National - Myth of Dublin club football

Replying To Whammo86:  "Where did that rant come from.

Anyway there are plenty of well resourced clubs in Dublin, Parnell's, Brigid's, Vincent's, Na Fianna, Kilmacud. Ballymun are due to resurface their Astro pitch to the tune of €200k.
There are also plenty of poorly resourced clubs in other counties.

What was your bloody point, anyway.

The GAA is pretty damn good at getting funding and at putting together facilities for themselves all across the country. You know what, there's nothing wrong with that. They're pretty happy to put money into facilities in Dublin also.

There's also plenty of time and effort spent on coaching outside of Dublin. Not all of it's thrown away on pitches and club houses, which also,by the way, can provide returns on the investment.

Rural GAA clubs are also reliant on having their own facilities as there just aren't council/corporation pitches available to them."
The point is it's constantly thrown that Dublin clubs have state of the art grounds and a wash with money which is ridiculous as most of them clubs you see in Dublin have only got grounds of their own in the last decade never mind covered areas for spectators or electronic scoreboards.
just look at the otherside of the Dublin border in ashbourne they have a state of the art set up grounds. Go the otherside of Dublin to Wicklow side and see the set up bray emmets have in place.
Dublin clubs are only playing catch up when comes to facilities not flush with huge budgets like some outside would love to believe

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts:11932 - 24/04/2017 07:57:05   1982060

Link

Two teams awash with great facilities in Dublin ourselves and Thomas Davis are also awash with huge debt , our club trying for two years to negotiate repayments interest only etc pi77 myself laughing at some of the comments

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts:3997 - 24/04/2017 09:39:51   1982095

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "The point is it's constantly thrown that Dublin clubs have state of the art grounds and a wash with money which is ridiculous as most of them clubs you see in Dublin have only got grounds of their own in the last decade never mind covered areas for spectators or electronic scoreboards.
just look at the otherside of the Dublin border in ashbourne they have a state of the art set up grounds. Go the otherside of Dublin to Wicklow side and see the set up bray emmets have in place.
Dublin clubs are only playing catch up when comes to facilities not flush with huge budgets like some outside would love to believe"
Hill did you know Bray Emmetts grounds are in Dublin ? There's a bit of information for ya.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts:8493 - 24/04/2017 09:45:25   1982097

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "Two teams awash with great facilities in Dublin ourselves and Thomas Davis are also awash with huge debt , our club trying for two years to negotiate repayments interest only etc pi77 myself laughing at some of the comments"
Same as every club really Damo , Towers the exact same. I think the towers senior players should give back their free Range Rovers they got from the club its crippling us.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts:8493 - 24/04/2017 09:54:38   1982103

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "The point is it's constantly thrown that Dublin clubs have state of the art grounds and a wash with money which is ridiculous as most of them clubs you see in Dublin have only got grounds of their own in the last decade never mind covered areas for spectators or electronic scoreboards.
Dublin clubs are only playing catch up when comes to facilities not flush with huge budgets like some outside would love to believe"
Well why go on the defensive when nobody brought it up here. It's just weird.

The point is about the Dublin championship structure which in my opinion is an absolute disaster. They have some great clubs in Dublin but the structure of the competition is one of the worst around.

realman2 (Kildare) - Posts:452 - 24/04/2017 10:24:17   1982115

Link

Replying To realman2:  "Well why go on the defensive when nobody brought it up here. It's just weird.

The point is about the Dublin championship structure which in my opinion is an absolute disaster. They have some great clubs in Dublin but the structure of the competition is one of the worst around."
The point was brought up that Dublin clubs work off budgets that country clubs can only envy and I responded to that point which is a myth in itself

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts:11932 - 24/04/2017 18:59:17   1982321

Link

On the Dublin championship structure I don't see the problem or the fuss being made just because boden got knocked out. Plunketts and kilmacud crokes have bought suffered first round defeats and went into the b championship over last few years. It's a cut throat championship that's what makes it so competitive with about 8-10 teams capable of winning it.
I think last week's round of fixtures going regardless of under 21s availability is the way forward and should be introduced that championship goes ahead regardless of senior county players availability aswell as I'm sick of people whinging about the club game loosing out and being held up because of the all ireland championship at inter county, simple solution play the club championships in a master fixtures list, this buisness of holding it up for four months or more to facilitate a club that may have one player on county teams is ridiculous, that player is playing away while the other 24 or 25 in the club are made wait for him. If a non county player had a holiday booked for the day of a championship game do you think the county board a would postpone games as quick.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts:11932 - 24/04/2017 19:07:37   1982324

Link