10 minutes and after that it was downhill. Very unfair to say some players were out of their dept. I don't blame the players, I blame the people that put them out there.
Shocking carry on from the management on the line. And ended with the manager being put into the stand and will now probably face a suspension. The referee was left with no choice on the sending off as they were stupid tackles.

We need points quickly before we end up in a relegation battle and going to division 4 Would be a disaster.

Let's get behind the lads and get that win we have being waiting on

Northlouth (Louth) - Posts: 93 - 29/01/2019 12:13:45    2160677

Link

There is no room for sentiment Ryan burns had an off day Sunday and should of been replaced its not his fault he wasn't. Decky needs to start Saturday the first half last week was made for him would surely of kicked a couple of points with the wind on his back. Bevan needs to be removed from six and instructed he is never ever to think he can shoot because he cant. Sam hopefully will be fit to start forwards worked much better with him leading the line. Andy has to pass off the ball he had more possession on Sunday than any other player and was turned over 4/5 times with passes on and refused to take. Play as a team everyone and the result is what matters not the individual.

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 142 - 29/01/2019 12:36:17    2160686

Link