Ladies Forum

Awarding of points

(Oldest Posts First)

If a team cant play another team are tha points awarded to them. The reason I am asking is recently in the junior C ladies post-primary a team lost out on a playoff. In the interest of fair-play which is strongly promoted by ladies GAA, this team of young girls should have been given a fair chance. I am a parent of one of these girls and she loves football and cant understand how this can happen.

martina (Roscommon) - 11/02/2010 11:34:18    558335

Link

I find it hard to believe that something like this could happen when the ladies GAA want to encourage girls to play. Many girls play with their school and may not play with clubs and not allowing them the points from this other team may put them off playing altogether. I think it is a disgrace that they did not get the points. Something like this should be brought to a higher authority and I would like to know who would not give them the points..... We need more girls in the game so come on POWERS THAT BE and get your act together and award the points.

mary25 (Galway) - 12/02/2010 12:32:37    559478

Link

By asking questions I found that it was somebody in Mayo who decided that the girls should not get the points and it was because they did not play a game on time. With the floods and schools closed because of the snow it was difficult to play. As it was my daughters team played on a Monday and again on the following day so to say that these girls did not play on time is stupid as they fulfilled two fixtures in two days. They should be given a FAIR chance.

martina (Roscommon) - 12/02/2010 13:42:29    559571

Link

A sure what about it

mmmmmmmm (Galway) - 16/02/2010 13:46:12    562974

Link

What about, says mmmmmmm. A team has been done out of a play-off due to somebody taking it on themselves not to award them the points. I am sure if it was a lads team the rules would be different. What says you, mmmmmmm as I see you have a thought on everything?

martina (Roscommon) - 17/02/2010 19:44:06    564831

Link

I see a lot of people viewed this topic but nobody came up with an answer. Let the girls play in a play-off, maybe they will win maybe they wont. At least they will have been given a fair chance. Will this school enter a team next year? Probably not. A case like this should be brought before the relevent county board and disscussed. Hope the girls get a chance to play again. Good luck. I will keep watching this space.

mary25 (Galway) - 18/02/2010 21:40:32    566343

Link