Kerry Forum

New Manageral Options

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To GeniusGerry:  "RTE website reporting it too, Keane with Maurice, Tommy Griffen and Buckley. If that is the setup then I think we will be in good hands in the coming years. Exciting times ahead, even though I do think our panel is limited in some areas and we may need at least another year or two to get back to the top table."
Really happy with what has transpired. It appears that the narrative coming from the media and other places that the County Board were looking to impose certain people on any new manager was fiction.
Keane, Maurice, Tommy Griffen and Buckley what an exciting mix of potential and proven ability.
I think it is a masterstroke, it will be a long time before any of us 'animals' can be calling for their heads because they are probably the best of what's out there all together in one package.
It will be interesting to see who will be the fourth person ratified to Keane's team on Monday, the independent are reporting it will be a S&C coach as Joe O'Connor has stepped down from the role. I didn't actually realise this but it did look like he was spreading himself too thin what with also working with the Limerick hurlers.

Please goodness Monday is a date that will go down in Kerry GAA history, the day we put in place a group who lead the Kingdom to down the 5 in a row chasing Dubs and start a new era of Kerry domination!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5135 - 05/10/2018 13:54:47    2145281

Link

Ok it's taken so as gospel that Pk, it's Tommy, Mossie and by all county Donie Buckley - ok there is space for one with many other name being touted.

This still leaves a vacancy at minor level - any opinions who should take this role, and by god is it some act to follow after Jack and Peter. Personally I think it is a role that should be seen as a stepping stone for both players and possible coaches. Ok so what name should be considered: John Galvin, Gary McGrath, Tomas Hanafin, i keep forgetting his name the Brosna man over the juniors, John Connell, Liam Brosnan, Brendan Whelan, Harry O'Neill there is the new breed finding their feet, the Michael Quirke's, Declan Sullivan and one man making serious strides is Sean O'Sullivan. Seamus is heavily involved in Fossa. Do we try coax the likes of John Evans etc back into the fold. Many names are being touted . But hi some serious acts to follow.

I think Sean Bàn could be worth a look at some capacity ... I know I keep mentioning his name but again I have time for Stephen Stack.

Who do ye think should be next minor coach

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4256 - 05/10/2018 23:26:58    2145326

Link

Well the wait is nearly over - does anyone know are all names being ratified tonight

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4256 - 08/10/2018 19:36:23    2145661

Link

Well as expected - very happy with the selection, don't know much about Foley can any of ye enlighten me?

Either way best of luck to him now and let's get behind him.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4256 - 08/10/2018 21:04:05    2145677

Link

It's a new day, it's a new dawn for Kerry football, and we're feeling good! The right man has the job and the future is bright. Congratulations to Peter Keane and his management team of Tommy Griffin, Maurice Fitzgerald, James Foley and Donie Buckley. Best of luck lads!

Kingdomson (Kerry) - Posts: 234 - 08/10/2018 21:57:50    2145685

Link

Yeah Horse, all I know about Foley is that he was a selector with Keane over the last three years at minor.
Look I think the team selected tonight is a combination of the best that is out there so no-one can be too unhappy.
We're going to have a real air of freshness and positivity now as we start 2019 and hopefully that momentum grows and grows and we have Sam back where he belongs before too long.
The past decade has been very poor by Kerry's exalted standards, hopefully the next ten years are another golden era :D

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5135 - 09/10/2018 09:31:29    2145726

Link

I'm delighted with our new manager and management team, I look at it and I see positivity unlike our previous manager who was extremely negative in his approach.

I think we'll see our team playing to our strengths now and playing a more attractive attacking game, I also think we'll see trust being placed in our younger players and no more gombeenism, no more begging injured players to stay on and giving fellas the choice to stay on and I hope to see a few more journey men cut lose from the panel .

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9985 - 09/10/2018 12:08:02    2145761

Link

I was just wondering what stance will our new coaching staff take on open sessions, ok granted the majority will be and should be behind closed doors but hope that Few sessions every 5 or 6 weeks is open to the public.

I wonder was it mentioned on the criteria in selection

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4256 - 10/10/2018 19:52:41    2145991

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "I was just wondering what stance will our new coaching staff take on open sessions, ok granted the majority will be and should be behind closed doors but hope that Few sessions every 5 or 6 weeks is open to the public.

I wonder was it mentioned on the criteria in selection"
I'd say we'll get a few alright horse, it's important to reconnect the team to the fans again.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9985 - 10/10/2018 22:33:12    2146007

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "I was just wondering what stance will our new coaching staff take on open sessions, ok granted the majority will be and should be behind closed doors but hope that Few sessions every 5 or 6 weeks is open to the public.

I wonder was it mentioned on the criteria in selection"
Yeah if the CB aren't aware of the depth of feeling out there among the supporters on this issue then you'd be very worried.
It was surely mentioned at some point in all this, so hopefully we will see some open sessions. For any team it's important to have that strong connection with the supporters and it's been missing in the last couple of years.

Any thoughts who might come in as minor manager now and do ye think Jack will stay with the U-20's.
Apparently decision on minor position will be made in November.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5135 - 10/10/2018 23:23:03    2146012

Link

Posted thisz few pages back:

This still leaves a vacancy at minor level - any opinions who should take this role, and by god is it some act to follow after Jack and Peter. Personally I think it is a role that should be seen as a stepping stone for both players and possible coaches. Ok so what name should be considered: John Galvin, Gary McGrath, Tomas Hanafin, i keep forgetting his name the Brosna man over the juniors, John Connell, Liam Brosnan, Brendan Whelan, Harry O'Neill there is the new breed finding their feet, the Michael Quirke's, Declan Sullivan and one man making serious strides is Sean O'Sullivan. Seamus is heavily involved in Fossa. Do we try coax the likes of John Evans etc back into the fold. Many names are being touted . But hi some serious acts to follow.

I think Sean Bàn could be worth a look at some capacity ... I know I keep mentioning his name but again I have time for Stephen Stack.

I've been very impressed with Paul Galvin's man management style on the underdogs

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4256 - 11/10/2018 11:43:52    2146057

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Posted thisz few pages back:

I've been very impressed with Paul Galvin's man management style on the underdogs"
looking forward to watching it and him again tonight, I hear they're taking on the mighty Dubs, tough ask. No need for the English subtitles there though :D

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5135 - 11/10/2018 15:20:13    2146093

Link

Some morning for kicking ball

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4256 - 12/10/2018 07:53:09    2146166

Link