National Forum

Popular Posts from Horsebox77

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Kerry 2017 - 5 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Lads have ye ever been down in the first 3-4 rows in the stand? It's brutal between the fence and the dugouts and people walking up and down you cant see a thing. I agree about the polls as well they shoud get a cantilever roof also if your stuck in the top of the stand corner of the new terrace the roof gets in the way and you can't see 1/3 of the pitch, it's a joke. Also the hermit is that 30 million devided between the 8 GAA stadiums? If so I can't imagine you'd get a roof on the st finians terrace for 4 million. Although it would be a great idea."
No K'boy, I read somewhere that €29 Million goes to the Dublin County Board for development etc and the other €1 Million is divided between the remaining 31 counties, New York and London, we should see €30,303.00 extra in our coffers by the end of the tournament all things going well.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 16/11/2016 12:53:06

What Are The Things You Miss Most In The GAA? - 5 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "Never watched it as I wouldn't understand a word they were saying. Does it matter if you have a nice tone to your voice if 80% of your target audience hears jibberish coming out of it? Can't wait for Joanne to take over actually, now there is someone who knows the gaa inside out."
I'm far from a gealgoir but there was subtitles and at least 80% of the player interviews were in English

Horsebox77 (National) - 26/04/2018 21:59:46

Where to next? - 4 Like(s)
Arrrrraggghhhhh

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 11/03/2018 20:26:22

Kerry 2017 - 4 Like(s)
Very very strong team for Sunday - he has picked a back 6 with pace and ball capability I particular like the fact that he is picking a central axis of Foley and Morley and in particular that fact that he has returned Paul Murphy to defence - by all accounts Barry was undropable after the last game and it is no harm at all to see how Savage goes on the forty - again a strong front 6 pacey and know where the posts are Savage Gearney back at 14 and James - what is most pleasing is he is rotating his panel of players and bringing in both old and young and getting a nice mix as well as giving players match practise - strong 15 and ideal prep for a national league early rounds as we have to hit the ground running up in ballybofey

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 20/01/2017 21:59:57

Championship 2017 - 4 Like(s)
Am I being deluded here or is the heart ruling the head here but I can't see Galway getting within 10 points of us

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 27/07/2017 20:58:27

Championship 2018 - 4 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Not to my knowledge anyway Gerry, as far as I know gavin has always operated around the backs but like you say he might be worth a look there."
Morley plays around the middle with gavin manning the 6 berth

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 02/06/2018 21:11:08

Kerry national football league 2016 - 3 Like(s)
ya I like that front 6, however I don't see Darran or Cooper starting come white heat of battle, I think they will both be resigned to a place off the bench, I agree that cooper's role should be closer to goal and not in a position where is he expected to track back - don;t shoot be here but we need to get the best out of him in that role nearer the posts as he hasn;t the legs to defend. I too would pump for Paul Geaney in the full forward role I think he offers more to us in the role as he can move swifter and has a greater scoring treat. Donaghy where I am a fan is in my opinion just the easy high ball option, Geaney being over the 6 foot can add both the movement and high ball option, Darran too off the bench is the ideal runner to come in a attack a tiring defense. Do any of ye see a starting role for Buckley. I want to add another name to the list now I am a huge fan too of Mikey Geaney, Every team needs a work horse that can win ball for breaks and support the attack while being an outlet for the defenders - lads not many places are set in stone bar Donnachadh, Sheehan and Buckley have to be central players same with Donaghy and I suppose Tommy, fill in the flanks and corners with options Like, James O"D, Mikey Geaney, Cooper, Darran, O'Brien, BJ Keane, new players like O'Sullivan, Walsh and Daly, U21's like Savage and Spillane... we have numerous options we could even throw Moran in a half forward role, he played there with the Narres a lot - being honest I'm struggling to pick a settle forty yarder and the inside corners - is James an Option for the 40 with Cooper inside? = on another matter one player that was on everyones lips was Jamie O'Sullivan but I see he has dropped off the panel completely since the McGrath Cup - it's fairly hard to predict our championship 15.... I wonder will many U21's feature... O'brien and Spillane turned the game last night

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 10/03/2016 20:43:57

ya but he will be match fit - one door closes etc, I hope Fitz bites the bullet and start either Sherwood or Sullivan

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 21/03/2016 19:51:13

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "That's true horse we are getting a great run at the league this year there seems to be a lot of strength in debt with in the squad, I'd say fellas will be able to roll in and out of the team without too much disruption ."
Ye headingredients to Limerick tmw I'm just off the nightshIft hope to go up nice team picked and being honest I like the grounds as a venue - if you are over in the uncovered stand you are so close you can really feel the action

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 22/01/2017 01:10:01

Lads I have said it already we can test drive on Sunday week, we are in a league final on merit against a team unbeaten in over a yesr, this is all accomplished without our current All Star Midfielder and our main man in the forward who was player of the year in 2014. I wouldn't get too drawn into teh whole ref debate with the Dub posters, you will be on a hiding to nothing there. I am really looking forward to next Sunday week I wonder will Fitz promote any U21's back into the panel... surely Jack Savage and Killian are worth time inside,,

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 14/04/2016 20:18:31

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)
The NK Board streamed the semi live so you could be in luck if online. hard enough to call it is like you say youth vs youth Bally are good from 1-9 but I fear their forwards haven't that bit of cuteness yet about them no real killer touch in saying that they are fit and physical. Senans are savage lively and Somers/stack have them peaking at the right time. I fear for their forwards as they won't get space against a tight and loaded Bally rearguard still though I think Senan's are the fitter and as the game will go on should prevail like I said above they coming to a peak at the right time. Will be a novel find as both clubs have been to the fore in last 5 years or so at underage level it's no coincidence too that local employment has risen keeping the 20 plus age people local. It will be some clash though the crowd will be savage considering the novel paring

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 15/12/2016 03:20:47

Hard to disagree with that, you may see Crowley starting cos the one thing that Donegal have is savage pace on the break, and we may struggle in that regard, for that reason I would be concerned for O'Mahoney I think he is struggling with the pace at the moment I though he was caught for a few against Down and Roscommon, I would like to see more of Brendan O'Sullivan he has really impressed me since I saw him on against Clare, Maybe too the decision to play Murphy in that role will mean a higher defensive line - I would like to see more of Sherwood to and I think the way Fitz rotates his bench everyone will see game time over the league, this is the big test though really looking forward to it.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 03/03/2016 13:50:29

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)
Finished this dvd the one game I was looking forward to the most was the 2006 quarter with Armagh only a passing reference given to it.now mention or replay of the Donaghey goak vs Francie Bellow I'm really disappointed it is so anti-climatic it could have been done so much better put it this was we all grew up with the 3 hours of the golden years edged in the brain i cannot see this dvd getting the same airing as the original

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 01/01/2017 11:34:28

ya also gave us Bono...... enough said..

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 02/03/2016 15:16:17

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Ah I was thinking it sounded like a funny result allright horse, jays that's a lot of players to be missing. Any games on up there today?"
Desmonds were well and truly beaten by Senans, I did fancy Castleisland just about but like I said above they were missing a fair few, Senans are some team though they have a nice sprinkle of youth and experience and a lot of their key players have graced the county at underage level, 3 now into the semi, Tarbert, Senans, Ballydonoghue I think and the winners of next sundays clash of Listowel and Ballyduff... that'll be a clash, as far as I'm aware the NK board will meet Thursday to make the Semi Final draw.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 20/11/2016 19:53:24

Sorry that should read O'Sullivan and Spillane

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 10/03/2016 21:08:09

Championship 2018 - 3 Like(s)
What would be your midfield paring lads ' the old days of the bully style big man duo like Moran Maher are gone - honestly feel a combination like Barry/Seanie Se or someone like Tadgh Morley etc there has to be considered - who would ye pick?

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 22/05/2018 15:56:44

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)

Replying To TheHermit:  "My dad's a taxi man down in Tralee Cue though he'll be retiring soon. So always have a lot of time for the lads and lassies who get us where we need to go. But there's always one or two chancers who think they can get away with driving you around the world for sport or trying to charge you extra. Worst is down home, you could be hailing a cab in Tralee after a night out and its a 10min drive straight out the main Tralee/Listowel road to my place and some of them try and take €30 off you! Thankfully there's isn't so many taxi's in Tralee that when I mention the father's name they quickly cop on, but God knows what they might be charging other people! Ah Horse, it is the off season we have to find something to talk about. Here what are you making of the North Kerry championship? Desmonds are up against St Sena's on Sunday, they both raked up fierce looking scores in their first outing last month. Emmets did the same."
Hermit: Went to Bally on Sunday I was very very impressed with Tarbert, hi they are well drilled and fit no stars or air of ego about them, I know Newtown are in decline and for years they declined to give youth a chance and held on the tried and trusted which got them no where, their bench had by all accounts a few minors who some felt should have been given the chance even if they still lost just to gain experience, I think 2 or 3 of them came on with 5 minutes to go pointless, they chanced manager too about 2 months ago which is never a good sign. Tarbert lorded the centre and Moyvane never really got going or were not allowed to get going, no Tarbert are handy enough physically strong and well able to win the 50/50 challenges. Sunday will see Castle and Senans, Castleisland are a team that if they just get their house in order could win it out any year, they have a serious crop of youngsters coming up but are missing 4 or 5 for Sunday, Senans are some peoples surprise but their teams is fairly sprinkled with ex Kerry Juniors and Minors they are tidy enough on paper and have a good coaching set up behind them in Somers/Stack ok they gave Duagh a trimming but Duagh are a club with internal troubles. Still I fancy Castle but just about…

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 18/11/2016 15:21:09

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)
Serious appointment by the rockies

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 13/12/2016 21:05:23

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "No lads I'm not from Churchill either or mid Kerry , this will keep us going till the start of the league at this stage :-/ Anyway I see we have 5 school teams through to the knock out stages of the corn ui mhuirí . Going by results that iv seen on line st Brendan's look strong again for 2017 even without David Clifford."
Brendans have a conveyor belt of talent at the moment in fairness a goods schools structure and set up has a knock on effect on Minor teams and so on - this only bodes well for the future of Kerry football.. again apart from players it also gives coaches a insight and experience

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 07/12/2016 22:58:04