Leitrim Forum

Division 4 - National League

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

GAA have confirmed the game is a 3pm throw in with Meath and Donegal played after it with a 5pm throw in.

Don't agree that the team that played London should necessarily be the team that starts. Put the best team we can out there and if that means fellas who played in the first 5 games don't start then so be it.

SeanMacDiarmada (Leitrim) - Posts: 280 - 24/03/2019 19:10:58    2174877

Link

Replying To Chipstix:  "So am I right in thinking the NFL Div 4 final will go ahead at 3pm on Saturday with the Div 2 Final to follow?"
That's right Leitrim v Derry on at 3 followed by Meath v Donegal at 5.

green.and.gold (Leitrim) - Posts: 356 - 24/03/2019 19:14:24    2174880

Link

Whoever starts, starts and let's all get behind them. They've brought serious pride back to the Leitrim jersey. Cannot wait for next weekend.

FatRef (Leitrim) - Posts: 12 - 24/03/2019 20:23:48    2174935

Link

Replying To FatRef:  "Whoever starts, starts and let's all get behind them. They've brought serious pride back to the Leitrim jersey. Cannot wait for next weekend."
Well said fatref, no negativity but positivity this week I'm sure every player on the panel has put there body through a lot Since last October to get here,so let's do are part and support whatever players represent us on Saturday Leitrim abu

hurricane567 (Leitrim) - Posts: 34 - 24/03/2019 21:30:17    2174986

Link

Looking to Saturday this looks to be the players in contention and dead certs to start
1. McKiernan/McCrann
2. Maguire
3.M McWeeny
4. A Flynn/ Renoylds
5. Quinn
6.Plunkett
7.Mulvey
8.Moran
9. Dolan/McGovern/Cullen
10. S.McWeeny/ Plunkett/ McGovern/Rooney
11. Mulligan/Heslin/
12. D Flynn
13. O Rourke
14. Sweeney
15. Dolan/ Plunkett

Champotime18 (Leitrim) - Posts: 146 - 24/03/2019 23:32:30    2175049

Link

Terry and Co will pick a team he thinks has the best chance of winning. That's good enough for me.

moesyzlack (USA) - Posts: 143 - 25/03/2019 07:55:54    2175109

Link

Big concern from the weekend was the amount of goal chances that a poor Waterford team created and scored two, could easily have had 5 or 6 only for Mc Crann. Big decision on who starts in nets next week.
My question is where was our sweeper, positionally all over the place and the objective of the role is to cut out fast ball inside and be an extra man back to cut out the over lap but all year i think our sweeper has struggled and its unfortunate we havent tried anyone else in this position as i think it's our weak spot. Limerick also walked through us and Derry will have this weakness exposed in the big pitch next week Mark my words.

Emlyns kick passing Saturday showed what a real play maker can bring to the team, i believe he should start no. 11 I thought Cullen was very good but I felt Flynn and Dolan were poor against a poor Waterford team. Big calls to be made regarding selection and with the division 2 final on afterwards there will be a big crowd inHQ so I hope the occasion doesn't get to the lads

harleys (Leitrim) - Posts: 282 - 25/03/2019 08:43:17    2175117

Link

Replying To harleys:  "Big concern from the weekend was the amount of goal chances that a poor Waterford team created and scored two, could easily have had 5 or 6 only for Mc Crann. Big decision on who starts in nets next week.
My question is where was our sweeper, positionally all over the place and the objective of the role is to cut out fast ball inside and be an extra man back to cut out the over lap but all year i think our sweeper has struggled and its unfortunate we havent tried anyone else in this position as i think it's our weak spot. Limerick also walked through us and Derry will have this weakness exposed in the big pitch next week Mark my words.

Emlyns kick passing Saturday showed what a real play maker can bring to the team, i believe he should start no. 11 I thought Cullen was very good but I felt Flynn and Dolan were poor against a poor Waterford team. Big calls to be made regarding selection and with the division 2 final on afterwards there will be a big crowd inHQ so I hope the occasion doesn't get to the lads"
I was t the match Saturday and I agree with you about Mulligan but I thought he should have been taken off before the end he looked a little tired, I thought he made a big difference!

1969LEITRIM (Leitrim) - Posts: 6 - 25/03/2019 10:00:56    2175155

Link

Replying To harleys:  "Big concern from the weekend was the amount of goal chances that a poor Waterford team created and scored two, could easily have had 5 or 6 only for Mc Crann. Big decision on who starts in nets next week.

Emlyns kick passing Saturday showed what a real play maker can bring to the team, i believe he should start no. 11 I thought Cullen was very good but I felt Flynn and Dolan were poor against a poor Waterford team. Big calls to be made regarding selection and with the division 2 final on afterwards there will be a big crowd inHQ so I hope the occasion doesn't get to the lads"
It's been a concern since the Wicklow game and we have persisted with similar since then. Conceded countless chances against Wicklow. Should have been Two goals down against Antrim and could have conceded three goals against Limerick yet it's our only real concern to be honest. We've changed positions all over the field bar our sweeper and it is slightly worrying.

FatRef (Leitrim) - Posts: 12 - 25/03/2019 10:58:10    2175191

Link

Replying To 1969LEITRIM:  "I was t the match Saturday and I agree with you about Mulligan but I thought he should have been taken off before the end he looked a little tired, I thought he made a big difference!"
I must say I think it would be madness to even consider starting Mulligan on Saturday. You say he looked tired last Saturday- that is on a tight pitch against a very poor team like Waterford, yet he should start against the best team in the division in the biggest pitch around?? He won't last the pace and will be absolutely shown up- do not think ye would want that for him to be shown up on the biggest stage??

In my humble opinion he should not start- maybe introduced later in the game coz if he starts he definitely will not last the whole game! There is not a hope he will...............I doubt ferry hyland reads these pages but if he does I would wonder what he thinks!!

tashy (Roscommon) - Posts: 94 - 25/03/2019 11:06:24    2175194

Link

Replying To 1969LEITRIM:  "I was t the match Saturday and I agree with you about Mulligan but I thought he should have been taken off before the end he looked a little tired, I thought he made a big difference!"
As a nice poster reminded me previously here about London, Watersfjord are no world beaters, we need fast players in Croak Park and no holding up of play. Trust the lads that got us there! If things aren't working change it up as I know Terry would!

spiritofeslin (Leitrim) - Posts: 136 - 25/03/2019 11:17:03    2175199

Link

Replying To tashy:  "I must say I think it would be madness to even consider starting Mulligan on Saturday. You say he looked tired last Saturday- that is on a tight pitch against a very poor team like Waterford, yet he should start against the best team in the division in the biggest pitch around?? He won't last the pace and will be absolutely shown up- do not think ye would want that for him to be shown up on the biggest stage??

In my humble opinion he should not start- maybe introduced later in the game coz if he starts he definitely will not last the whole game! There is not a hope he will...............I doubt ferry hyland reads these pages but if he does I would wonder what he thinks!!"
Páirc Seán is 2 or 3 metres narrower than Croke park. That's it. I'm pretty sure Croke Park is not even close to the biggest pitch in ireland.

So neither is Carrick a tight pitch nor is Croke Park the huge ground everyone speaks about.

Hopefully Terry uses google to check the size of Croke park and not these pages.

Hudhastings (Leitrim) - Posts: 87 - 25/03/2019 11:36:18    2175209

Link

Replying To Hudhastings:  "Páirc Seán is 2 or 3 metres narrower than Croke park. That's it. I'm pretty sure Croke Park is not even close to the biggest pitch in ireland.

So neither is Carrick a tight pitch nor is Croke Park the huge ground everyone speaks about.

Hopefully Terry uses google to check the size of Croke park and not these pages."
I think tashy is right but I have a different idea that it is a different baste playing in a boggy field in Kinlough, Manorhamilton, Aughavas or Carrick to the fast hard ground of Crork park. It isn't just about the dimensions. All depends on how Derry approach it. If they park the bus then slow players could benefit, but if they use the hard ground to their advantage then we need to meet them at their own game with fast nappy players driving at their defensive divisions.

spiritofeslin (Leitrim) - Posts: 136 - 25/03/2019 11:53:53    2175215

Link

Replying To Hudhastings:  "Páirc Seán is 2 or 3 metres narrower than Croke park. That's it. I'm pretty sure Croke Park is not even close to the biggest pitch in ireland.

Hopefully Terry uses google to check the size of Croke park and not these pages."
Carrick is a tight pitch!! Course it is. some would argue Croke Park is bigger by a good bit. As for Terry using google to check he has been there often enough to know what it takes to win and I am sure he will pick the team best equipped to do that. He has a good record and he knows the game. We always hated playing in Carrick coz it is much tighter than the Hyde and so to speak it narrowed down the margins between us. We couldn't always play our usual game there as pitch is too tight

tashy (Roscommon) - Posts: 94 - 25/03/2019 12:04:29    2175222

Link

Trying to buy tickets on gaa website (2 adults and 2 under 16) but this option only seems to be available for cusack stand. Hogan stand is the place to be by all accounts, anyone any idea why you can't purchase u16 tickets for Hogan stand? Maybe you can thorough retail outlets I.e. supervalu?

LM4SAM (Leitrim) - Posts: 6 - 25/03/2019 12:15:07    2175227

Link

Replying To tashy:  "Carrick is a tight pitch!! Course it is. some would argue Croke Park is bigger by a good bit. As for Terry using google to check he has been there often enough to know what it takes to win and I am sure he will pick the team best equipped to do that. He has a good record and he knows the game. We always hated playing in Carrick coz it is much tighter than the Hyde and so to speak it narrowed down the margins between us. We couldn't always play our usual game there as pitch is too tight"
Roscommon.. Dr Hyde Park..................... 145 x 90 13,050
Dublin........... Croke Park........................ 145 x 88 12,716
Leitrim.......... Pairc Sean Mac Diarmada.. 142 x 87 12,300
Mayo........... McHale Park....................... 137 x 82 11,234

Not a huge difference between Pairc Sean and The Hyde or Croker. As someone who did enough laps around the place I can vouch it's plenty big enough. Hated playing in Carrick. I've heard it all now seeing as we've beaten ye more often in The Hyde then in Carrick (which wasn't too often either)

I'd be leaning to start Mulligan in the inside forward line myself somewhere. His movement is class and himself and Ryan could cause serious problems in there. Think we'll need to score a lot as we'll concede a lot I feel.

SeanMacDiarmada (Leitrim) - Posts: 280 - 25/03/2019 12:57:05    2175243

Link

Replying To SeanMacDiarmada:  "Roscommon.. Dr Hyde Park..................... 145 x 90 13,050
Dublin........... Croke Park........................ 145 x 88 12,716
Leitrim.......... Pairc Sean Mac Diarmada.. 142 x 87 12,300
Mayo........... McHale Park....................... 137 x 82 11,234

Not a huge difference between Pairc Sean and The Hyde or Croker. As someone who did enough laps around the place I can vouch it's plenty big enough. Hated playing in Carrick. I've heard it all now seeing as we've beaten ye more often in The Hyde then in Carrick (which wasn't too often either)

I'd be leaning to start Mulligan in the inside forward line myself somewhere. His movement is class and himself and Ryan could cause serious problems in there. Think we'll need to score a lot as we'll concede a lot I feel."
All the times we played ye I never saw this "class" movement you refer to from Mulligan- he always seemed slow and cumbersome. Maybe at division four level he might get away with it??

tashy (Roscommon) - Posts: 94 - 25/03/2019 13:28:57    2175260

Link

Replying To tashy:  "All the times we played ye I never saw this "class" movement you refer to from Mulligan- he always seemed slow and cumbersome. Maybe at division four level he might get away with it??"
Have you ever posted on your own counties page?

SeanMacDiarmada (Leitrim) - Posts: 280 - 25/03/2019 15:11:37    2175318

Link

Thanks to the lads who confirmed game details. Was getting worried it would he moved and I'd have to book new flights.

On wheter to start Mulligan surely he'd be on the frees if he was to start and therefore would have taken the frees against Waterford? Seems strange to have O'Rouke take them unless Terry was planning not to start Mulligan

Chipstix (Leitrim) - Posts: 7 - 25/03/2019 16:51:39    2175353

Link

Replying To spiritofeslin:  "As a nice poster reminded me previously here about London, Watersfjord are no world beaters, we need fast players in Croak Park and no holding up of play. Trust the lads that got us there! If things aren't working change it up as I know Terry would!"
What we all need is for you to learn how to spell!!!

coldfeet (Leitrim) - Posts: 53 - 25/03/2019 18:46:24    2175378

Link