National Forum

Popular Posts from royaldunne

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

No Palestinian Flags - 10 Like(s)
I'm getting sick to death of the Palestinian flags been brought to gaa games. I don't care if you agree with it or not. Gaa is not the place for displaying political messages, particularly not from another region (that has questionable human rights issues of its own people) . I'm not pro Israel either. I just want to go to a game and the only flags that should be allowed are those of the counties participating. David gaugh wasn't allowed to wear a bracelet, micky harte got hell over his stance on referendum. I ask all stewards to confiscate these flags on entrance or immediately when spotted. The gaa is not here for anyone's political views. Join a political party and stop going to games if that's all you go for.

royaldunne (National) - 18/06/2018 18:37:52

Meath V Tyrone - 10 Like(s)

Replying To RoylerKing:  "Haha I needed that laugh Dec fair play to you. You're better off sticking to the karate in good old Westmeath"
So you follow me on Twitter? Good man, I'm extremely proud of my daughter winning the u12 midlands karate comp on Sunday. As any father would. Btw it's Declan not Dec, that's just for Twitter. Do u think that cause u lurk on my Twitter that it annoys me?? Far from it. I couldn't give a rats behind. 90% of people on here , know who I am. Went to school with couple of them, went out to school Even with a couple of them.

royaldunne (Meath) - 13/06/2018 17:13:16

Tipperary and Galway "fans" - 8 Like(s)

Replying To Rayo:  "I bet the Galway Fans who did arrive early wished they had stayed in the bar.......................not only the worst Galway minor team ive ever seen, probably the worst Minor team from any county to ever take the field in croke park. Shocking stuff."
Very bad form to speak of children (yes children as they all u18) in those terms. Cop yourself on, I have given out more than most about senior players from every county. However in my life I have never said a disrespectful word about a underage player. Kids are off limits regardless if they lose by 100 points. Pity we all weren't so perfect as yourself when we were 16/17. Disgraceful behaviour

royaldunne (National) - 14/08/2016 16:28:59

A plea to Parnell Park - 7 Like(s)
We are only a week away from Leinster championship meeting of Meath and Louth, and majority of people who went to this venue last year have bad memories of the venue, now maybe staff were caught on the hop and didn't expect a sell out (actually probably over sold) but this year there can be no excuses, I genuinely feared for the younger member of my family safety as pushing and shoving while waiting for gates to open became very dangerous, I put my then 9 yo daughter in front of me with a Louth man saying he would try to keep the front from pushing back as i tried to lean back to stop any shove forward, all this while stewards put up signs saying they would not open gates until x time, there was unreserved seating and the Qs were getting bigger as everyone tried to push to front to get a better seat in stand,. The clubhouse was packed I had arrived somewhat early and tried to get a drink (non alcoholic) after waiting unsuccessfully for 20 minutes I left and looked at the bewildered family who were having a christening in clubhouse been taken over by quite loud and excited Meath and Louth men. Once inside the shop ran out of everything including water, on a hot day this was particularly bad for children. So PP you know what's coming, this game is already nearly a sell out, be prepared. 1. Open gates early , at least 90 minutes before throw in. 2. Do not have a function in club on that afternoon. 3 . Please ensure basic water supplies at venue, (go to cash and carry) The last 2 are more for people having function and for children attending match. 4. Double the amount of stewards. I have never worried for the safety of my children at a match (bar 10 when some idiots tried to get a rise) what makes the GAA great is the family day out aspect, the kids embarrassment at their dads childishness (well mine anyway) but the want to go to a match is always there. I only say this as I have my 5 tickets for this game bought , my now 10yo daughter for first time in 4 years doesn't want to go, the same girl who went with me to newry on a terrible night , and is like my mascot she goes to every game I go to, cause she is worried about last year and same thing happening again. I have told her it wont and they will be better organized this Time. Please Parnell Park make this a enjoyable and safe day for all attending. This post is not intended in anyway as a slight on Dublin GAA or the officials at Parnell park, this is a plea to just have this event better organized, no one wants someone to be hurt or severely injured at a football. Crushing at sporting events should never have the possibilities to happen. Thank you admin for putting up this post.

royaldunne (National) - 27/05/2017 12:28:44

Meath V Cork - 7 Like(s)

Replying To daytona11:  "Id agree furlong re the manager. If the players arent there what can be done? If the players are not or cannot compete at u16 minor and 20's its futile to expect them to produce the goods when they turn senior. In Kildare we have put and emphasis on developing our underage structures and this is slowly begining to pay off. Meath really need to do the same. Thats where things need to change. It'll take 10 years. Andy McEntee cannot make a silk purse from a sows ear. We havent won yet in div1 and will be relegated. We have given Tyrone Monaghan and Donegal a real rattle. But lads i wouldnt take 1 Meath player at the moment."
That's refreshing. Kildare not taking a player from another county. Well at least that's a move in the right direction.

royaldunne (Meath) - 11/03/2018 20:45:24

A plea to Parnell Park - 7 Like(s)

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Hahahahahahaha All this from a Meath man who regularly visits the dinosaur that is pairc tailteann. seriously you should have been at the Dublin club final between plunketts and vincents couple years ago that was Parnell park packed to the rafters literally standing in the stand no room on the path at side terrace yet nobody had any problems it went off smoothly. Didn't realise the meathers were that soft these days, make sure you bring the hand sanitizer the bars might not be swept since Louth v Wicklow haha oh maybe an idea bring a bottle of water with you before you go the ground haha come on man Parnell is similiar to most county grounds of its size. Louth and Meath both have run down grounds for home venues surely of all counties ye shouldn't be overly fussed at facilities at this stage."
While I have often disagreed with you in many things, to laugh at children's safety at a football match is quite pathetic and beneath most GAA people, I'm disappointed in you hill. As for PT, absolutely shocking facilities, but none of them endanger patrons. I will not respond to anything else you wrote as I find it petty tribalism, and nothing to do with the main issue of having gates open to avoid crushing ala Hillsborough, particularly for young children (girls in this instance) ill bid you good day and have a think on that.

royaldunne (National) - 27/05/2017 14:39:24

Kildare V Mayo - 6 Like(s)
Well done Kildare. Ye took the bs from the columnist today. (Ose again embarrassing himself with his lack of knowledge outside of Kerry) Delighted for you. And I don't say that often lol. Lillywhite1 my old friend, I couldn't be happier for you. This day has been a long time coming. Finally Kildare have arrived.

royaldunne (National) - 30/06/2018 20:59:46

Dunphy on the Dubs - 6 Like(s)
Personal story from Monday. As some of you will know I have a baby son born very premature, but doing well , and he attends crumlin on a regular basis , by chance he has had appointments on both Monday after the 2 all ire. We were heading to hoops, when out of a ward came Micheal fitzsimons and McCarthy with Sam maguire, herself been originally a dub (I know I can't get over that I married one either ) lol just kidding hon :) Anyways they gladly took a photo with herself Sam and our son, two nicer guys you couldn't hope to meet, I naturally shook their hands and congratulate both , I had a bit of banter with Micheal telling him that my boy would lift Sam one day FOR MEATH. Again I don't know many of the team but if these 2 lads are anything to go by, then Eamonn is talking out of his rear end.

royaldunne (National) - 23/09/2017 20:12:09

Pat Spillane - "Dubs Can Be Rattled" - 6 Like(s)

Replying To jimbodub:  "Fair play to you Pat there's a few that could do well to listen to you! Any top team with their crap together can and have rattled this Dublin team across this decade. They've also done more than rattle Dublin.. but they've convincingly beaten them! It's been hugely competitive stuff. Some of the most incredible games you're ever likely to witness. Just think back.. think of the classic games witnessed across this decade. No cake walk All Ireland's this decade! It's a pity that hasn't been adequately recognised by a sort of oddly self serving revisionism which doesn't tally up with the games themselves.. but there's an agenda there and there's a lot being conveniently forgotten about to serve it. Which again is a pity. It should be about more than that. The doom and gloomers will have you believe Dublin are almost invisible! Utter rubbish. Daft. The stats are there in black and white and Mr Spillane is spot on in this regard and this decade will continue to be hugely competitive across 2018. Just like every other Football championship across this decade. It's already been proven across NFL Div 1 2018 and Pat.. you'll be proven right across the Championship 2018."
Ahh will you stop with this nonsense please. , take the game as a whole. Look wouldn't surprise me if Dublin lost two games and still won it. Regardless of what you or pat Healy Rae Spillane says, Dublin have all the advantages plus players of extreme high quality and are a professional outfit in a amateur game , until other counties are treated the same way we won't see a change, now I know been a dub you have to come up with this yarra stuff to try and deflect away from what the gaa have created. I think even at this stage some dubs would prefer them not to win it this year, as it would take the gaze off them and the total lobsided situation that the gaa have created, but you can't create a monster then moan cause it's doing it's job. Only naivety or stupidity can stop Dublin winning again (not saying one or both won't happen) but please leave out the wishful thinking of a long ago player who is dreading that Dublin do what seamus Darby stopped them from doing.

royaldunne (National) - 08/04/2018 20:01:49

Dublin v Tyrone Semi-Final - 6 Like(s)
Btw all the shyte thrown at David coldrick by some Tyrone fans . They can stick it where sun don't shine . Should have been a straight red but David gave you a break. Now say thank you to the Meath man

royaldunne (National) - 27/08/2017 17:24:37

Roscommon v Meath - 5 Like(s)

Replying To oakleafersir:  "Why not, it opens discussion and it is to go and give your view and prediction on the game. I think it will be a good game and hoping for Meath win after this stubborn comment. Respectfully going for a Roscommon win though as one person from Roscommon is not going to change my mind. Roscommon 2+"
I don't think it's the thread he has issues with. More so the poster of the thread.

royaldunne (National) - 20/01/2018 20:19:42

Congratulations Dublin! - 5 Like(s)
Indeed, very well deserved. Forget about population funding or whatever, that is the best team I have ever seen. Well done.

royaldunne (National) - 02/09/2018 18:26:51

Changes to the forum - 5 Like(s)
Yeah 24 hr posting is great idea, only problem is try to not send a post at 2am with a skinfull in you and munching on a kebab, trust me it can lead to nothing good

royaldunne (National) - 02/06/2016 18:55:28

Mayo fans - 5 Like(s)

Replying To gotmilk:  "Why do Mayo fans boo everything? They boo any decision that goes against them no matter how obvious it is. Fermanagh, Kildare and now Tyrone game i've noticed this. Is it the bandwagon fans that come at championship time or why does this happen? It's not nice to see."
Id be more worried about the sledging by Tyrone players, mayo are reacting , and while I wouldn't be his biggest fan, and he also partakes , but the treatment of Aidan ose in this game has been shocking.

royaldunne (National) - 06/08/2016 16:49:21

Dublin bullying of media... - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Kerry_NYC:  ""I can now reveal that this is not the first time the Dublin management team has tried to influence the narrative on the Sunday Game when one of their players was the subject of a discussion on the programme.

A member of the team management once texted a panellist on the programme warning that if an issue was dealt with in a certain way it would have an impact on the team's relationship with the programme. It was a definite 'shot across the bow'."

The above statement from Pat Spillanes' recent article in The Sunday World is a scandalous claim. If this is true, the GAA should investigate and punish anyone involved. Not only is it now plain to see that Jim Gavin can't control some of his players, but it is Spillanes' assertion some member/s of his management team are threatening pundits on television, who say anything that reflects poorly on the Dublin team.

If Gavin is looking for constitutional clarity, I'm pretty sure freedom of the press is one!

******EDITOR'S NOTE: A VERY SENSITIVE ISSUE. ANY LETTERS 'OVER THE TOP' WILL NOT BE INCLUDED.******"
IF this is true the GAA need to investigate. We all know dubs are a business, but never should profit for one county be at the expense of honest deliberations on a match, team or individual. And the national broadcaster or any broadcaster for that matter be threatened by any management team.

royaldunne (National) - 02/07/2017 16:51:53

Arlene Foster At The Ulster Final - 5 Like(s)

Replying To MuckrossHead:  "I am no big fan of Arlene or the DUP but I have to acknowledge the step Arlene Foster is taking today. Many of her own party members will not be one bit pleased & that to me is a sign of political courage & I salute her."
Agreed. Fantastic to see. Now watch the usual picking at her attending, take it as it is , a step forward and one to be welcomed.

royaldunne (National) - 24/06/2018 17:37:57

Happy Christmas and a peaceful new year - 4 Like(s)
I don't care if you don't like me, if you disagree with me on every post. Or if you think I'm a legend (which I am of course). I want to wish you and yours a very happy and safe Christmas, and a peaceful new year. May all your private wishes come through. Enjoy folks

royaldunne (National) - 07/12/2017 22:47:43

Meath v Carlow 3 Jan 2018 - 4 Like(s)
Ouch, my eyes are sore. Not pretty, some misfired. Some including Ben played well. Think we have found a good keeper in colgan. Graham had so so game, great point probably should have had two goals. But Carlow didn't come to play football, we still find it hard to break down blanket defending and that's probably the main negative from tonight. Anyway I have a long enough journey home. So I'll post tomorrow when I get time. Looking forward to Sunday. Well done to all, fitness levels were very high for this time of year. Hon the royal

royaldunne (Meath) - 03/01/2018 21:51:44

Next Meath manager - 4 Like(s)
There will be some interest, but surely it has to be Andy McEntee, whatever it takes to convince Andy to take the job should be done.
It won't be easy but he is by far the best chance we have to undo the mess created over the last 4 dreadful years.

royaldunne (Meath) - 09/07/2016 19:58:40

The Blue Juggernaut? - 4 Like(s)

Replying To ziggy32001:  "fair points.I just hope its a sign that Meath are showing something.Big test for them next time out after this display."
I am not posting on this issue of resources etc, I am only and in fairness I think most people are posting on the match itself, (if unfortunately titled thread) . I think the point from a Meath perspective is that this has eventually happened, it wasn't a fluke result, or one determined by a bad ref call, it was a genuine win. Meath have stuck to old ways for too long, the proper structures weren't put in place when they should have been, Meath are a large county with a top 5 all Ireland haul, and honestly football mad county, but the structures weren't put in place, while every other county modernised Meath cb had the attitude, we are Meath we will always be successful or thereabouts. And that left them behind and needing to catch up, this win Is what many sees as the first group of youngsters who went through the new system, so it would appear to be working, that been said many in Meath will tell you last years minors were better than this years, so with minor its hard to tell, also the without Conor Nash a sublime prospect. While Dublin have the resources it in no way can be attributed to Meath demise, that is truly our own fault by appointing wrong managers, getting rid of good manager, not putting in effort at underage, non of that has anything got to do with what dubs have or have not, its got to do with bad management at cb level over many many years, hopefully this will be a turning point , if we can win Leinster then it will have been a good start. That's all that matters now is winning Leinster, a tough task awaits un next game.

royaldunne (National) - 23/05/2016 15:45:00