National Forum

Popular Posts from yew_tree

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Things in the GAA that make you Cringe - 8 Like(s)

Replying To waynoI:  "The minute silence before every single game makes me feel ill aswell actually. Can we add that one to the list ? "Please stand for a minutes silence as a mark of respect to little Brucey, Mary O'Reilly's pet jack Russell, Who was run over by a John Deer tractor whilst Paddy O'Neill was out wrappin hay bales.....hey!!""
Wayno what is wrong with a minutes silence? The GAA is a community. I know you don't really get that same fabric in urban area's but in rural Ireland, the local GAA club is the centre of the world from actual games, local festival, a guard of honor at a funeral, the whole community looking out for each other. When a member the GAA members are there, preparing food, helping with parking etc. The minute's silence is a mark of respect which clearly you have not shown by that post which seems to take a swipe at rural Ireland which your tractor jipe.

yew_tree (National) - 04/07/2016 14:12:30

Joe Canning - not fit to lace Shefflin's boots - 8 Like(s)
Hate these threads...attempting to beat down on a player after a bad game who's team have not won the All Ireland us easy and petty. I've seen the same happen Mayo players. Yes there was an coup but there is no instructions or rule books. These are amuteur players with jobs and normal lives...I think people except and demand too much on GAA players these days.

yew_tree (National) - 04/07/2016 18:57:30

Mayo's double standard's - 7 Like(s)
Mayo are a cod...always fall flat on their faces. Come on Roscommon send them packing please

yew_tree (National) - 02/08/2017 21:17:46

Kieran Donaghy is Immune to refereees - 7 Like(s)
Imagine the uproar if Lee Keegan or Diarmuid Connolly had their hands around the neck in the choke like hold on an opposition player? This man is immune to referees...did the Sunday game call him out? Yearrah

yew_tree (National) - 31/07/2017 09:10:19

New York vs Sligo - 7 Like(s)
I listened to the GAA Hour podcast and couldn't agree more with Parkinson. This game should be televised or at least streamed. Get some camera's out there, interview fans, ex-pats. Have a show sat night from a bar in New York with a discussion panel on the year ahead etc. Get some interest going. It is after all the curtain raiser to the Championship.

yew_tree (National) - 05/05/2017 13:41:18

Congrats Dublin - 6 Like(s)
Well done Dublin. The better team yet again. We can only look at our own failing again. This Dublin team ARE one of the great football teams. Time to drown the sorrows in the capital yet again. Still proud to be a Mayo man.

yew_tree (National) - 01/10/2016 20:22:13

Joe Brolly hypocrisy - 6 Like(s)
Joe loves to talk as we all know. In his paper pieces he preaches respect and talks about community GAA, a fabric that hold us all together and that there is more the sport than just winning. Yet on the Sunday game he (and others) appear to mock teams outside of the top 3/4.
He once mocked Mayo for even bothar showing up against Cork in 2011..."When Cork beat Mayo" he said...
Last weekend Joe and Colm were laughing their heads of at the Munster final and called it "not a real game" which was very disrespectful to Tipperary. And yesterday he called Roscommon useless.

Joe and some other "experts" show a complete lack of disrespect to most county teams. Some of the stuff he comes out with is cringe worthy to say the least. Despite that I have great respect for him as a man, donating his lung and campaigning for organ donation etc. But come on Joe these are ameteur players who all go though the same training and hardship to wear their county jersey.

yew_tree (National) - 11/07/2016 11:31:43

Bernard Flynn v James Horan - 5 Like(s)
Should all Mayo people in the Media quit their job, all Mayo players give no further interviews and Mayo give up football. It seems that's what the GAA world wants. Win an All Ireland or F off and shut up. It's a cheap shot to come back and say "show me your all ireland medals" and is an escape route to actually debating the point in hand.

yew_tree (National) - 24/05/2017 22:34:58

Dublin people do not extend the hand Friendship - 5 Like(s)
Dublin fans like most are grand...the one's you meet in real life that is. Funny story though my sister's were on the Hill for the Mayo Tyrone game....they got some horrid abuse from a few Dublin fans near them including a woman...Enda Kenny, culchies, sheep...nobody was sparred :) They turned into Tyrone fans....yet once the Dublin game started Donegal were nothing but a shower of Northern so and so's....;)

yew_tree (National) - 17/08/2016 11:09:22

County you least want to see win in football? - 5 Like(s)
Wayno the GAA is not about Dublin winning in croke park abs all the glamor that comes with it. Maybe your a club man too and if you are well done. I'd follow all teams but I'm not looking for a medal. I enjoy watching football and hurling. Do you just follow Dublin for the trill as opposed to actually enjoyed football? I actually prefer watching other teams. Watching Mayo can be stressful and I do t us usually relax until the game is over

yew_tree (National) - 28/07/2016 12:10:53

Dublin v Mayo - 5 Like(s)

Replying To TheFlaker:  "Is this the HILL16 page lads? Should we vote for who we think is the bigger Dubs fan?"
That Hill 16 Army page along with the Mayo GAA banter page are a disgrace. Full of bandwagon idiots who know nothing about football.

yew_tree (National) - 03/03/2017 12:16:14

Mayo v Galway June 18th - 5 Like(s)
Thought the commentary was a joke today. Ger Canning is a terrible commentator and Carr is annoying. Galway will need no motivation.

yew_tree (Galway) - 12/06/2016 19:13:06

Interesting picture from Sunday's game - 5 Like(s)
I am totally fed up with this discussion being honest. It now involves posters saying "your team does this" "Yeah but your team done that" - get over it. Dublin, Kerry, Mayo, Tyrone, Donegal......none are saints and all are sinners. Probably goes for all teams club and county in the country. Every team has it player(s) that are involved in "dark art's" as it is now called.

yew_tree (National) - 01/09/2016 09:45:26

Threads that constantly reappear - 5 Like(s)
I think some propels get a better kick of kicking a team or player when they are down rather than the joy of supporting their own county....prob all says more about the person. Even the media are fickle....see how the narrative has changed on Tipp after one defeat and a few rumours. People are pathetic.

yew_tree (National) - 02/06/2017 21:39:32

Galway vs Mayo - 4 Like(s)

Replying To The_DOC:  "Sure don't ye all either work, live and/or go to college in Galway? Hon the banter! #banter #Mexico #buildTheWall See ye Sunday"
Arent' ye lucky...we bring our hard work, education, labour and culture to Galway....sure without us Galway would be a dull place ;) Up Mayo!

yew_tree (National) - 09/06/2017 14:11:24

NEUTRALS:Who do you WANT to win - Tyrone v Mayo - 4 Like(s)
I could give a few stories about "fans" from other counties including Galway, Meath, Cork, Dublin but if you allow it to cloud your judgement on a whole county forever it's very sad indeed. Every county has clowns and some people get carried away in the moment. As for Mayo fan's jeering Donegal supporters in 2013...well that's sad if happened cause we know exactly what getting hammered is like.

yew_tree (National) - 04/08/2016 16:16:47

Mayo v Derry - 4 Like(s)

Replying To Llaw_Gyffes:  "Mayo are really starting to feel the pinch with injuries at the minute. We started the Galway game minus three Allstars and lost another to a red card. Two more Allstars went off injured in club games at the weekend. We really don't have replacements of the same calibre and could be very vulnerable against Derry. On the plus side we are due one or two refereeing decisions going our way after all the ones that have gone against us over the years. Maybe we'll get a bit of well deserved luck for a change!"
Can't agree with that. Luck goes with and against you. EVERY team experiences it.

yew_tree (National) - 23/06/2017 13:33:27

Aidan O'Shea's Comments - 4 Like(s)
Some people just love to hate Aidan O Se no matter what he does or says. He was asked a question and answered it. I don't see any discussion on the airways. While my view is he should probably keep a lower profile, who am I to judge what he does or how he makes a few pound. Irish people are begrudging by nature and except too much from amateur players.

yew_tree (National) - 03/05/2017 21:09:24

RTE trying to silence critcs of SKY etc. - 4 Like(s)
RTE have delayed coverage in the past where the first game went to ET. What were sky to do? A whinge for the sake of it

yew_tree (National) - 24/07/2017 07:29:24

Galway vs Mayo Hard Battle - 4 Like(s)
Congrats Galway...worthy winners. Our Connacht winning streak could not last forever and fair dues ye deserves the win. Beware the written off team...best of luck in the Connacht final

yew_tree (National) - 18/06/2016 21:45:56