Louth Forum

Championships 2A, 2B & 2C

(Oldest Posts First)

With the Senior, Intermediate and Junior championships taking a break next week its the turn of club's second teams.

Off the bat i am curious as to why it appears the martins have not entered a team into the 2A championship but have in the 2C?

annoyedplayer1 (Louth) - Posts: 7 - 08/08/2018 14:35:10    2130843

Link

Replying To annoyedplayer1:  "With the Senior, Intermediate and Junior championships taking a break next week its the turn of club's second teams.

Off the bat i am curious as to why it appears the martins have not entered a team into the 2A championship but have in the 2C?"
The Martins had two junior teams playing this year one in Div4 and one in Div6 so i can only assume thats it is their Div6 team who have entered the 2C Championship, Have to give them a lot of credit for having 3 teams facilitating adult football, great way to bring on young lads not many other tams in the county have that many lads with them so fair play!

Joey87 (Louth) - Posts: 41 - 08/08/2018 16:15:26    2130886

Link

Replying To annoyedplayer1:  "With the Senior, Intermediate and Junior championships taking a break next week its the turn of club's second teams.

Off the bat i am curious as to why it appears the martins have not entered a team into the 2A championship but have in the 2C?"
Yeah Naomh Martin has entered a team into the 2A & 2C c'ship its a big step but a lot of young lads looking for football & have to play at least 4 games as you get to play every team that's in it. The only downside is we can't play any minors because they play minor c'ship the next day.

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 145 - 08/08/2018 18:53:49    2130961

Link

Replying To TopDog(lu):  "Yeah Naomh Martin has entered a team into the 2A & 2C c'ship its a big step but a lot of young lads looking for football & have to play at least 4 games as you get to play every team that's in it. The only downside is we can't play any minors because they play minor c'ship the next day."
You don't appear on the fixture list for the 2A championship?

annoyedplayer1 (Louth) - Posts: 7 - 08/08/2018 20:06:58    2130989

Link

Replying To annoyedplayer1:  "You don't appear on the fixture list for the 2A championship?"
We got a by in first round & we play the winners of Cooley v Clans in Qf don't know why they don't put out the full list of teams that's in it.

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 145 - 08/08/2018 23:56:20    2131083

Link

Replying To annoyedplayer1:  "You don't appear on the fixture list for the 2A championship?"
Cooley v Clans winners v jocks
Gaels v Blues winners v Joe's
Brides v fechins winners v ???
Gers v Mary's winners v ???

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 145 - 09/08/2018 00:01:41    2131085

Link

Replying To TopDog(lu):  "Cooley v Clans winners v jocks
Gaels v Blues winners v Joe's
Brides v fechins winners v ???
Gers v Mary's winners v ???"
Winners of Bride v Fechins at home to Mattock.

Winners of Gers v Marys at home to Pats.

How did either Fechins or Marys, both last year's finalists, not get a bye when 4 others did?

Louth4Ham (Louth) - Posts: 35 - 11/08/2018 15:19:59    2131767

Link

Replying To Louth4Ham:  "Winners of Bride v Fechins at home to Mattock.

Winners of Gers v Marys at home to Pats.

How did either Fechins or Marys, both last year's finalists, not get a bye when 4 others did?"
That's the luck of the draw. You can't seed teams in it

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 145 - 11/08/2018 17:44:21    2131809

Link

This is the week most of the retired players return for their annual outing in the J2 championship

itslouth (Louth) - Posts: 178 - 13/08/2018 15:07:04    2132771

Link

When is the semi finals set for the junior A championship. Ardee surely favourites after clicking up 8 goals the other night

OurHeartyKid (Louth) - Posts: 2 - 22/08/2018 18:40:34    2135689

Link

Well BlueNyellow good win for the Tones last night looking forward to playing the Tones on Tuesday night. It's hard to judge the group some big wins followed by big defeats I suppose it's all on the night & who's available on a particular night. Hopefully the A&B c'ship can go into group stages next season.

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 145 - 31/08/2018 20:14:42    2138025

Link

Replying To TopDog(lu):  "Well BlueNyellow good win for the Tones last night looking forward to playing the Tones on Tuesday night. It's hard to judge the group some big wins followed by big defeats I suppose it's all on the night & who's available on a particular night. Hopefully the A&B c'ship can go into group stages next season."
Good game last night. The experience showed and the scores came easy for yous. Still proud of our young lads. Tough getting everyone together now with the foreign sport in full swing, still hopefully meet you's in the final.

BluenYellow (Louth) - Posts: 103 - 05/09/2018 15:21:54    2139518

Link

Replying To BluenYellow:  "Good game last night. The experience showed and the scores came easy for yous. Still proud of our young lads. Tough getting everyone together now with the foreign sport in full swing, still hopefully meet you's in the final."
Hopefully so you have a good chance v the Mitchell's but I see it's off on Sunday. We have 3 well experienced lads helping out our young guns on that team & it's a great mix.
I was talking to 1 lad over your team & he tells me the guy over your first team doesn't want to have a second team next season ?? That's shocking some good players who could get in first team hopefully they can keep the second team going it's important to have 1.

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 145 - 05/09/2018 19:15:07    2139614

Link

Replying To TopDog(lu):  "Hopefully so you have a good chance v the Mitchell's but I see it's off on Sunday. We have 3 well experienced lads helping out our young guns on that team & it's a great mix.
I was talking to 1 lad over your team & he tells me the guy over your first team doesn't want to have a second team next season ?? That's shocking some good players who could get in first team hopefully they can keep the second team going it's important to have 1."
Politics within a club can be awful. Not fully sure as to the ins and outs. I doubt he has final say, has to be the committees call. A lot of work went into the team this year, be an absolute shame.

BluenYellow (Louth) - Posts: 103 - 06/09/2018 07:37:44    2139711

Link

Great to see the 2A final with Ardee St Marys vs Dundalk Gaels before the JFC Final in Dowdallshill. Gives the competition the respect it deserves. Gaels would have to be the heavy favourites for that one.

Also good to see the 2c final taking place in Ardee before IFC semi with Mochtas vs Mattock. I'd Martin will take that one

Any word on 2b final yet?

mainevent (Louth) - Posts: 1 - 21/09/2018 14:22:58    2143166

Link