National Forum

Popular Posts from Horsebox77

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Kerry 2017 - 4 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Lads have ye ever been down in the first 3-4 rows in the stand? It's brutal between the fence and the dugouts and people walking up and down you cant see a thing. I agree about the polls as well they shoud get a cantilever roof also if your stuck in the top of the stand corner of the new terrace the roof gets in the way and you can't see 1/3 of the pitch, it's a joke. Also the hermit is that 30 million devided between the 8 GAA stadiums? If so I can't imagine you'd get a roof on the st finians terrace for 4 million. Although it would be a great idea."
No K'boy, I read somewhere that €29 Million goes to the Dublin County Board for development etc and the other €1 Million is divided between the remaining 31 counties, New York and London, we should see €30,303.00 extra in our coffers by the end of the tournament all things going well.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 16/11/2016 12:53:06

Kerry 2017 - 4 Like(s)
Very very strong team for Sunday - he has picked a back 6 with pace and ball capability I particular like the fact that he is picking a central axis of Foley and Morley and in particular that fact that he has returned Paul Murphy to defence - by all accounts Barry was undropable after the last game and it is no harm at all to see how Savage goes on the forty - again a strong front 6 pacey and know where the posts are Savage Gearney back at 14 and James - what is most pleasing is he is rotating his panel of players and bringing in both old and young and getting a nice mix as well as giving players match practise - strong 15 and ideal prep for a national league early rounds as we have to hit the ground running up in ballybofey

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 20/01/2017 21:59:57

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "That's true horse we are getting a great run at the league this year there seems to be a lot of strength in debt with in the squad, I'd say fellas will be able to roll in and out of the team without too much disruption ."
Ye headingredients to Limerick tmw I'm just off the nightshIft hope to go up nice team picked and being honest I like the grounds as a venue - if you are over in the uncovered stand you are so close you can really feel the action

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 22/01/2017 01:10:01

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Ya it should be good if last years game is anything to go by. I wonder what team Eamon will pick the weekend will bjk comeback for another year warming the bench will jod get his hunger back and the same with David Moran '!"
I'd like to see a mixture of players for Sunday - I would like Fitz to retain players that impressed Sunday the likes of Ryan in goals Foley Begley young Barry I'm midfield i'd retain Barry Sullivan and up front Sean Paul Shea and Matthew Sullivan looked at handful - other players i'doubt like to see Sunday are the injured few from last year Brendan Sullivan Alan Fitzgerald Mikey Greaney and then the likes of Adrain Spillane etc

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 13/01/2017 00:03:57

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)

Replying To TheHermit:  "So out of curiosity I'm after clicking into this most popular user button they have and Horse, KingdomBoy and myself are the top three?!! I don't really use the like button unless they are giving Kingdomboy a hard time so you must be doing something right there lad!!!"
We fairness we are really the only 3 at times

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 19/01/2017 20:45:41

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)
Ya encouraging reports in fairness actually any details on the final I hear Saturday being thrown about

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 16/01/2017 18:41:58

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)

Replying To TheHermit:  "Ya but its for the main page Horse not the Kerry forum"
Sure? Cos I rarely post on main forum as it depresses the shite out me

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 19/01/2017 22:09:36

Championship 2017 - 3 Like(s)
I see David Culhane is named at centre back for the New York team at the weekend - def one that slipped through the net - would rate him ahead of a few planers still hanging around our panel

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 04/05/2017 20:28:01

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)
First things first Aidan thanks a million for the memories you are the one of the few remaining from the team of the 2004-2009 era but what is even more impressive is that he was written off in 2008/9 and he came back to pay a key role in nullifying Michael Murphy is def one of a kind he always reminded me of a stag in a forest the way he'd stick the chest out never one to lose a 50/50 ball and as well as he played for Kerry I think we have to agree that he best performances were for his native Rathmore he always won the key battles regardless of what intercounty colleague was up against - I. Remember him tearing into Dara one year in Rathmore similar I've seen him man up to big MIKE Quirke and he destroyed Buckley last year in the championship - best if all thought is moving to full forward because of what turned out to be a broken leg but sill scored was It 1-01 from play helping them win the game

A one off some player some man and his gesture after the final in 2014 only typifies the man.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 23/01/2017 20:46:27

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)
I see Barry O'Sullivan has also been added to the match day 26 hope he and Brendan get a good run out

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 20/01/2017 22:01:37

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)
Well I wasn't in Mallow today so had to contend with Timmy bit disappointed though the commentary was stop start and we never really got a feel of players form etc to who was playing well - reports suggest that again Begley and Tom Sullivan impressed the reports on Foley appear mixed with some suggesting that it may be a year too soon I had hoped that Griffin would be afforded a game at 6 but I suppose we are spoiled here. midfield I was surprised that young Barry was picked over the island man does that suggest that Fitz and Co see the island man as a wing forward full stop as opposed to a midfield option either way he only enhanced his reputation. Up front great to see James showing form and young Savage I would quiz is Savages physique up to intercounty senior standard but still cannot but be impressed by his scoring tally, the weather and conditions suited Mikel Gearney by all accounts still any day you beat cork and gain another competitive game as League prep has to be a seen as a bonus the question now is will we again mix seniors with U21's or give others a run out in an attempt to give all his panel players a run out. I see on Online on one if the paper sites that the game is fixed for a Kerry venue can anyone confirm this. Also no sign of Paul Murphy and Fitz only mentioned Maher as injured -any reports?

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 15/01/2017 22:24:19

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)
Well McGrath Cup over.i suppose a win is a win regardless but the real bonus was the amount of players that saw game time it has to be in the region of forty plus which is a real wide casting of the nets. have we unearths any new talent yes in my opinion we have certain players have put their hands up for inclusion for a league panel place. We are no nearer to getting an answer on our keeper situation we have three tried but one could roll the dice here regarding a starter up north in two weeks. Our backs have serious options now Enright Young Murphy, the 2 O'Sullivans, Morley, Crowley, You will have Foley and Griffin and foley fighting for the edge of the square Begley has to start and that's before we include the likes of Gavin white and Fiona. MIdfield has unearthed a nice few options, Moran was impresssive yesterday add in Maher, O'Sullivans Barry and Brendan now we have young Barry staking a claim as well as the Ballylongford man. our full forward line has Paul a definite at 14 probably James at 15 and one has to consider Savage and Conor Geaney for the13 slot - what I am most alarmed at is our half forward line has not really added any new comer at note and no on to lead the 40 in the mold of a Declan type character here we have Lyne, Geaney, Donnachadh, BJ Keane But its scoring forwards we need not 3 donkey working men this is where I think we are in trouble ok I would be in favour of say a league start for brendan O'Sullivan and someone like Adrian Spillane who saw no real McGrath time but we are lacking a leader on the 40 a play maker.... again plenty of bodies and more to come in but this is one line that we were in trouble with yesterday still though the extra time would be worth about 3 sessions to us. could any of ye pick our team for 2 weeks if it was me Inwould try as man of the U21's as possible as you may not get a chance again until later in the year

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 23/01/2017 22:05:31

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)
We will still be here typing in response to another promising young player following on for another and another to Oz unless the Gaa and firsty starting a County and Club level provisions are put in place to safeguard our young stars - this has got to stop I read today that Shaw has impressed in his trials in a Florida and that that that Na Geail man isn't very far behind - being realistic apart from Mark O'Conner and and as good as all these players mentioned are I think we can all agree that David Clifford is head and shoulders above these departing stars We have to ringfence these stars and if that means employing within the Gaa as GDA's etc then do be it

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 18/01/2017 19:04:19

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)
Unfort Tadgh will still be seen as a 'god' in Listowel but that would only the Emmetts side of NK - back to Aidan I forgot which paper had it and I think the actions perfectly summed up his willingness for Kerry - the replay with Mayo in Limerick we are in extra tune and a ball breaks in midfield Aidan pounces on it between 2 Mayo men and wins a free he immediately goes Dian with cramp on both legs and is carried off - his last actions forte day but a viral one

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 25/01/2017 18:48:17

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)
Back to Clifford excellent choice as Minor Captain

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 18/01/2017 19:28:05

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)
Double header in Limerick well done Munster Gaa board in fairness totally correct decision -

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 17/01/2017 21:13:00

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)
Team selection could really well i suppose will depend on player availability due to injury and in particular Murphy and James dealing from a full deck I would choose the following: Kelly, Enright, Griffin, Begley, Murphy, Crowley, Tom O'Sullivan, Moran, Barry O'Sullivan, Brendan O'Sullivan, Seanie O'Shea, Mike Geaney, Jack Savage, Paul Geaney and James. I'm mixing young and old here think I have the bakance right - bench wise I'm keeping Tom Leo, Lyne, Morley and Killian in reserve, Midfield Jack Barry Adrian Spillane and the Bally lads name I can never spell, up front Conor Geaney, Lyne, BJ Keane etc.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 24/01/2017 20:15:04

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)
I have said it before unless people voice their opinions via proper forums i.e. Via motions at Club AGM level and then progressing to Congress it is only then that County Boards Kerry included will take notice in fairness to it Kerry ex players like Declan and Marc and current players Killian Young publicly stating their displeasure at current underage age players being for want if a better expression being sad a pup. I will say one thing though out current chairman did put on record and state that this Is one issue he his ring fenced as high on his priority list to tackle - clubs have to get behind him though

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 26/01/2017 20:56:13

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)
I see game is deferred live on TG4 if my rosters are right I should come off night duty at 8 - have a few hours kip and get up for the game at 4ish could be ideal

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 24/01/2017 20:46:59

Kerry 2017 - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Horsebox77:  "I have said it before unless people voice their opinions via proper forums i.e. Via motions at Club AGM level and then progressing to Congress it is only then that County Boards Kerry included will take notice in fairness to it Kerry ex players like Declan and Marc and current players Killian Young publicly stating their displeasure at current underage age players being for want if a better expression being sad a pup. I will say one thing though out current chairman did put on record and state that this Is one issue he his ring fenced as high on his priority list to tackle - clubs have to get behind him though"
Sorry texting from phone a balls should read "sold a pup"

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 26/01/2017 21:16:52