Kerry Forum

Championship 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To TheHermit:  "Interesting appointment of referee for the football final, eh Kingdomboy ;D"
I was thinking the same thing my self the hermit, il tell you I was dicey about watching the senior final as it was but now by and by I'm gonna give that guaranteed train wreck a wide berth :-0

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 7842 - 05/09/2017 01:35:29    2042847

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "The hermit if the rossies bring the the thunder that they brought to the Connacht final then they can rattle what might be a battle weary Mayo team,
But having seen Mayo up close again last Saturday I think they'll be away too physical for Roscommon.

Don't let Corks come back the last day fool you coz Mayo thought they were home and hosed 10 mins into the second half and went to sleep on the field and then rochford subbed a lot of his best players and they nearly got caught.

I think Mayo will be very happy to fall over the line again on Sunday and people will continue to write them off and they will coming in primed and ready for a semifinal.

Imo Mayo are as good if not better than 2014."
Prediction of the year perhaps? Some comment in hindsight!

GameOfTyrones (Tyrone) - Posts: 461 - 06/09/2017 20:20:52    2043619

Link

Replying To GameOfTyrones:  "Prediction of the year perhaps? Some comment in hindsight!"
Sound gameoftyrones,
I got to see Mayo 5 times this year in our league game and Mayo v cork in limerick Mayo v Roscommon the drawn game and mayo v ourselves in the semifinal draw and replay .

They are very good but whether or not they're good enough to beat the dubs I don't know.

We were brutal and we still managed to score 2:14 and 0:17 against them which makes me worry for them.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 7842 - 06/09/2017 22:42:50    2043675

Link

Well lads so it's Mayo and Dublin again

Who do ye think will win?

And which would ye rather see win?

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 4064 - 14/09/2017 15:02:53    2045992

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Well lads so it's Mayo and Dublin again

Who do ye think will win?

And which would ye rather see win?"
I won't even waste my time watching it the hermit, il walk away up the mountain for a few hours with my iPod and listen to some tunes.

I'd like to see Mayo win but they won't.

The dubs will win by 6/7 IMO.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 7842 - 14/09/2017 15:31:24    2046003

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I won't even waste my time watching it the hermit, il walk away up the mountain for a few hours with my iPod and listen to some tunes.

I'd like to see Mayo win but they won't.

The dubs will win by 6/7 IMO."
Kind of went off Mayo, disappointed with attitude of their supporters I wish them well but it is Dublin by at least 4 for me . I am worried by the hype surrounding David Clifford lots of pressure on his young shoulders There are other good players on this Kerry minor team Derry are also there on merit and won't just roll over What do you think of Mayo releasing plans fo victory parade The did that in 1997 and are still waiting!

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 412 - 14/09/2017 17:39:51    2046050

Link

Replying To 37sowhat:  "Kind of went off Mayo, disappointed with attitude of their supporters I wish them well but it is Dublin by at least 4 for me . I am worried by the hype surrounding David Clifford lots of pressure on his young shoulders There are other good players on this Kerry minor team Derry are also there on merit and won't just roll over What do you think of Mayo releasing plans fo victory parade The did that in 1997 and are still waiting!"
I don't think it's a bad thing to have the plans in place just in case 37, I suppose it's better have them and not need them than need them and not have them.

Ya Dave is going to be under a lot of scrutiny on and off the field for sure but he's an intelligent guy and if the opposition switches of for one second he'll destroy them.

The team did very well when David went off against Clare in the Munster final scoring 2:03 in 10 mins.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 7842 - 14/09/2017 19:37:28    2046090

Link

Yes all the pressure is on our young lads Sunday for sure and on Clifford more than any! Derry are going into this match as complete underdogs but after watching them against Dublin they will be a right handful and probably the biggest test this Kerry side have faced all year. These Kerry lads are looking to achieve something never done before and that has had to have seeped into their young heads over the last few weeks.

I hope they can manage it, it would be a huge achievement and another amazing thread to weave into our unique footballing history.

As for the seniors, I suppose if I had to choose I'd go with Mayo. I honestly don't think this Dublin team is as good as our great side of the 2000's and for me it would be a travesty if they managed to do a 3 in a row, while that Kerry side didn't.

They are of course a brilliant side with some wonderful players but I think honestly they are very lucky to have emerged at a time when the standard is pretty poor nationally. They are up against the worst Kerry team of the past 25 years and another county that have not managed an All-Ireland in 60 odd years. The rest are a bunch of also-rans these past 3 years!
Add in the fact that they are as close to professional as we have ever seen and well that gives them the extra few percent they need to get over the line every time. I would love to have seen the Kerry or Tyrone of 10 years ago tear into them if they had had access to the set-up and background support Dublin now enjoy.

Maybe I'm just bitter that someone else are top dogs at the moment, or maybe it's an accurate enough summation. Most likely the truth is somewhere in the middle like most things in life.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 4064 - 14/09/2017 23:13:09    2046121

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Yes all the pressure is on our young lads Sunday for sure and on Clifford more than any! Derry are going into this match as complete underdogs but after watching them against Dublin they will be a right handful and probably the biggest test this Kerry side have faced all year. These Kerry lads are looking to achieve something never done before and that has had to have seeped into their young heads over the last few weeks.

I hope they can manage it, it would be a huge achievement and another amazing thread to weave into our unique footballing history.

As for the seniors, I suppose if I had to choose I'd go with Mayo. I honestly don't think this Dublin team is as good as our great side of the 2000's and for me it would be a travesty if they managed to do a 3 in a row, while that Kerry side didn't.

They are of course a brilliant side with some wonderful players but I think honestly they are very lucky to have emerged at a time when the standard is pretty poor nationally. They are up against the worst Kerry team of the past 25 years and another county that have not managed an All-Ireland in 60 odd years. The rest are a bunch of also-rans these past 3 years!
Add in the fact that they are as close to professional as we have ever seen and well that gives them the extra few percent they need to get over the line every time. I would love to have seen the Kerry or Tyrone of 10 years ago tear into them if they had had access to the set-up and background support Dublin now enjoy.

Maybe I'm just bitter that someone else are top dogs at the moment, or maybe it's an accurate enough summation. Most likely the truth is somewhere in the middle like most things in life."
The dubs are totally pro from April to September the hermit.

As for our minors I'd be worried enough to be honest, I've watched highlights of Derry v Cavan and Sligo and the full game between them selves and the dubs twice and they're a big physical team and all fine footballers as well, like I say I'm worried enough about this game.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 7842 - 15/09/2017 13:53:31    2046233

Link