When Crokes played Kilmacud in last years club championship
Daithi was the best player on the field for Crokes i was certain
he would be on the Kerry panel. Last sunday he was man of the match
whats the story his he good enough for the county at least he should
get a chance im looking from afar havent seen him pplay in the flesh
would like to get feedback from those who have seen him up close

wfkerry (USA) - Posts: 927 - 27/10/2013 17:14:54    1506528

Link

As has been said before him like a few of his Crokes team mates are very good forr Crokes because they fit into the Crokes system of play

moomoo (Kerry) - Posts: 4023 - 27/10/2013 18:33:33    1506557

Link

This was posted by me on the 9-Oct on a similar thread:

Ok granted they are great club players but they lack the step up for intercounty level, I have said before they play the Crokes "system" to perfection but take them out of that comfort zone and they cannot cut it at intercounty level. But for some reason that has always been the case think back over the years the amount of nearly men who star at club level with Crokes: Current players like O'Leary, Casey and Looney, over the past then there was Pat Shea, Noel O'Leary, Roland Neher.. All excellent with club but couldn't make that final step up to intercounty level….. I was however very impressed with fionn Fitzgerald… he has something… needs to beef up though but he has the makings..

I would give Daithi Casey Game time but the big problem is the time for Trials is the same time that Crokes will be in the middle of their all Ireland plans (hopefully) therefore it is hard to see him getting game time unless Crokes release him,.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4157 - 28/10/2013 15:18:38    1506760

Link

I think he's lacking something for Inter-County, can't quite put my finger on it. He just seems to drift in and out of games a bit, alomst a lack of interest or something. He has the skill and strength alright.

Cute_Kerry_Hoor (Kerry) - Posts: 2518 - 19/11/2013 10:46:02    1515131

Link

I had high hopes for him my self when he came on the scene a few years back, but ya he's lacking something alright.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9713 - 19/11/2013 21:13:27    1515515

Link