Louth Forum

Division 3 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To itslouth:  "Why was it called off the first time"
During the bad weather a while back...Pitch was unplayable like most at the time and so was refixed. Orginally supposed to play DYI tonight but they fixed them all for next week to allow teams catch up on any games..

paulo94 (Louth) - Posts: 127 - 19/06/2018 13:25:10    2113052

Link

Replying To paulo94:  "I just can't justify this at all. The gaels play lannleire tonight in there refixture.. at the weekend the county board changed the home game from omeath to darver and now it's fixed for the clans all because lannleire don't want to play on the small pitch. Now don't get me wrong the pitch is hardly ideal for any club but this nonsense has to stop.. it's a home fixture play it at home not have this darver and then clans and for the ccc to allow this to happen is ridiculous..."
Madness if you go by what you just said there Paulo could that be an end to home games for Cuchualin Gaels? Is the pitch not regulation size?

Is that why the original fixture didn't go ahead did Dunleer object to your pitch?

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 19/06/2018 13:42:57    2113058

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "Madness if you go by what you just said there Paulo could that be an end to home games for Cuchualin Gaels? Is the pitch not regulation size?

Is that why the original fixture didn't go ahead did Dunleer object to your pitch?"
Well the club have been working on a better pitch that is bigger than the one atm. It's above it which will come in use next year.. But regurds to this like as far as I'm aware no other club as complained about the pitch granted they may and not say anything I just can't justify the change to darver first up and then to the clans like if it is true that they won't play as it's too small whats the alternative what if a club says oh we don't wanna play on ur pitch as it's too big.. it's just a mess I suppose but sure look league is near over and championship will be a good break

paulo94 (Louth) - Posts: 127 - 19/06/2018 14:27:02    2113071

Link

Replying To paulo94:  "Well the club have been working on a better pitch that is bigger than the one atm. It's above it which will come in use next year.. But regurds to this like as far as I'm aware no other club as complained about the pitch granted they may and not say anything I just can't justify the change to darver first up and then to the clans like if it is true that they won't play as it's too small whats the alternative what if a club says oh we don't wanna play on ur pitch as it's too big.. it's just a mess I suppose but sure look league is near over and championship will be a good break"
was there about three years ago and it was very small then, i take it, its still the still the same. did dunleer object to playing there as i take it a lot of games have taken place there and did anyone else ever object. Also is the win rate there by visiting teams low?

itslouth (Louth) - Posts: 178 - 19/06/2018 14:43:52    2113080

Link

Replying To itslouth:  "was there about three years ago and it was very small then, i take it, its still the still the same. did dunleer object to playing there as i take it a lot of games have taken place there and did anyone else ever object. Also is the win rate there by visiting teams low?"
When the original fixture was fixed it was fine but now I'm not sure why they wanted to change it. If say there is a high % win rate for away teams if honest. From what I've seen a good team can easily kick score's from the 45 but the narrow space does atleast make it tight and competitive but the new pitch when it''s in Action next year will be bigger atleast

paulo94 (Louth) - Posts: 127 - 19/06/2018 15:43:06    2113103

Link

Replying To paulo94:  "When the original fixture was fixed it was fine but now I'm not sure why they wanted to change it. If say there is a high % win rate for away teams if honest. From what I've seen a good team can easily kick score's from the 45 but the narrow space does atleast make it tight and competitive but the new pitch when it''s in Action next year will be bigger atleast"
If it was fine for original fixture why did it not go ahead?

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 19/06/2018 16:23:28    2113124

Link

In all fairness the pitch in Omeath is extremely tight and short - even the sidelines where the subs/supporters stand to the ditch must max 1.5-2 metres. i'd say some lads would fancy their chances at a free from their own 50 yard line.

The results at home for Cu Chulainn would be much better than playing teams away from home as there is far less space. Would I object to playing there as you have no alternative pitch? Definitely not - Just get on with it. Maybe Dunleer think score difference will come into it and believe they have better chance of scoring more in a bigger field. The way the league is panning out - Young Irelands will be promoted on the head to heads and 2nd, 3rd and 4th will be Na Piarsaigh, Kevins then Dunleer. Looking like Roche being relegated straight down and glen emmets to playoffs (unless they can pull off wins v Kilkerley or Plunketts

Queen (Louth) - Posts: 58 - 19/06/2018 16:29:56    2113129

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "If it was fine for original fixture why did it not go ahead?"
The pitch was waterlogged as mentioned earlier.. and by that they had no issues to come and play on it or maybe they did.. this was a round 5 game originally so that was during the heavy rain and such.. so look not all pitches can hold the water so good as we know and again I ain't say in its great but I feel it's unfair to take home advantage of a club in this situation when atm the pitch is grand and sure it's daylight till 10 anyway

paulo94 (Louth) - Posts: 127 - 19/06/2018 16:30:25    2113131

Link

Replying To paulo94:  "The pitch was waterlogged as mentioned earlier.. and by that they had no issues to come and play on it or maybe they did.. this was a round 5 game originally so that was during the heavy rain and such.. so look not all pitches can hold the water so good as we know and again I ain't say in its great but I feel it's unfair to take home advantage of a club in this situation when atm the pitch is grand and sure it's daylight till 10 anyway"
Sorry didn't see it. Why was the game postponed and not played in Dunleer thought the new rule said that was how it works now?

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 19/06/2018 17:59:08    2113155

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "Sorry didn't see it. Why was the game postponed and not played in Dunleer thought the new rule said that was how it works now?"
I'm not sure tbh it was fixed for darver and then the clans second pitch last night. Which wasn't lined out or nothing. But I don't blame the clans.. look what happened is done but I don't agree with this takin home advantage away as a team basically complained about the size of a pitch it's the first time I've ever heard of this like bit of a joke. You wouldn't hear a team say oh we don't wanna play u. Your pitch is too big would ye

paulo94 (Louth) - Posts: 127 - 20/06/2018 10:10:12    2113288

Link

Replying To paulo94:  "I'm not sure tbh it was fixed for darver and then the clans second pitch last night. Which wasn't lined out or nothing. But I don't blame the clans.. look what happened is done but I don't agree with this takin home advantage away as a team basically complained about the size of a pitch it's the first time I've ever heard of this like bit of a joke. You wouldn't hear a team say oh we don't wanna play u. Your pitch is too big would ye"
Awh Paulo your a scamp. You were getting me nice and thick wondering how the ccc could make such a decision.
Then I talk to a Dunleer man tonight and he added a part to the story. He says the reason the first game didn't go ahead was the ref and Dunleer landed down to the beautiful Omeath for a 7.15 meedweek game to be greeted by yourselfs with no jerseys on and a water logged pitch and not so much as an sorry. According to him they have no problem playing in Omeath just felt yous could have gave them the heads up before lads took half days to get home and up to Omeath.
Looks to me both of ye are as bad as each other. No real scandle here at all.
Didnt know yous had a second pitch coming soon. Is it around the same location? Fair play to yous, great stuff.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 20/06/2018 22:56:47    2113467

Link

Getting very interesting from position 5 to 10 . And a lot of teams to play each other around there. Hard to tell who will come out on top . Wolfe tones are going to have a say. Westerns seans Tuesday night is gping to be box office stuff, I expect a few reds and a 1 point game either way.

jayjayc (Louth) - Posts: 22 - 22/06/2018 21:41:48    2113811

Link

Hell of a game played last night in the Tones, between them and the Mitchells. Draw a fair result. Looking forward to the championship now.

BluenYellow (Louth) - Posts: 103 - 06/07/2018 07:51:31    2119009

Link

Hell of a game played last night in the Tones, between them and the Mitchells. Draw a fair result. Looking forward to the championship now.

BluenYellow (Louth) - Posts: 103 - 06/07/2018 07:56:16    2119011

Link

Replying To BluenYellow:  "Hell of a game played last night in the Tones, between them and the Mitchells. Draw a fair result. Looking forward to the championship now."
Yeah, heard that..two teams you would hope get a decent run in the championship

louthclubplayer (Louth) - Posts: 33 - 06/07/2018 10:09:51    2119047

Link

Fairplay to the Kevin's and DYI on promotion this year

gaaumpire (Louth) - Posts: 43 - 08/09/2018 01:12:35    2140279

Link

Replying To gaaumpire:  "Fairplay to the Kevin's and DYI on promotion this year"
Kevin's are a team on the up. Although they are a fair bit from challenging at intermediate give them 3-4 years and they can challenge the Mocs and Hunterstown, fechins and the likes.

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 474 - 09/09/2018 20:09:35    2140539

Link

Replying To Frederick:  "Kevin's are a team on the up. Although they are a fair bit from challenging at intermediate give them 3-4 years and they can challenge the Mocs and Hunterstown, fechins and the likes."
Heard they were excellent on friday night...certainly one club that are on the up

itslouth (Louth) - Posts: 178 - 10/09/2018 14:58:43    2140752

Link