National Forum

Popular Posts from Horsebox77

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Kerry 2017 - 6 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Lads have ye ever been down in the first 3-4 rows in the stand? It's brutal between the fence and the dugouts and people walking up and down you cant see a thing. I agree about the polls as well they shoud get a cantilever roof also if your stuck in the top of the stand corner of the new terrace the roof gets in the way and you can't see 1/3 of the pitch, it's a joke. Also the hermit is that 30 million devided between the 8 GAA stadiums? If so I can't imagine you'd get a roof on the st finians terrace for 4 million. Although it would be a great idea."
No K'boy, I read somewhere that €29 Million goes to the Dublin County Board for development etc and the other €1 Million is divided between the remaining 31 counties, New York and London, we should see €30,303.00 extra in our coffers by the end of the tournament all things going well.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 16/11/2016 12:53:06

Winter Waffle - 6 Like(s)
Let's be honest here. Firstly Killarney needs a serious face lift at the St Fenians end plus a new scoreboard. Secondly the stand poles have blocked the view of enough matches. I know that's massive structure wise but still it needs addressing . The bathrooms too at theterrace side are well past the sell by date. Tje wire fence should be removed similar to Tralee too as it adds to the viewing and atmosphere. Tralee needs to have a look at the Horan's end as well as around the old pavelon. But more importantly the turnstiles. Sick and tired of queuing at the same 3 or 4 stiles while the ones at the Mitchels end remain rust fastened and idle. Somehow too the dug out location needs to be addressed. Naming the terrace at the st finians end after Weeshie would be a nice touch too in my opinion.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 06/12/2018 19:30:33

Kerry Vs. Mayo Super 8'S Game 1 - 6 Like(s)
If that is the ploy i'd rather they start Gavin Crowley or even Paul Murphy at wing forward but either way I don't like the sound of it, Griffin is limited at a push.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 10/07/2019 18:39:06

Kerry Vs. Mayo Super 8'S Game 1 - 6 Like(s)
I actually can, and I don't think it's a case heart ruling the head. I think we have been beaten twice, we know the ploy, the plan and the methods. We have had three weeks to devise a plan and eight days to have players tuned into the Mayo system and how to counteract. We are at home, younger, fresher and with better footballing ability. We have to not take the ball into contact, quick fast direct ball will give our forwards the better option, if the first run by the forward is successful you are at a serious advantage. You just have to play to your advantage, I have no fear of AOS few years back Donegal bypassed him for 70 minutes. He has no pace and if a ref with conviction takes him to task the fight light darkens

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 09/07/2019 23:10:16

Deserved Red Card - 5 Like(s)

Replying To TyroneUltra:  "Morgan did'nt stick his boot in a players face."
If you read my post correctly you would see I was comparing Moloney's 'shoulder' with Morgan's similar challenge last night - so maybe hold off on the ultra defensive attack and maybe call a spade a spade like I was willing to do

Horsebox77 (National) - 17/03/2019 19:55:23

All Ireland Championship 2019 - 5 Like(s)

Replying To GeniusGerry:  "Topped a really tough group so fair play to Peter and all the lads. It was a subdued performance today without David Clifford but what a game from Sean O'Shea, another three points for Killian and a very good showing from Brian O'B. I'm delighted that he was given an opportunity further forward because I have always believed he was out of position in the corner. Moran was excellent again too. Even if 2019 ends for us next weekend I think we have seen enough to know the future is bright for this team under Peters guidance. We are defending better and building a very nice panel."
All valid points Gerry. It is a hugh achievement to top the group with Mayo and Donegal unbeaten.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 03/08/2019 21:50:04

New Manageral Options - 5 Like(s)
I'd be happy with Fitz and Stephen Stacke and have them listed in my dream team on the earlier pages of this thread the only difference is I had Tommy Griffin and Peter Keane with them. Still though I have to admire the stance of PK - he's right if you cannot run your ship under your rules then you don't leave the port. What happens if Fitz is the preferred option but the clubs don't back it in a vote - back to the drawing board. Also why is Donie Buckley seen as the messiah.? Surely he's not the only man alive that can coach defensive tactics and have a flair for variation in coaching? There are other viable options which I hav mentioned before

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 26/09/2018 20:10:06

Kerry 2017 - 5 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "No lads I'm not from Churchill either or mid Kerry , this will keep us going till the start of the league at this stage :-/ Anyway I see we have 5 school teams through to the knock out stages of the corn ui mhuirí . Going by results that iv seen on line st Brendan's look strong again for 2017 even without David Clifford."
Brendans have a conveyor belt of talent at the moment in fairness a goods schools structure and set up has a knock on effect on Minor teams and so on - this only bodes well for the future of Kerry football.. again apart from players it also gives coaches a insight and experience

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 07/12/2016 22:58:04

Where to next? - 5 Like(s)
Arrrrraggghhhhh

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 11/03/2018 20:26:22

Kerry 2017 - 5 Like(s)

Replying To TheHermit:  "Only one obvious answer so, he's a Cork man only on here as a giant WUM!!!!"
Ah no hermit worse than a Cork man its Snuff reincarnated as a 'local' as the euro millions ad says dreams can come through

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 08/12/2016 00:15:24

Winter Waffle - 5 Like(s)
I'm a fan of Jack Sherwood and he has consistently beaten county players one to one in the county league and championhsip over the last few years, he plays midfield or centre back for club and division and always equips himself quite well there. I think EF played him in the wrong role against Dublin one year and this mya have knocked his confidence. But it answer your question yes, I think he has a role to play with us and could be utilized at midfield or in the number 6 role. There are a few key areas that need attention that were allowed slide under previous managers, we need a spine from keeper, full back, Centre back and midfield. I think too PK is playing us down in expections but he needs his players to find their feet at intercounty level, he and his management team included. I think he will take the league very seriously and I can see the best XV available lining out in every game. We have been slow starters to the league in previous years, I think the first few games are ideal to lay down a marker, 2 hardened northern teams that have already played McKenna Cup games and the Dubs coming town, I'd love to see 4 points here after our first 3 games

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 09/01/2019 21:40:44

Kerry 2017 - 5 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "That's true horse but when a player puts what he does outside the 4 white lines in a book and try's to pedal it then he's fair game for discussion ."
yes I agree to a degree. but depends on the motivation... if it is to make money and that is the sole purpose, well then yes I agree but if it is say something along the line of Donal Óg's book that tackles hidden taboo subject regarding homosexuality or the Armagh's Oisín Mac's book regarding gambling well the no I would but declare out of bounds...

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 03/12/2016 21:41:04

Kerry 2017 - 5 Like(s)
Ya encouraging reports in fairness actually any details on the final I hear Saturday being thrown about

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 16/01/2017 18:41:58

Kerry 2017 - 5 Like(s)
Saw about 8 minutes of it on TG4 last night they were showing highlights - but once couldn't judge on that. I the munster final a neutral venue?

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 15/11/2016 14:03:46

Kerry 2017 - 5 Like(s)

Replying To 37sowhat:  "Eamonn is anything but a stubborn man singleminded yes but democratic in all his dealings at work and at play has made errors, who hasn't? but always big enough to admit it Is highly respected by those who work with him and looked up to by the players This I am confident is the year it will turn out right and I see the new man Face Fits! as next Bainnisteöir
Future is bright"
Completely agree - I have always been an of th r opinion that managers should serve initially as selectors to get experience - Jack did it under Paidi Eamon did it under Jack and I too firmly believe in time Mossie will be the n as new in 2 years after Eamon walks but in the meantime we have a nice blend now on the white line - I don't think Eamon is egotistical and he comes across as very thoughtful on the game and deep in his approach - some have again mentioned the Marc on for Greaney sub I think this was tactical as Dublin had introduced a forward for a back at the time and we too had success building from the back in a time were we needed ball carriers - personally I think it was the right call it just didn't work out - small margins

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 30/11/2016 00:30:37

All Ireland Championship 2019 - 5 Like(s)

Replying To GreenAndGold74:  "Funny reading all the rubbish spouted here by keyboard experts on the state of Kerry football. My own view is that we are in a decent place currently. We could be better in certain areas of course but tell me a team who is perfect. All teams have flaws somewhere in the 15 lining out. I believe Kerry will get to at least a All Ireland semi final this year and who knows after that. So my message to my fellow Kerry supporters is get behind Peter Keane and The Team for the summer ahead. Up The Kingdom."
Totally agree.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 23/04/2019 09:45:09

Winter Waffle - 5 Like(s)
Would appear a good appointment glad to see we are moving in the right direction

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 08/11/2018 12:04:48

Kerry 2017 - 5 Like(s)

Replying To TheHermit:  "Jays I haven't went for a pint in Tomasin's in donkeys years. Is the Tatch still going? I thought it was closed long ago but I havnt actually driven past it since the summer. I always like the pub there across from the Church in Ballydonague. What's it's name again Horse? They do a lovely pint of stout."
No Hermit, never been in it - I suppose of Listowel win on Sunday final could be in Ballylongford or Moyvane if Bally win I can see it being taken to Ballybunion, Parking wise to get in and out Moyvane is prob best, i often lob the car in the church in Ballylongford, but god I hate going to Ballybunion, balls of a field to get in and out of

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 06/12/2016 19:50:03

Kerry 2017 - 5 Like(s)
First things first Aidan thanks a million for the memories you are the one of the few remaining from the team of the 2004-2009 era but what is even more impressive is that he was written off in 2008/9 and he came back to pay a key role in nullifying Michael Murphy is def one of a kind he always reminded me of a stag in a forest the way he'd stick the chest out never one to lose a 50/50 ball and as well as he played for Kerry I think we have to agree that he best performances were for his native Rathmore he always won the key battles regardless of what intercounty colleague was up against - I. Remember him tearing into Dara one year in Rathmore similar I've seen him man up to big MIKE Quirke and he destroyed Buckley last year in the championship - best if all thought is moving to full forward because of what turned out to be a broken leg but sill scored was It 1-01 from play helping them win the game

A one off some player some man and his gesture after the final in 2014 only typifies the man.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 23/01/2017 20:46:27

League Panel 2019 - 5 Like(s)
According to today's examiner: Extended Kerry panel: Shane Murphy (Dr Crokes), Brian Kelly (Legion), Shane Ryan (Rathmore); Mark Griffin (St Michael's Foilmore), Jason Foley (Ballydonoghue), Shane Enright (Tarbert), Peter Crowley (Laune Rangers), Graham Sullivan (Dromid), Jack Sherwood (Firies), Gavin Crowley (Templenoe), Tom O'Sullivan (Dingle), Tom 'Leo' O'Sullivan (Dingle), Briain O Beaglaoich (Gaeltacht), Paul Murphy (Rathmore), Killian Young (Renard), Tadhg Morley (Templenoe), Gavin White (Dr Crokes), Michael Potts (Dr Crokes), Rob Wharton (Renard); Jack Barry (Na Gaeil), David Moran (Kerins O'Rahilly's), Diarmuid O'Connor (Na Gaeil), Mark Ryan (Rathmore); Stephen O'Brien (Kenmare), Sean O'Shea (Kenmare), Kevin McCarthy (Kilcummin), Gavin O'Brien (Kerins O'Rahillys), Killian Spillane (Templenoe), Adrian Spillane (Templenoe), Jonathan Lyne (Legion), David Clifford (Fossa), Tommy Walsh (Kerins O'Rahillys), Tomás Ó Sé (Gaeltacht), Conor Geaney (Dingle), Paul Geaney (Dingle), James O'Donoghue (Legion), Dara Moynihan (Spa), Mikey Geaney(Dingle), Michael Burns (Dr Crokes), David Shaw (Dr Crokes

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 19/01/2019 09:43:01