Kerry Forum

Kerry V Cavan

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I'm not sure if we are the weakest of the 4 remaining counties but Mayo & Dublin look very strong alright. Hopefully, we'll have Maher and the others back for the semi which should improve things. Maybe we are overanalysing our performance, especially the 2nd half. I was impressed by Buckley & Moran. Hopefully all the lads will be injury free for Sep. Maybe we needed a wake up call?

kerry4ever (Kerry) - Posts: 22 - 05/08/2013 18:42:50    1453624

Link

have kerry ever been in a better position! they have won every game in the first half since gooch returned! they havent had to bring any intensity to any championship game yet! in the semis and somehow have managed to get the label as outsiders! kerry over the years have won all irelands vy knowing when to peak! dublin and mayo have been flying all year but where do they go from here! in my opinion if the dubs are not quick off the block kerry will be out of sight by half time

as_ky (Kerry) - Posts: 535 - 05/08/2013 19:17:24    1453677

Link

Were we that bad yesterday as all the talk and media suggest - even our own. Lets be respectful to Cavan. Monaghan beat Cavan by a point.
Look what Monaghan did to Donegal and one can say they were unlucky to lose to Tyrone on Saturday. So are Cavan far behind those teams ?
To my mind they are not so lets not be too critical of our performance. To win we had to adapt to a style we always struggle against but
while some of us may be down about the way we performed we are not out. At this stage of the All Ireland no match is a cakewalk (except if
a team is drawn against Mayo - ask Galway , London and Donegal ! ) but the Dubs style will suit us and don't think for a minute that Gooch ,
the O'Se's and the O'Sullivans believe the result against the Dubs is a foregone conclusion. And with David Moran back on song and James O'
Donoghue in the mix we do have a lot to look forward to. So lets face September 1st not with apprehension but confidence - these Kerry
players have given us great value and fun in the past and they are not finished just yet.

Mayo looked unbeatable yesterday but maybe too much is being written into their win over Donegal who are a pale shadow of last years team.
Donegal were flat slow and listless and whilst the spirit was there the fire and fight was missing. But Mayo are deserving favourites now.

Augustafield (Kerry) - Posts: 3 - 05/08/2013 19:41:57    1453712

Link

So what have we learned from the weekend? Not a lot really but the best thing is no one has, what has James Horan, Mikey Harte or Jim Galvin learned.. Nothing. We have progressed under the radar big time to a Semi Final, Dublin and Mayo both played a seriously weakened Kerry team in the League, Tyrone are the only team that may know something about us.

Sundays performance was latargic, so what; You can only play what is in front of us, Fitz was never aiming to peak last Sunday the panel will now start about 4-6 weeks of training involving serious intensity with ball sharpness will find us in better fettle for 1st September. The main positive is now we know that O'Donoghue has to start, Donaghy will remain an impact sub, We got 70 minutes into David Moran in Croker which is a massive massive bonus, Geaney got a good 20 minutes my only worry is Killian could struggle at 6 against the Dubs. Kilkenny may not be able for a physical marker. I'd move either Crowley to 6 or better still, leave the full back line intact from last week and put Aidan in as a direct replacement for Young. Kilkenny will not like either of these two physical options however the best of all is that Fitzmaurice has gone seriously under the radar to a semi with his cards very close to his chest even the subs used on Sunday revealed nothing. The dubs are good damn good and if they were not as selfish they'd have hammered Cork. A good start to silence the hill… could be a cracking game but the Dubs will still be favourites

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4160 - 06/08/2013 12:22:16    1454131

Link

Well said horse, and I agree with you about killian, he's not strong enough, do you reckon Tomas's legs will hold up against the dubs?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9715 - 06/08/2013 12:58:48    1454205

Link

Well lads, its finally here and as ye well know I have been saying all along how kerry have been coming along quiet as mice all year keeping below the radar! Ye will be going in as firm favourites now against Dublin with the strong tradition and 'indian sign' ye hold over us Dubs who are rarely a match for ye when it counts. Just one chink in yer armour maybe, I see a comment there on Crowley at 6, and all i can think of is the torrid time he had against Paddy Andrews in the league, it was boy against man stuff in that match up.

Who will ye fancy meeting in the final anyway? Its either the team of the last decade or the lads ye are well used to doing a demolition job on in finals? Either way, ye will all be very welcome to Dublin and I will be hosting the mots Corca Dhuibhne crowd at the gaff for a BBQ the evening before as usual and then off to the Corporate Box for the match!

We will run ye close lads and at the very least give ye the stern test ye need going into the final! Kerry by 4 pulling up!

Regards,

Snufalufagus....Laochra Gael

Snufalufagus (Dublin) - Posts: 8100 - 06/08/2013 13:04:10    1454209

Link

do you reckon Tomas's legs will hold up against the dubs?, 50 will do, then options off the bench will be either: Fionn Fitz, Young or Brosnan,

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4160 - 06/08/2013 13:12:36    1454221

Link

Its hard to tell horse, but I think you are right. Tomas's class will prevail and last for 50 until fresh legs are brought on to replace him and finish the clean sheet from that position!

Regards,

Snufalufagus (Dublin) - Posts: 8100 - 06/08/2013 14:07:34    1454282

Link

I think kerry were cute in what they done ,yea the played kinda like donegal and put in the tackles to match ,but we wearnt expecting that to be honest ,there was 2 -3 kerry men around our forwards and we didnt flood our defence too bad the kerry forwards always had loads of space ,I think we gave kerry a grat deal of respect and we were slightly afraid to play until the 2nd half ,and if we had to put a bit of pace in our attacks around the kerry 45 i think we would of got pleanty of frees too ,the handy frees kerry got at the start kinda put us out of it .but its all a learning curve for us i suppose .

bisto kid (Cavan) - Posts: 492 - 06/08/2013 20:07:57    1454761

Link

Snufalufagus
County: Dublin

Well lads, its finally here and as ye well know I have been saying all along how kerry have been coming along quiet as mice all year keeping below the radar! Ye will be going in as firm favourites now against Dublin with the strong tradition and 'indian sign' ye hold over us Dubs who are rarely a match for ye when it counts. Just one chink in yer armour maybe, I see a comment there on Crowley at 6, and all i can think of is the torrid time he had against Paddy Andrews in the league, it was boy against man stuff in that match up.

Who will ye fancy meeting in the final anyway? Its either the team of the last decade or the lads ye are well used to doing a demolition job on in finals? Either way, ye will all be very welcome to Dublin and I will be hosting the mots Corca Dhuibhne crowd at the gaff for a BBQ the evening before as usual and then off to the Corporate Box for the match!

We will run ye close lads and at the very least give ye the stern test ye need going into the final! Kerry by 4 pulling up!

Regards,

You've been saying all along? Funny only a few months ago you were telling us how they were over the hill and still relied on the same old players, why the change? Another case of you tipping Dublins rivals incase your wrong? Much like you were doing all of last year?

moomoo (Kerry) - Posts: 4023 - 06/08/2013 21:26:45    1454885

Link

Well moomoo, when I look at the likes of Tomas coming forward to score points it simply makes me think to myself that these guys may be old but they have the 'hunger' in the same way that I back Dublin hurlers to win LIAM based on nothing but having the 'hunger' alone!

Ye have SAM in the bag!
Enjoy!

Regards,

Snufalufagus (Dublin) - Posts: 8100 - 07/08/2013 10:32:25    1455066

Link

Snufalufagus

Well moomoo, when I look at the likes of Tomas coming forward to score points it simply makes me think to myself that these guys may be old but they have the 'hunger' in the same way that I back Dublin hurlers to win LIAM based on nothing but having the 'hunger' alone!

Ye have SAM in the bag!
Enjoy!

Regards,

Or is it a case of, as you would say yourself, getting the excuses in early? Or does that only count of other counties?

moomoo (Kerry) - Posts: 4023 - 07/08/2013 21:19:57    1456045

Link

moomoo,

Ol Snuffy doesnt do excuses....Im from Dublin, we are born to 'manly honesty' thats why everyone respects Dubliners for 'telling it like it is' and wearing our hearts on our sleeves and not being schleeveens!

I have already stated on another thread on the main board that Dublin will win the hurling no sweat.....so hows that for putting my hand out to be slapped by the likes of you eh?!.....no excuses there lad!

Football is a different matter....Kerry have it all and will hammer the young and inexperienced Dubs!

Regards,

Snufalufagus (Dublin) - Posts: 8100 - 08/08/2013 17:41:30    1456872

Link

Snuff, to drag you away from your love in with MooMoo.. What is the general opinion on Kilkenny, he is a fine gaa player I;m not knocking him in that far from it but he looks to me like a player that does not relish the physical aspects of our game, that inability was the main reason in my opinion that he opted out of OZ and not the Homesickness lark. Regardless of any situation surely one would at least give OZ a year esp. with so many Irish down there these days it is more or less a home away from home… am I hitting the spot or miles off course

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4160 - 09/08/2013 08:31:55    1457161

Link

Horsebox77,

I will be bluntly honest with you about Kilkennys return because this is the way it is with such things here in Dublin (and Im not being smart with you, but just want you to understand the Dubliners mindset here).

In CK wearing the Navy & Blue, Dublin have a very good and potent option fo the team!.....this much all agree on!

Once Dublin fans have him doing the above for them:
- They believe a mans choices in life are his own, once he's not harming anyone!
- They couldnt care less if he didnt like the physicality and made excuses about it instead!
- They couldnt care less if he denied himself a 'job' at playing professional sports in the sun!
- They couldnt care less if he is afraid of the dark!
- They couldnt care less if he cant add 2+2!

The point being, the man made a choice to come home for whatever reason (whether he told the exact reason or gave an excuse, folk dont care a fig - he has harmed nobody!!!), Dubs fans are just happy that such a talent has returned to the county!......and we'll take that at face value and be grateful for it!

Regards,

Snufalufagus (Dublin) - Posts: 8100 - 09/08/2013 10:25:54    1457221

Link

Snufalufagus

moomoo,

Ol Snuffy doesnt do excuses....Im from Dublin, we are born to 'manly honesty' thats why everyone respects Dubliners for 'telling it like it is' and wearing our hearts on our sleeves and not being schleeveens!

I have already stated on another thread on the main board that Dublin will win the hurling no sweat.....so hows that for putting my hand out to be slapped by the likes of you eh?!.....no excuses there lad!

Football is a different matter....Kerry have it all and will hammer the young and inexperienced Dubs!

Regards,

What about your classic ''Dublin will win 100% of all national titles'' only last year? Or do you forget that? of course you didnt have any excuses for that you just asked like you didnt say it, in fact once you realised it wasnt going to happen you started to tip the teams Dublin played, really wearing your heart on your sleeve...

moomoo (Kerry) - Posts: 4023 - 09/08/2013 11:52:02    1457307

Link