Leitrim Forum

Championship draws 2017

(Oldest Posts First)

Thats a seriously lopsided draw in the senior championship! Manor and Carrick will be the happiest with that draw , group 1 is going to be a hell of a dogfight. Think Allen Gaels are going to struggle on current form and i think it may be between Gortletteragh and Melvin Gaels for fourth and final place.

green.and.gold (Leitrim) - Posts: 338 - 24/04/2017 22:16:02    1982376

Link

should have at least seeded last years finalists or even semi finalists

nothing wrong with good hard football and tough games, looking at group 1 any 4 from 6 would make it through

i'd go mohill, willies, soh, kinlough in that order in the other group manor, marys, dromahair, bors

kiltubrid v ned final in intermediate? drumkeeran and glera the losing semi finalists

user.name (Leitrim) - Posts: 67 - 25/04/2017 09:46:24    1982438

Link

Replying To user.name:  "should have at least seeded last years finalists or even semi finalists

nothing wrong with good hard football and tough games, looking at group 1 any 4 from 6 would make it through

i'd go mohill, willies, soh, kinlough in that order in the other group manor, marys, dromahair, bors

kiltubrid v ned final in intermediate? drumkeeran and glera the losing semi finalists"
totally agree, outrageously lopsided draw, group 1 will be a minefield, teams will need 4 points to get out of the group, so the winners of gort and allen gaels will need to turn the formbook on its head and pull off a huge upset to progress, i dont see any team going through group 1 unbeaten so its all to play for. same applies to group 2, but teams that comes through group 1 should have a straight forward quarter final provided they avoid manor.

Intermediate should be competitive also. i know they are drawn together in group 1, so aughnasheelin and ballinaglera will come through the group and meet in the final in my opinion with the neds making the breakthrough.

junior is impossible to call giving no team knows who they have really until after senior/intermediate first round, nbut manor will be there or there abouts, aughavas were way ahead of everyone last year so its a much more level playing field this year.

journeyman11 (Leitrim) - Posts: 40 - 25/04/2017 11:40:25    1982489

Link

Replying To user.name:  "should have at least seeded last years finalists or even semi finalists

kiltubrid v ned final in intermediate? drumkeeran and glera the losing semi finalists"
Il go for the underdogs and back drumkeeran to do the job this year, last years final could be the best thing that ever happened to them if they learn from it

Fr.spodo_gamodo (Leitrim) - Posts: 184 - 25/04/2017 11:53:18    1982494

Link

Is there any other reason for this new structure other than gate receipts from having 37 championship games?

northernsoul (Leitrim) - Posts: 78 - 25/04/2017 19:52:58    1982649

Link

Rumour has it a few key Ballinamore players are heading on J1's this summer so they may struggle to get out of that tough group. I have a feeling some Allen Gaels players will be booking flights too after hearing the group they got!! Discipline is their main problem.

TaytoFoley (Leitrim) - Posts: 42 - 25/04/2017 21:59:09    1982693

Link

What a lopsided group! Should be interesting. Top 5 teams in the one group.

This format is set up for the bigger teams with strength in depth. Ballimamore second strimg bet annaduff at weekend. They will be very strong for this format. Whereas likes of willies and melvim gaels could struggle.

See Mohill soh willies and gort getting through. Mulligan supposedly gone for the summer! Manor to stroll other group.

Piratehooker (Leitrim) - Posts: 195 - 27/04/2017 19:04:26    1983220

Link

What a lopsided group! Should be interesting. Top 5 teams in the one group.

This format is set up for the bigger teams with strength in depth. Ballimamore second strimg bet annaduff at weekend. They will be very strong for this format. Whereas likes of willies and melvim gaels could struggle.

See Mohill soh willies and gort getting through. Mulligan supposedly gone for the summer! Manor to stroll other group.

Piratehooker (Leitrim) - Posts: 195 - 27/04/2017 19:15:25    1983222

Link

Replying To Piratehooker:  "What a lopsided group! Should be interesting. Top 5 teams in the one group.

See Mohill soh willies and gort getting through. Mulligan supposedly gone for the summer! Manor to stroll other group."
Mulligan gone for summer? Why??

green.and.gold (Leitrim) - Posts: 338 - 27/04/2017 22:16:02    1983241

Link

Without Mulligan the gaels will struggle in such a tough group. There will be too much pressure on young rooneys shoulders. Cant see them making through it. As for the ballinamore lads going, i wish you the best of luck in ur travels. I would do the same at that young age, especially as the inter county league is over and were not going anywhere in championship. Manorhamilton with a handy group, expect them to top that without challenge. Although i fear come quarter final stage the weaker games wont stand to them when they face the likes of Mohill and Aughawillian.

LENOVO (Australia) - Posts: 36 - 28/04/2017 17:44:55    1983395

Link

Replying To LENOVO:  "Without Mulligan the gaels will struggle in such a tough group. There will be too much pressure on young rooneys shoulders. Cant see them making through it. As for the ballinamore lads going, i wish you the best of luck in ur travels. I would do the same at that young age, especially as the inter county league is over and were not going anywhere in championship. Manorhamilton with a handy group, expect them to top that without challenge. Although i fear come quarter final stage the weaker games wont stand to them when they face the likes of Mohill and Aughawillian."
Hopefully Mulligan will be around come the Summer. I would say its all rumour now, but if true, If he's available for Leitrim he should equally be available for his club.

Buzzcagney62 (Leitrim) - Posts: 109 - 28/04/2017 19:07:14    1983400

Link