Kerry Forum

Kerry minors

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Overlord:  "Congrats on the minor win. Question for yas and apologies if this was already answered - does clifford play senior for Fossa?
Which divisional team are they part of for county championship and are they still in it?"
David has played a few games at senior level for fossa and he plays with the east Kerry divisional team , which if you're in Tralee next Saturday you'll see him playing against kerins o'rahillys in the county quarterfinal.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 7174 - 17/09/2017 23:21:32    2047101

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "He did Kilflynn proud :D

In fairness they were all a credit to their clubs, I hope your right about the 2018 crop it speaks volumes of our underage structure. Surely our seniors in a couple of years will be a sight to behold!

On another note, what were Derry at not starting their No 17, he was a fine player and could have caused us big trouble if he started!"
He's a grand player the hermit, his name is Calum Browne and I think the Aussies have him in their sights as well.

And ya you're our boys have done us so proud, 4 in a row hogan cups and 4 in a row minor allirelands.

Hopefully Eamon will leave his fear at the door and start to trust in the youths.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 7174 - 17/09/2017 23:29:21    2047109

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "He's a grand player the hermit, his name is Calum Browne and I think the Aussies have him in their sights as well.

And ya you're our boys have done us so proud, 4 in a row hogan cups and 4 in a row minor allirelands.

Hopefully Eamon will leave his fear at the door and start to trust in the youths."
Tomás had a good angle on this you simply can't put 5 or six 19/20 year olds on a senior team together 1 as in Con. O Callaghan ont an established team of hardened stars he cited Tommy Walsh 2008/ 9 but with today's bulked up semi professionals it is a different story By all accounts David Clifford was gobbled up on Saturday in Senior 1/4 final all the nasty tricks employed against him by our own imagine his introduction to inter county Senio PhillMac et al will not have come into the parlour treatment waiting for him Patienc is required

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 386 - 26/09/2017 06:57:20    2050537

Link

Replying To 37sowhat:  "Tomás had a good angle on this you simply can't put 5 or six 19/20 year olds on a senior team together 1 as in Con. O Callaghan ont an established team of hardened stars he cited Tommy Walsh 2008/ 9 but with today's bulked up semi professionals it is a different story By all accounts David Clifford was gobbled up on Saturday in Senior 1/4 final all the nasty tricks employed against him by our own imagine his introduction to inter county Senio PhillMac et al will not have come into the parlour treatment waiting for him Patienc is required"
I agree 37 after seeing David on Saturday I'd say a year at U20s wouldn't be a bad thing for him at all.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 7174 - 26/09/2017 13:06:29    2050642

Link