Kerry Forum

Cian O'Neill

(Oldest Posts First)

O'Neill has stated that he would love to take over at Kildare at some stage. He wont get a better opportunity than this. I reckon he will take the job if he is offered it. Kildare is his native county and you couldnt blame him for wanting to take it. Not sure who Kerry can turn to if he leaves. Donie Buckley is the obvious choice but he will not return until a few matters are ironed out first.

aidan64 (Kerry) - Posts: 544 - 06/09/2013 08:58:56    1476222

Link

Cian did a fine job with the boys this year Aidan but I'd love to see Buckley back with us.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9699 - 06/09/2013 09:59:56    1476262

Link

Lads in my opinion, there is not much to chose between Cian O'Neill and Donie Buckley; if you look that the Kerry Panel of players the movement and fitness witnessed above in Croker was unreal, older players like Tomás, Cooper and Marc had the reserves to withstand the gruelling 70 plus minutes of Football, take a player like Donnachadh Walsh, I genuinely feel that he has benefited considerably under the fitness program constructed by O'Neill. It is fair evident in his performances all year, the Cork, Cavan and Dublin games he was outstanding with regard to O'Neill I don't think he will go to Kildare: personally I feel at the moment that the vacant seat is a seriously poisoned chalice. But back to the main point I don't think there is much to choose between the 2, I think the main thing for Buckle is his knowledge of sport fitness and requirements in general, this means he possessed the ability to construct or adapt drills or reinvent them therefore getting the players mindset right with no repetition getting the full value of the drill, as a result every session is varied and different. However on what I have see this years so far I would stick with O'Neill.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4150 - 06/09/2013 11:13:44    1476348

Link

Ya I'd be happy with either of them really.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9699 - 06/09/2013 14:24:08    1476584

Link

Well Cian O'Neil is staying on for another year, I'm happy enough with that , it would be good if they could nail down the back room staff as early as possible and hopefully get some fresh ideas for next year.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9699 - 08/09/2013 13:58:39    1477484

Link