National - Hurling All Stars 2017

Replying To tiobraid:  "In my (probably biased opinion). My front runners for hurler of the year would be 1. Jamie Barron and I couldn't split McInerney, Moran and Maher out side of that. I've been to a hell of a lot of games this year and there is no one else I can think of who were consistently as good in every championship game as these lads. Probably a bit harsh maybe on Whelan and Connors though....
But that's 5 players who I'll be shocked if they aren't on the All Star team."
Barron is my HOTY, I think McInerney and David Burke have to be nailed on as All-Stars too, they would be my shortlist for HOTY but a lot of people would want Whelan in the shortlist. Padraic Maher was really good in every game he played this year. Whelan and Conor Cooney will surely get All-Stars too, Cooney may not have been as free scoring in the final as other games but the scores he got were at important times during the final. Moran was very good from the Kilkenny game onwards and should definitely pick up an All-Star too.

The team will be heavily weighted towards Galway because they were so impressive in every game this year.

Killarney.87 (Tipperary) - Posts:2045 - 08/09/2017 18:14:09   2044256

Link

Joe Canning would be my pick for hurler of the year.He's been very good since the league quarter final V Waterford.

Barnowl94 (Galway) - Posts:2880 - 13/09/2017 15:38:59   2045677

Link