National Forum

Popular Posts from Horsebox77

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Kerry 2017 - 5 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Lads have ye ever been down in the first 3-4 rows in the stand? It's brutal between the fence and the dugouts and people walking up and down you cant see a thing. I agree about the polls as well they shoud get a cantilever roof also if your stuck in the top of the stand corner of the new terrace the roof gets in the way and you can't see 1/3 of the pitch, it's a joke. Also the hermit is that 30 million devided between the 8 GAA stadiums? If so I can't imagine you'd get a roof on the st finians terrace for 4 million. Although it would be a great idea."
No K'boy, I read somewhere that €29 Million goes to the Dublin County Board for development etc and the other €1 Million is divided between the remaining 31 counties, New York and London, we should see €30,303.00 extra in our coffers by the end of the tournament all things going well.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 16/11/2016 12:53:06

What Are The Things You Miss Most In The GAA? - 5 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "Never watched it as I wouldn't understand a word they were saying. Does it matter if you have a nice tone to your voice if 80% of your target audience hears jibberish coming out of it? Can't wait for Joanne to take over actually, now there is someone who knows the gaa inside out."
I'm far from a gealgoir but there was subtitles and at least 80% of the player interviews were in English

Horsebox77 (National) - 26/04/2018 21:59:46

New Manageral Options - 4 Like(s)
I'd be happy with Fitz and Stephen Stacke and have them listed in my dream team on the earlier pages of this thread the only difference is I had Tommy Griffin and Peter Keane with them. Still though I have to admire the stance of PK - he's right if you cannot run your ship under your rules then you don't leave the port. What happens if Fitz is the preferred option but the clubs don't back it in a vote - back to the drawing board. Also why is Donie Buckley seen as the messiah.? Surely he's not the only man alive that can coach defensive tactics and have a flair for variation in coaching? There are other viable options which I hav mentioned before

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 26/09/2018 20:10:06

Kerry 2017 - 4 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "No lads I'm not from Churchill either or mid Kerry , this will keep us going till the start of the league at this stage :-/ Anyway I see we have 5 school teams through to the knock out stages of the corn ui mhuirí . Going by results that iv seen on line st Brendan's look strong again for 2017 even without David Clifford."
Brendans have a conveyor belt of talent at the moment in fairness a goods schools structure and set up has a knock on effect on Minor teams and so on - this only bodes well for the future of Kerry football.. again apart from players it also gives coaches a insight and experience

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 07/12/2016 22:58:04

Where to next? - 4 Like(s)
Arrrrraggghhhhh

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 11/03/2018 20:26:22

Kerry 2017 - 4 Like(s)

Replying To TheHermit:  "Only one obvious answer so, he's a Cork man only on here as a giant WUM!!!!"
Ah no hermit worse than a Cork man its Snuff reincarnated as a 'local' as the euro millions ad says dreams can come through

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 08/12/2016 00:15:24

Kerry 2017 - 4 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "That's true horse but when a player puts what he does outside the 4 white lines in a book and try's to pedal it then he's fair game for discussion ."
yes I agree to a degree. but depends on the motivation... if it is to make money and that is the sole purpose, well then yes I agree but if it is say something along the line of Donal Óg's book that tackles hidden taboo subject regarding homosexuality or the Armagh's Oisín Mac's book regarding gambling well the no I would but declare out of bounds...

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 03/12/2016 21:41:04

Kerry 2017 - 4 Like(s)
Ya encouraging reports in fairness actually any details on the final I hear Saturday being thrown about

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 16/01/2017 18:41:58

Kerry 2017 - 4 Like(s)
Saw about 8 minutes of it on TG4 last night they were showing highlights - but once couldn't judge on that. I the munster final a neutral venue?

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 15/11/2016 14:03:46

Kerry 2017 - 4 Like(s)

Replying To 37sowhat:  "Eamonn is anything but a stubborn man singleminded yes but democratic in all his dealings at work and at play has made errors, who hasn't? but always big enough to admit it Is highly respected by those who work with him and looked up to by the players This I am confident is the year it will turn out right and I see the new man Face Fits! as next Bainnisteöir
Future is bright"
Completely agree - I have always been an of th r opinion that managers should serve initially as selectors to get experience - Jack did it under Paidi Eamon did it under Jack and I too firmly believe in time Mossie will be the n as new in 2 years after Eamon walks but in the meantime we have a nice blend now on the white line - I don't think Eamon is egotistical and he comes across as very thoughtful on the game and deep in his approach - some have again mentioned the Marc on for Greaney sub I think this was tactical as Dublin had introduced a forward for a back at the time and we too had success building from the back in a time were we needed ball carriers - personally I think it was the right call it just didn't work out - small margins

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 30/11/2016 00:30:37

Kerry 2017 - 4 Like(s)

Replying To TheHermit:  "Jays I haven't went for a pint in Tomasin's in donkeys years. Is the Tatch still going? I thought it was closed long ago but I havnt actually driven past it since the summer. I always like the pub there across from the Church in Ballydonague. What's it's name again Horse? They do a lovely pint of stout."
No Hermit, never been in it - I suppose of Listowel win on Sunday final could be in Ballylongford or Moyvane if Bally win I can see it being taken to Ballybunion, Parking wise to get in and out Moyvane is prob best, i often lob the car in the church in Ballylongford, but god I hate going to Ballybunion, balls of a field to get in and out of

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 06/12/2016 19:50:03

Winter Waffle - 4 Like(s)

Replying To TheHermit:  "Somehow Horse I think they'll be one or two CB's that might try and filter off a bit of that money away from who it is intended for. This is Ireland after all, the land of the brown envelope, the knowing nod and the telling wink :D"
Sadly true but still I can't help but just admIre the man for what he has done. On another note the weekend games I'm really looking forward to Saturday night under lights but can't make it Sunday, a mate just text asking me are Sunday's games live on TG4. Any of ye have any idea, I know tha last week they showed the doubleheader from Ennis

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 25/09/2018 19:55:20

Kerry 2017 - 4 Like(s)
First things first Aidan thanks a million for the memories you are the one of the few remaining from the team of the 2004-2009 era but what is even more impressive is that he was written off in 2008/9 and he came back to pay a key role in nullifying Michael Murphy is def one of a kind he always reminded me of a stag in a forest the way he'd stick the chest out never one to lose a 50/50 ball and as well as he played for Kerry I think we have to agree that he best performances were for his native Rathmore he always won the key battles regardless of what intercounty colleague was up against - I. Remember him tearing into Dara one year in Rathmore similar I've seen him man up to big MIKE Quirke and he destroyed Buckley last year in the championship - best if all thought is moving to full forward because of what turned out to be a broken leg but sill scored was It 1-01 from play helping them win the game

A one off some player some man and his gesture after the final in 2014 only typifies the man.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 23/01/2017 20:46:27

Kerry 2017 - 4 Like(s)
Very very strong team for Sunday - he has picked a back 6 with pace and ball capability I particular like the fact that he is picking a central axis of Foley and Morley and in particular that fact that he has returned Paul Murphy to defence - by all accounts Barry was undropable after the last game and it is no harm at all to see how Savage goes on the forty - again a strong front 6 pacey and know where the posts are Savage Gearney back at 14 and James - what is most pleasing is he is rotating his panel of players and bringing in both old and young and getting a nice mix as well as giving players match practise - strong 15 and ideal prep for a national league early rounds as we have to hit the ground running up in ballybofey

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 20/01/2017 21:59:57

Kerry 2017 - 4 Like(s)
Well I wasn't in Mallow today so had to contend with Timmy bit disappointed though the commentary was stop start and we never really got a feel of players form etc to who was playing well - reports suggest that again Begley and Tom Sullivan impressed the reports on Foley appear mixed with some suggesting that it may be a year too soon I had hoped that Griffin would be afforded a game at 6 but I suppose we are spoiled here. midfield I was surprised that young Barry was picked over the island man does that suggest that Fitz and Co see the island man as a wing forward full stop as opposed to a midfield option either way he only enhanced his reputation. Up front great to see James showing form and young Savage I would quiz is Savages physique up to intercounty senior standard but still cannot but be impressed by his scoring tally, the weather and conditions suited Mikel Gearney by all accounts still any day you beat cork and gain another competitive game as League prep has to be a seen as a bonus the question now is will we again mix seniors with U21's or give others a run out in an attempt to give all his panel players a run out. I see on Online on one if the paper sites that the game is fixed for a Kerry venue can anyone confirm this. Also no sign of Paul Murphy and Fitz only mentioned Maher as injured -any reports?

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 15/01/2017 22:24:19

Kerry 2017 - 4 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Ya hermit glenbeigh looked poor in the county final they looked the poorest of all the junior champ iv seen over the last 10-12 years, I guess Munster junior football isn't as strong as we tought. Still they are playing the mayo champs next so that should tell a lot. Ciaran Carey leaving the hurlers is a strange 1 allright and like you I don't buy the work commitment thing . I'm fire we'll hear what really happened in time. Congrats on your old team getting to the north Kerry final by the way but why do ye drag it out for so long? Surely ye could get it over and done with by the end of November the hermit! Ya fair play to rathmore winning east Kerry , there players have some heart. And well done to st Mary's as well in the south."
Ah being honest I saw a couple of Glenbeigh's games this year and no they were far from impressive in the drawn match in Killarney, but then again I think its testament to the strength of Kerry Club football that every year we are turning out Junior and Intermediate Munster winners and giving the All Ireland Series a serious crack. As for the North Kerry Timing I don't know I sometimes think the North Kerry Board live in a different world or season, put it this way for the first time in years Shannon Rangers, Feale Rangers and St. Kieran's were all knocked out of the county championship in round 2. So no reason to delay the local championship and it could have been well played off I September/October and give the players due rest. The Gaa top table preaches player welfare and burnout and then the local boards go off and fix games for December and January when most normal boards and clubs within the district are planning AGM's and coaches for the coming season… mind boggling… Hermit ye are looking tidy for the NK Championship the fitness levels of the panel are unreal given the time of year, it would take a brave man to bet against ye, I would love to see the novel paring of ye and Ballydonoghue but once you give Listowel a sniff they usually have the experience to grind out a victory - but looking back over the last few years Bally have been untouchable at underage levels this has to at some stage come to fruition at senior level. I'll put my head on the block here and give a slight nod to the Coolard boys but only just. On another matter I see Donaghy has said that playing under Mossie Fitz could be an opportunity too good to pass up… I see too the Rathmore Warrior gave Buckley enough of it Sunday…. The new year's panel could be interesting….

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 06/12/2016 08:35:18

Kerry 2017 - 4 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "What happened the minors horse?"
talking to the brother who was there 1/4 final ended in draw, game was tetchy with blacks, reds and a coach walking in a case of a match that the ref had no control over with several punch ups and parents coming in from the sideline pushing and shoving players. At full time game was a draw and the teams child welfare officers stepped in and called a halt to the game on full time on the grounds of child welfare. NK board threw both teams out and fined them, Its the only case I am ever aware of where child safety is dismissed and consider second best to a report from a ref that had obviously no control.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 11/12/2016 19:10:03

Kerry 2017 - 4 Like(s)
Double header in Limerick well done Munster Gaa board in fairness totally correct decision -

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 17/01/2017 21:13:00

League 2017 - 4 Like(s)

Replying To TheHermit:  "Agree, he can't tackle and if he doesn't have the pace for midfield how will he have it for a role that requires it even more. Centre Forward, it's worth a try at least."
We could consider left back for the trip to Roscommon .............................Left back in strand road

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 01/03/2017 21:09:23

Kerry 2017 - 4 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Any word on Patrick Cliffords injury horse?
I suppose Micheal burns Gavin white and the other crockes lad I can't think of his name now will be tied to there club and miss out on Sunday."
I'm guessing you'r talking about young Brosnan that came on last year but sure he hasn't really featured first Crokes - Clifford popped the shoulder that day in Killarney that is usually a 6-8 week stint if all goes to plan so ya i'd imagine he would there or there abouts back towards fitness - the selection should be interesting as Fitz himself indicated that he wanted to run over a few of the U21's himself to see if they could step up so that is encouraging - glad too he has given a time ultimatium to the older lads but truth be told Fitz should be telling them yes or no not the other way around we shouldn't have the tail wagging the dog. It would appear we could have a fairly young provisional squad for the McGrath Cup and first 3 league games - we do really have to hit the ground running this year and blood players for croker

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - 03/01/2017 23:53:57