Louth Forum

Division 4,5,6

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Mattock, Hunterstown and John Mitchells came out on top in Div 4, 5 and 6 this year. Shocking number of conceded games throughout and especially in div 6.

Proud of my own club who fulfilled all their fixtures with the team only being together 2 years.

BluenYellow (Louth) - Posts: 103 - 08/08/2018 14:38:36    2130847

Link

Replying To BluenYellow:  "Mattock, Hunterstown and John Mitchells came out on top in Div 4, 5 and 6 this year. Shocking number of conceded games throughout and especially in div 6.

Proud of my own club who fulfilled all their fixtures with the team only being together 2 years."
Also very proud of our young guns who just missed out on top 4 spot but a lot learnt in there first year in adult football. Not sure how the Mitchell's get away with playing so many first team players in Div 6 & Probably won't get away with it next season there Div 6 team is almost identical to the Div 3 team??
I do think there's to many conceded games & if some teams can't field without 1 or 2 of best players they just don't bother for some teams it's all about winning & not trying to develop younger players. 1 team turned up to play us with 16 lads but said they only had 13 so we had to play 13 aside but then when players got injured they could bring subs on & we where not the only club they pulled this stunt off against. It's more important to get lads playing then winning games.

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 145 - 08/08/2018 19:14:56    2130971

Link

Replying To TopDog(lu):  "Also very proud of our young guns who just missed out on top 4 spot but a lot learnt in there first year in adult football. Not sure how the Mitchell's get away with playing so many first team players in Div 6 & Probably won't get away with it next season there Div 6 team is almost identical to the Div 3 team??
I do think there's to many conceded games & if some teams can't field without 1 or 2 of best players they just don't bother for some teams it's all about winning & not trying to develop younger players. 1 team turned up to play us with 16 lads but said they only had 13 so we had to play 13 aside but then when players got injured they could bring subs on & we where not the only club they pulled this stunt off against. It's more important to get lads playing then winning games."
Agreed TopDog some clubs need to change their mindset. Division 4/5&6 is about developing players. Shouldn't be win at all costs. I seen some good quality young lads and some more experienced gentlemen, let's say, show class is permanent. Especially from your own club. Was such as shame to see so many conceded games. I hope that the changes to the fines will adjust clubs priorities for next year. €800 is a big hit.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 09/08/2018 09:44:01    2131124

Link

Replying To TopDog(lu):  "Also very proud of our young guns who just missed out on top 4 spot but a lot learnt in there first year in adult football. Not sure how the Mitchell's get away with playing so many first team players in Div 6 & Probably won't get away with it next season there Div 6 team is almost identical to the Div 3 team??
I do think there's to many conceded games & if some teams can't field without 1 or 2 of best players they just don't bother for some teams it's all about winning & not trying to develop younger players. 1 team turned up to play us with 16 lads but said they only had 13 so we had to play 13 aside but then when players got injured they could bring subs on & we where not the only club they pulled this stunt off against. It's more important to get lads playing then winning games."
You're correct TopDog. Way more important to get lads playing football, the victories will come in time. We had the same approach for the season. In our last game we only played one player from our 1st team, mainly as an enforcer to protect our young lads.
You's had a good young team when we played you's, keep up the work and it'll eventually pay off in the end.
Mitchells didnt break any rules they had their top 12 and didn't use them. Hope you see now the frustrations 1st teams had having to play in these leagues.

BluenYellow (Louth) - Posts: 103 - 09/08/2018 09:48:59    2131125

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "Agreed TopDog some clubs need to change their mindset. Division 4/5&6 is about developing players. Shouldn't be win at all costs. I seen some good quality young lads and some more experienced gentlemen, let's say, show class is permanent. Especially from your own club. Was such as shame to see so many conceded games. I hope that the changes to the fines will adjust clubs priorities for next year. €800 is a big hit."
Maybe it is time to change it some way and have a development league..A good few teams are playing a lot of young players in 4,5 and 6

Nobody really cares who wins them leagues as it should be all about developing young players and have them ready for first teams

itslouth (Louth) - Posts: 178 - 09/08/2018 12:20:21    2131179

Link

Replying To itslouth:  "Maybe it is time to change it some way and have a development league..A good few teams are playing a lot of young players in 4,5 and 6

Nobody really cares who wins them leagues as it should be all about developing young players and have them ready for first teams"
Maybe the top 12 list could be increased to the starting 15 regulars in c'ship & maybe let a 17 year old lad play in Div 456 & ease him into adult football. But defo something that should be discussed.

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 145 - 09/08/2018 13:27:11    2131209

Link

Replying To TopDog(lu):  "Maybe the top 12 list could be increased to the starting 15 regulars in c'ship & maybe let a 17 year old lad play in Div 456 & ease him into adult football. But defo something that should be discussed."
I think top 12 is fine as long as its enforced correctly. Like maybe if a player not in top 12 has started the first 5 league games and a player in top 12 hasn't they should be automatically switched. I appreciate injuries might play a part here but if a lad is good enough to constantly start first team that's where his focus should lie.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 09/08/2018 15:06:00    2131241

Link

I heard that Naomh Martin opted to field a team in the 2C championship and no team in the 2A. If thats not win at all costs mentality I don't know what is.

S.M (Louth) - Posts: 88 - 09/08/2018 15:30:19    2131252

Link

Replying To S.M:  "I heard that Naomh Martin opted to field a team in the 2C championship and no team in the 2A. If thats not win at all costs mentality I don't know what is."
You heard wrong mate so get your facts right before you talk s##t. I think a lot of clubs seen what we done this year & admire it.

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 145 - 09/08/2018 17:24:38    2131286

Link

2C is not a championship. It is deemed a competition. 2A & 2B are deemed championships hence the different format for 2C. That's for another tread.
Well done to all respective teams who won 4,5 & 6. Mitchels had a really good mix of attacking youth and experienced backs and good luck to them as they went unbeaten and racked up some serious scores. Contrast that to their near neighbours Stavannon who actually withdrew from the division not even half way through. There's still promotions and delegations to be decided so the action is far from over.

Shearer (Louth) - Posts: 731 - 09/08/2018 19:22:59    2131318

Link

Replying To Shearer:  "2C is not a championship. It is deemed a competition. 2A & 2B are deemed championships hence the different format for 2C. That's for another tread.
Well done to all respective teams who won 4,5 & 6. Mitchels had a really good mix of attacking youth and experienced backs and good luck to them as they went unbeaten and racked up some serious scores. Contrast that to their near neighbours Stavannon who actually withdrew from the division not even half way through. There's still promotions and delegations to be decided so the action is far from over."
Any team would do well if they had there first team basically playing in Div6 they are only fooling themselves . It's great to see the Tones doing well & building a good squad it takes time & effort &-they are going the right way about . Anna rovers are not that bad but an aged team but I think they could compete in Div 3B if they wanted to give it a go. I wouldn't have much hope of the Sean's going anywhere they are struggling for numbers.

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 145 - 09/08/2018 20:46:54    2131334

Link

Replying To Shearer:  "2C is not a championship. It is deemed a competition. 2A & 2B are deemed championships hence the different format for 2C. That's for another tread.
Well done to all respective teams who won 4,5 & 6. Mitchels had a really good mix of attacking youth and experienced backs and good luck to them as they went unbeaten and racked up some serious scores. Contrast that to their near neighbours Stavannon who actually withdrew from the division not even half way through. There's still promotions and delegations to be decided so the action is far from over."
why would the mitchels want to play in the c competition, surly after winning all their games in Div 6 they would want to really test themselves against stronger teams, or is it all about winning a medal

itslouth (Louth) - Posts: 178 - 10/08/2018 11:54:28    2131501

Link

2C is c'ship but ran a different way because only 5 teams in it & u can't play players who have already played c'ship at higher levels so the Mitchell's will have a completely different team if they can field.

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 145 - 10/08/2018 15:09:47    2131560

Link

2C is a competition not a championship. Check the correspondence sent out from the CCC. Its not considered a championship even though players are graded the same. It was set up this way to encourage greater participation and have divisional representation.

Next year there may be the possibility of a group stage in 2A & 2B with promotion/relegation. All progress.

Going back to the leagues, the conceding teams need to be severely punished.

* Greater fines
* Sanctions on their first teams also

Shearer (Louth) - Posts: 731 - 11/08/2018 11:02:22    2131693

Link

See the Mitchels fielded and won again! great to see a team who hadn't got a second team 4 years ago go win a league and field in a second division championship for the first time in 10 years or more maybe pity some people on hear hate to see a small club doing well for its self

bennypoor (Louth) - Posts: 345 - 16/08/2018 14:40:34    2133856

Link

It's sad to see Div 4 semi final conceded & the 2 Div 5 play-off semis also conceded. Maybe it's time to stop the top 4 just go top 2 into the final or in Div 5&6 top team goes up & 2nd play 2nd from bottom in a play off. Football is just getting worse is it the club fault or the CCC for fixing these games for 4 o clock on a Saturday. What you lads think of it all. ??

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 145 - 19/08/2018 19:13:37    2134480

Link

That's where heavy sanctions need to be applied.

I do agree that it should return to a top 4 play off for the title as this will stop these concessions.

Shearer (Louth) - Posts: 731 - 20/08/2018 12:00:23    2134687

Link