Louth Forum

Division 1 League 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To OLLIE:  "The Rumour going around the Bull is that the Blues manager Ronan Philips wants to bring the Super Rats trio of Ruairi Moore, Ben Rogan and Barry Flanagan down to the Newfoundwell Road."
Haha I love it Ollie
Cooley bid massive bucks for Keenan years ago only for his clubs policy of not selling to a rival. Dreadnots persuit or r. Holdcroft has proved elusive despite then believing it was the missing link for landing Joe.
Come to think of it, What have the dreadnots being missing. Please don't say bottle as it's lazy. They obviously have a strong defence and I think p.kirwan is class, maybe slightly inconsistent but as inside forwards go he is top 5 in county . With Pepe as a link man for the intercounty squad let alone the club, just what is it they've being missing, a keeper?

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 474 - 04/08/2017 22:27:58    2029120

Link

Replying To Frederick:  "Haha I love it Ollie
Cooley bid massive bucks for Keenan years ago only for his clubs policy of not selling to a rival. Dreadnots persuit or r. Holdcroft has proved elusive despite then believing it was the missing link for landing Joe.
Come to think of it, What have the dreadnots being missing. Please don't say bottle as it's lazy. They obviously have a strong defence and I think p.kirwan is class, maybe slightly inconsistent but as inside forwards go he is top 5 in county . With Pepe as a link man for the intercounty squad let alone the club, just what is it they've being missing, a keeper?"
If I was to pick is say decent defence not great bar one or two. No midfield (weak link) good attackers but you need a great defence and midfield to sustain the attack. Look at the SOM lads. Sometimes they misfire fire up front but still win games, they're defence and midfield is rock solid. I watched the county final last year and I was so impressed with their defenders. From whtay I remember their defenders scored a bucket that day.that's what dreads are missing

GAAdundalk (Louth) - Posts: 482 - 04/08/2017 23:23:56    2029150

Link

Replying To Frederick:  "Haha I love it Ollie
Come to think of it, What have the dreadnots being missing. Please don't say bottle as it's lazy. They obviously have a strong defence and I think p.kirwan is class, maybe slightly inconsistent but as inside forwards go he is top 5 in county . With Pepe as a link man for the intercounty squad let alone the club, just what is it they've being missing, a keeper?"
Nope . They weren't good enough to beat The Pats in 2012 and 2014. In 2015 The Sean O'Mahonys took them apart in Haggardstown . Last year The Mary's beat them. Failure to perform on the big days in the last two seasons has cost them . What is failure to perform down to ?

Greengrass (Louth) - Posts: 5003 - 04/08/2017 23:54:08    2029153

Link

Replying To GAAdundalk:  "If I was to pick is say decent defence not great bar one or two. No midfield (weak link) good attackers but you need a great defence and midfield to sustain the attack. Look at the SOM lads. Sometimes they misfire fire up front but still win games, they're defence and midfield is rock solid. I watched the county final last year and I was so impressed with their defenders. From whtay I remember their defenders scored a bucket that day.that's what dreads are missing"
Yea it's just they have pops, who is county man marker, and Williams who is also very good. So it must be there 'fillers' as I call them that aren't up to it as the above two would get on any team in Louth.
Has the standard of forwards dropped in Louth?
Or is blanket defences on top ? But like who is the modern JP Rooney,Shane Lennon, Ollie mc donnell, Colin Kelly. These lads would put the fear into any defenders years ago(JP and shane obviously still v good, but past their prime)
Like top class forwards 21-25 years who will score heavily in next 7-8 years like above lads did.
Ross nally Sam mulroy are still young

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 474 - 05/08/2017 13:47:56    2029263

Link

Any particular reason why league games this weekend on at 7pm on Sunday evening ? Surely better to have them on Sunday morning and then all home and feet up in good time for Dub v Tyrone

Red2017 (Louth) - Posts: 95 - 24/08/2017 14:03:33    2037171

Link

I had wondered that myself.league games usually at 3 so obviously its the all Ireland semis that changes the time. If it were me id rather see an 11 am start as well but then isn't yer man McGregor fighting Saturday night at 3 or 4 am and a lot of people stay up for that.also I heard a few teams have got the game changed to Friday

GAAdundalk (Louth) - Posts: 482 - 24/08/2017 17:43:12    2037274

Link

Replying To GAAdundalk:  "I had wondered that myself.league games usually at 3 so obviously its the all Ireland semis that changes the time. If it were me id rather see an 11 am start as well but then isn't yer man McGregor fighting Saturday night at 3 or 4 am and a lot of people stay up for that.also I heard a few teams have got the game changed to Friday"
Watched the SOM v Cooley tonight and I'll tell ya what Cooley scored 1-17 against them. They are a shadow of last year and Gaels will surely beat them. All over the place. Cooley season is more or less over I expected a game.

GAAdundalk (Louth) - Posts: 482 - 26/08/2017 00:03:46    2037809

Link

Replying To GAAdundalk:  "Watched the SOM v Cooley tonight and I'll tell ya what Cooley scored 1-17 against them. They are a shadow of last year and Gaels will surely beat them. All over the place. Cooley season is more or less over I expected a game."
Cute hoorism at its finest.
sOM would have been missing a lot of players as they are for lots of league games. Besides look at league semi last year, dreadnots murdered them before they won the championship

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 474 - 26/08/2017 12:21:16    2037908

Link

Replying To Frederick:  "Cute hoorism at its finest.
sOM would have been missing a lot of players as they are for lots of league games. Besides look at league semi last year, dreadnots murdered them before they won the championship"
Mmm missing a few yes. JOBSER and big Crawley but that's a risky strategy. Although I did see a load of Gaels lads there so maybe ! What games are on tonight does anyone know if any?

GAAdundalk (Louth) - Posts: 482 - 26/08/2017 14:00:15    2037941

Link

Replying To GAAdundalk:  "Watched the SOM v Cooley tonight and I'll tell ya what Cooley scored 1-17 against them. They are a shadow of last year and Gaels will surely beat them. All over the place. Cooley season is more or less over I expected a game."
SOM haven't lost a c'ship game since the senior final 2015. They also reached the Leinster senior semi final last year.

After one drawn game, you're predicting an annihilation in the replay? You must be a top class journalist somewhere. It's not fair that you get to post with us amateurs in this forum!

blueone (Louth) - Posts: 50 - 28/08/2017 03:06:05    2039055

Link

Ollie your the stat man
Is top 4 sorted in div 1, without next weekend matches??
Dread 14
Mary's 13
Gaels 13
Jocks 12
Pats,cooley, mattock all 10 Pts
Jocks have beaten all of those on head 2 head
And Big score diff also?
Gaels looked in great shape last night again jocks
Huge win for blues also

Redzer_Brown (Louth) - Posts: 148 - 28/08/2017 13:33:33    2039312

Link

Replying To blueone:  "SOM haven't lost a c'ship game since the senior final 2015. They also reached the Leinster senior semi final last year.

After one drawn game, you're predicting an annihilation in the replay? You must be a top class journalist somewhere. It's not fair that you get to post with us amateurs in this forum!"
???journalist. What are ya on about man. I go to games, watch them, have opinions on how they go and that's about it. Seems to me like the O'Mahonys haven't performed all year, big score conceded at home when they are known for good defence. And Gaels have picked up serious momentum again a victory over Martins last night. So I'm no Joe Brolly or Pat Spillane or even a journalist just an average Joe !

GAAdundalk (Louth) - Posts: 482 - 28/08/2017 13:58:04    2039334

Link

Replying To Redzer_Brown:  "Ollie your the stat man
Is top 4 sorted in div 1, without next weekend matches??
Dread 14
Mary's 13
Gaels 13
Jocks 12
Pats,cooley, mattock all 10 Pts
Jocks have beaten all of those on head 2 head
And Big score diff also?
Gaels looked in great shape last night again jocks
Huge win for blues also"
Redzer the Dreads, Marys and Gaels are def through. There is an outside chance that the Jocks could be caught. Say the Jocks lose to Clans and the Pats beat Kilkerley by a big score and either or both Cooley and Mattock win. You would have three or four teams on the same points and it would go to score difference. The Jocks are the top scorers in the league so far. If I was a Jocks man I would worry about their defence. Only the bottom three teams in the league have conceded more than them.

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12109 - 28/08/2017 15:29:33    2039414

Link

Will be an interesting finish to the league ...... most fun could be at the bottom - depending on kilkerley, Blues and Gers results . At the other end I would reckon Martins will win and it will only be a matter of placings to determine who plays who in knock out stages. Interestingly Dreadnots have second highest score Just 1 less than martins and also have conceded the second lowest number of scores ..just 3 more than Gaels .

gaelgoir (Louth) - Posts: 239 - 28/08/2017 21:45:54    2039652

Link

If the Blues and Geraldine's both win the Clans and SOM could be drawn in to the relegation play off place. Every game on Saturday night will have an impact on either, home game in semi finals, last place in semi finals, relegation or relegation play off place. Every team has an interest. Good way to finish. Lots of texting between 7.00 and 8.15. Can anyone chance a weakened team this week ?

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1361 - 29/08/2017 00:28:17    2039750

Link

Yea great division lay out.
Dundalk Gael I do believe they are not as rigid as last year but they are a different animal in championship. It's curious as to why they always missing lads for league games though. Jobser probably rested more than anything I assume.

Yea looking at the fixtures I predict is blues to beat collon.
Gers to beat Cooley.
Kilkerley to beat pats.
Season ends for pats Saturday night.
Teams with stuff to play for against teams who don't really.

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 474 - 29/08/2017 02:37:37    2039776

Link

Big wins today for martins and Dreadnots, not sure what happened with the Gaels and Mary's but that's some beating. Maybe the Gaels are trying to replicate the o'Mahonys root from last year...,

Gicker01 (Louth) - Posts: 75 - 16/09/2017 18:03:30    2046474

Link

Big wins today for martins and Dreadnots, not sure what happened with the Gaels and Mary's but that's some beating. Maybe the Gaels are trying to replicate the o'Mahonys root from last year...,

Gicker01 (Louth) - Posts: 75 - 16/09/2017 18:28:58    2046479

Link

Dreadnots v Jock's.
C.O.D final. Good result for clothes.
Jocks were excellent again Mary's.

Redzer_Brown (Louth) - Posts: 148 - 16/09/2017 19:08:38    2046490

Link

Big win for Dreadnots against Gaels ..... should have been even bigger as they had a good goal disallowed ..... hard to see Gaels being championship contenders based on this performance .

gaelgoir (Louth) - Posts: 239 - 16/09/2017 19:48:50    2046507

Link