Louth Forum

Transfers ??

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Louthman18:  "Thought the same but then I hear that Paudy Clarke and Alan Kirk and The Matthews lads aren't playing anymore. Lads with lots of football. Seems the poison of the board is still well and truly alive that these aren't back"
They seem to have the same family above let run everything into the ground there some very good players to not have this season

bennypoor (Louth) - Posts: 345 - 21/02/2019 22:26:36    2166859

Link

Replying To Louthman18:  "Thought the same but then I hear that Paudy Clarke and Alan Kirk and The Matthews lads aren't playing anymore. Lads with lots of football. Seems the poison of the board is still well and truly alive that these aren't back"
I wouldn't say it's poison,hearing alot lately of players wanting to transfer away from clubs I think its a easy option,why not stay train hard with your club regardless of Young players coming behind to take your place,older players shoushould be setting an example now a days there hiding behind excuses I.e I'll probably come back to train in March,summer soccer etc..

Loyalblue19 (Louth) - Posts: 11 - 22/02/2019 10:08:34    2166906

Link

Replying To Greengrass:  "They've won one title in 44 years Ollie. They won in 1975. The only time they've won it since is 1995."
That's right Greengrass. Only Cooley have lost more finals in that time than the Marys.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12136 - 22/02/2019 11:38:26    2166925

Link

Replying To Louthman18:  "As does the youngest who was part of that great minor team two years ago. Be interesting to see if they get. Must be something big behind the scenes I imagine."
It's all down to players attitude if a player is happy to play junior football instead of senior only showing there face a few weeks before a championship game and GETS PLAYED instead of training from January 2/3 nights a week and fight for his place,Young lads to quick to blame this and that,its called you get out of sport what you put into it,these lads clearly don't....

Loyalblue19 (Louth) - Posts: 11 - 22/02/2019 12:23:01    2166936

Link

Egos. Teams are better off without players that think they're better than their club. Move along and built a team with players that want to play for their club regardless of results/trophies.

davetherave (Louth) - Posts: 77 - 23/02/2019 09:59:40    2167084

Link

Mother of God lads yous are having a conversations on particular situations/individuals yous clearly have a gripe with and trying to generalise so yous can air your grudge. Haven't seen this year yet but last year about one handful of transfers came from hearings. The majority where all signed off by the clubs themselves. That means no issue, no egos, a lad moved house and circumstances changed so moved on to keep playing Gaelic or the club didn't want him. This crap of some big secret drama every year is nonsense. Most of the clubs yous are mentioning are the ones signing away these lads and that's their own perogative. After next county board meeting or next talk to your club delegate and he'll have the details on transfers like always.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 23/02/2019 11:42:03    2167109

Link

Any lads with royal in their name shouldn't be allowed post on HS. No royals in Louth mate!

joej (Louth) - Posts: 1509 - 24/02/2019 23:01:32    2167778

Link

Replying To joej:  "Any lads with royal in their name shouldn't be allowed post on HS. No royals in Louth mate!"
Haha,meant to be loyal joej....

Loyalblue19 (Louth) - Posts: 11 - 25/02/2019 10:37:28    2167887

Link

Replying To Royalblue19:  "I wouldn't say it's poison,hearing alot lately of players wanting to transfer away from clubs I think its a easy option,why not stay train hard with your club regardless of Young players coming behind to take your place,older players shoushould be setting an example now a days there hiding behind excuses I.e I'll probably come back to train in March,summer soccer etc.."
You seem to know a lot of the so called problems with in the Marys, can you enlighten us some more? id say you are a Ardee man with that name. How is the board not poison? How do you know these lads dont want to train and play with their club but feel the cant for various reasons? Also i dont think its good for a club man to be airing the clubs dirty laundry in public on a forum. It might be acceptable in Syddan but i doubt it would be in Ardee

cameroosh (Louth) - Posts: 60 - 25/02/2019 13:30:55    2167984

Link

Replying To Southsider1:  "I stopped by the local derby between the Nick's and Wolfe tones seem to be a few new faces on both sides"
all home grown talent on both sides i believe. massive work on developing underage structures on both sides in the past few years. well done to both clubs. great to see them retaining their underage players

weehurler (Louth) - Posts: 9 - 25/02/2019 13:44:41    2167989

Link

Replying To cameroosh:  "You seem to know a lot of the so called problems with in the Marys, can you enlighten us some more? id say you are a Ardee man with that name. How is the board not poison? How do you know these lads dont want to train and play with their club but feel the cant for various reasons? Also i dont think its good for a club man to be airing the clubs dirty laundry in public on a forum. It might be acceptable in Syddan but i doubt it would be in Ardee"
Think you have the wrong man whoever your on about,where I hear my info from like anyone else at games as I go to alot in the county...oh and spell check my name wrong it's loyalblue19...

Loyalblue19 (Louth) - Posts: 11 - 25/02/2019 13:49:42    2167993

Link

Replying To Loyalblue19:  "Think you have the wrong man whoever your on about,where I hear my info from like anyone else at games as I go to alot in the county...oh and spell check my name wrong it's loyalblue19..."
Dont think i got your name wrong our fella. strange that two people got your name wrong on this post already. No need to change it now once you were caught out. Seem to know a lot of the goin ons in ardee for a only two games to gossip at so far this year, must have been serious crowds at both games to get your information

cameroosh (Louth) - Posts: 60 - 25/02/2019 15:59:55    2168056

Link

Replying To bennypoor:  "Yes he did player underage with the Mitchels cause I seen him play a number of times just like his 3 brothers did n his father played for the club for years there house is at the back of the pitch"
John Bingham never transferred from the mitchels to the Mary's so why do you say he played for the Mitchels? A few u-10 games yes but that's it.
The Binghams only moved to Ballybaile about 15 years ago and were living in Ardee before that.
Declan was involved with the Mitchels but played very little, that's correct.

croker16 (Louth) - Posts: 342 - 02/03/2019 22:54:31    2169554

Link

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/sport/368609/list-louth-gaa-clubs-receive-details-of-2019-transfers-successful-and-refused.html

gaaumpire (Louth) - Posts: 43 - 08/03/2019 14:18:56    2171089

Link

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/sport/368609/list-louth-gaa-clubs-receive-details-of-2019-transfers-successful-and-refused.html

All you boys in North Louth have seriously itchy feet??

joej (Louth) - Posts: 1509 - 08/03/2019 18:09:48    2171126

Link

Replying To joej:  "https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/sport/368609/list-louth-gaa-clubs-receive-details-of-2019-transfers-successful-and-refused.html

All you boys in North Louth have seriously itchy feet??"
A bit like yourself Joseph with the amount of clubs you played in Drawda. You started of with the Tones, then went to the Nicks, you had brief spells with the Blues and the Plunkett's before settling with the Rats.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12136 - 08/03/2019 19:49:03    2171139

Link

Absolute ridiculous the amount of transfers between the Mary's and Mitchell's they should just join up completely and be done with it it's crazy.One club should be only allowed maximum 3 transfers per season

lubuchaill (Louth) - Posts: 11 - 08/03/2019 20:11:26    2171142

Link

Well Ollie
No never played with the Blues or Plunks, too many eejits and no crack whatsoever.

joej (Louth) - Posts: 1509 - 08/03/2019 23:25:05    2171175

Link

Replying To joej:  "Well Ollie
No never played with the Blues or Plunks, too many eejits and no crack whatsoever."
Ah Joe sorry I thought you played with them clubs. Someone in the Bull is telling fibs about you.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12136 - 09/03/2019 11:45:02    2171221

Link

That ui a fair amount of transfer the Mitchells have received from the Mary's over the last two years but I think its more of a problem with the underage set up out in Ardee. Hopefully Mitchells, Seans etc could get their underage set up properly and continue to pull players into their club. The more strong clubs Louth have the better as opposed to a few elitists.

BluenYellow (Louth) - Posts: 103 - 11/03/2019 13:02:21    2171615

Link