Kerry Forum

Ciarrai v Dubs

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

great game great atmosphere hard luck lads !!!!

dubbydave. (Dublin) - Posts: 3927 - 02/09/2013 21:04:52    1473575

Link

So Close! Having had time to think about it the overriding feeling i have is one of pride restored to the Kerry jersey despite losing,
I feel more confident about the future as a result of the younger members of the team and they can only get better. No more cotton wool over the squad anymore - let them play county championship in the future - games are the best way for players to hone their skills and also to stake a claim in the team/squad. There are plenty of YOUNG players around Kerry and I have no doubt we can pick up another couple of players IF we experiment during the league and judging by Fitzmaurice's bold team selection and faith in youth I feel confident this will be the approach taken by Kerry Management. Certainly there will be retirements and the relevant players will know that time stands still for no man and they owe Kerry nothing at this stage.
I have no doubt there will be a lot of soul searching over the winter months but Kerry have proven time and time again that they are well versed in learning from defeat and will regroup in time and come back all the better for it.
The League is where we need to introduce new faces.

traleeexile (Kerry) - Posts: 732 - 02/09/2013 21:21:43    1473601

Link

so what exactly is your point Jack L?

_________

His point is self explanatory.

Having said that, Its a point I don't agree with.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13502 - 03/09/2013 12:45:50    1473948

Link

Having had time to think about it the overriding feeling i have is one of pride restored to the Kerry jersey despite losing

When was the pride ever lost in that jersey in fairness ?

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13502 - 03/09/2013 12:46:34    1473951

Link

waynoI
County: Dublin

Having had time to think about it the overriding feeling i have is one of pride restored to the Kerry jersey despite losing

When was the pride ever lost in that jersey in fairness ?

fair comment Wayno - just felt it has been a while since I had seen that kind of commitment out of Kerry in a while to be honest.

traleeexile (Kerry) - Posts: 732 - 03/09/2013 21:18:47    1474550

Link

We won't get an explanation but what was the reason Donaghy came on at full forward ? We were losing at midfield winning with low ball to our forwards and
began to lob high balls into Star ! This was a tactic that has failed in the past - often and to our cost/loss. Bad thinking on the line. Why change if it ain't broke. Curtin or Geaney in full forward , Donaghy midfield was the correct move. Bad bad management.

Great effort by all who wore the green and gold last Sunday. Some did not step up to the mark but some surprised us greatly. No need to be despondent for
the future. All our youngsters are good and Sunday will have done them a world of good when they get over the disappointment.

Fair play to the Dubs - the best of luck to them in the Final.

Augustafield (Kerry) - Posts: 3 - 03/09/2013 21:28:31    1474557

Link

Horse it was funny for sure, people must have tought I was mad walking down o'connell street with my hands in the air saying Kerry are champions, il never forget the look on there faces :-)

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9716 - 03/09/2013 21:47:54    1474584

Link