Leitrim Forum

Division 4 - National League

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Hudhastings:  "I'm baffled as to why everyone one of your posts seem to be about Emyln Mulligan.

Looking back at the last two games we didn't play overly well. Perhaps nerves were a factor. Especially in the forward line. I'm sure Terry and Co are well able to make their own minds up anyway."
I agree with you hudhastings, the poster seems to be slating emyln on all his posts, i feel this has some history as a motive , maybe emyln scored a few too many points against his club , but as all loyal leitrim fans do , dey get behind every player that represent the county.

coldfeet (Leitrim) - Posts: 53 - 12/03/2019 22:10:39    2171951

Link

Replying To coldfeet:  "I agree with you hudhastings, the poster seems to be slating emyln on all his posts, i feel this has some history as a motive , maybe emyln scored a few too many points against his club , but as all loyal leitrim fans do , dey get behind every player that represent the county."
Nonsense. If a player was consistently in top form and fitness and scoring well I'd say pick him. But I fundamentally disagree with picking a player to START a final who didn't have any contribution to the team making the final. I'm not a cheerleader for any player. I just want Leitrim to win with the best team available. No history, no motive, no club rivalry.

spiritofeslin (Leitrim) - Posts: 136 - 13/03/2019 09:24:48    2171989

Link

Replying To spiritofeslin:  "Nonsense. If a player was consistently in top form and fitness and scoring well I'd say pick him. But I fundamentally disagree with picking a player to START a final who didn't have any contribution to the team making the final. I'm not a cheerleader for any player. I just want Leitrim to win with the best team available. No history, no motive, no club rivalry."
I obviously do not know Mulligan personally but I agree with you, I do not think he should start against Derry in the final- would send out the wrong message completely. I think that you should not change a winning team, plus at his age and all the injuries etc that he has had he would not last seventy minutes and it would be foolhardy to try and start him and have him coming of with twenty minutes to go. Personally I think youth is the way ye should go- that is what got ye to the final so why change it???

tashy (Roscommon) - Posts: 94 - 13/03/2019 10:02:41    2171994

Link

Trashy is correct.Emlyn has to play his way into the team over the next 2 games if he wants to start in the final,I doubt he could last 70 mins anyway.

moesyzlack (USA) - Posts: 143 - 13/03/2019 13:34:32    2172042

Link

Would people calm down please, absolute rubbish on here the past few days and talking ourselves into trouble when there is none.

MagnumPIG (Leitrim) - Posts: 120 - 14/03/2019 09:46:43    2172176

Link

Replying To MagnumPIG:  "Would people calm down please, absolute rubbish on here the past few days and talking ourselves into trouble when there is none."
I agree, the hullabaloo over a bit player in the team's success was rather diversionary

spiritofeslin (Leitrim) - Posts: 136 - 14/03/2019 13:12:37    2172213

Link

Didn't get to Derry today but from what I heard on the radio we were over ran for 20 minutes in the second half. Anyone up at the game ? Was 9 changes to a winning team too much? Wouldn't be overly worried but would be important to get back to winning ways against Waterford next weekend, don't want to be going into the final on the back of 2 defeats.

green.and.gold (Leitrim) - Posts: 356 - 16/03/2019 21:05:47    2172786

Link

Derry were resting a few bucks similar to us and brought them on at half time. We played well in the first half but took a bit of time to readjust in the second half. I think the players who sat it out will be happiest. Rooney caught a few nice marks in the first half and then the usual suspects were the pick of the bunch

MagnumPIG (Leitrim) - Posts: 120 - 16/03/2019 23:55:18    2172891

Link

Replying To spiritofeslin:  "I agree, the hullabaloo over a bit player in the team's success was rather diversionary"
I wonder are you going to croke park for the final??? If leitrim win we can look for to all the positive comments from the real supporters on this forum but if they loose no doubt you will have plenty of negativity post on this forum after, particularly against players. Leitrim abu!!!

coldfeet (Leitrim) - Posts: 53 - 17/03/2019 11:07:18    2172975

Link

Replying To coldfeet:  "I wonder are you going to croke park for the final??? If leitrim win we can look for to all the positive comments from the real supporters on this forum but if they loose no doubt you will have plenty of negativity post on this forum after, particularly against players. Leitrim abu!!!"
It's hardly beyond reason to point out that Leitrim should start their best team... Mulligan has been a great servant to Leitrim football but that alone is hardly a reason to start a lad. Anyhow, it's a nonsense to even bring it up as an 'issue'. We all want Leitrim to win with the best 15 possible.

Square_B (Leitrim) - Posts: 120 - 17/03/2019 12:11:10    2173007

Link

Eddie 1 here

Just a practice run for the real game in Croker .Can't show our hand too soon

See you in Carrick next weekend

Do we play our first team or do we experiment next weekend?

As followers will know herself has certain loyalties to specific players

The team to play in Croker will be interesting

Anyway

Eddie 1
Up Leitrim

Eddie1 (Leitrim) - Posts: 216 - 17/03/2019 14:28:01    2173047

Link

I watched on with interest to see how the fringe players would do for ye at the weekend. Little bit disappointed if I am honest that they did not do better- from what I heard no player who came in did themselves any favours really. I would be very surprised if Hyland changed the team for the final- he will revert to what got them there. In saying all that it was nice for some other lads to get a run out in a meaningless type of game.

tashy (Roscommon) - Posts: 94 - 19/03/2019 11:49:20    2173649

Link

Replying To coldfeet:  "I wonder are you going to croke park for the final??? If leitrim win we can look for to all the positive comments from the real supporters on this forum but if they loose no doubt you will have plenty of negativity post on this forum after, particularly against players. Leitrim abu!!!"
I shall be there indeed. I don't understand what you mean by real supporters, I have plenty of positive comments up would you. I haven't even thought about them losing, unlike yourself, as that is a negative type post, one which the team of young lads who brought us to a national final don't deserve to read.
And indeed the manager doesn't deserve your negativity either about it. He is around long enough not to be codded by PR driven stuff, of that I am positive.

spiritofeslin (Leitrim) - Posts: 136 - 19/03/2019 11:54:48    2173653

Link

Replying To spiritofeslin:  "I shall be there indeed. I don't understand what you mean by real supporters, I have plenty of positive comments up would you. I haven't even thought about them losing, unlike yourself, as that is a negative type post, one which the team of young lads who brought us to a national final don't deserve to read.
And indeed the manager doesn't deserve your negativity either about it. He is around long enough not to be codded by PR driven stuff, of that I am positive."
Finally your being positive , good man you can join the rest of us now in hill 16 !!! You might organise a photo for the rest of us with the manager after the game , seeing you know him so well !!!

coldfeet (Leitrim) - Posts: 53 - 19/03/2019 17:45:17    2173760

Link

Replying To coldfeet:  "Finally your being positive , good man you can join the rest of us now in hill 16 !!! You might organise a photo for the rest of us with the manager after the game , seeing you know him so well !!!"
I doubt hill 16 will be opened to be honest, they don't usually open it for games that will have attendances under 30k. I'm sure Terry would be more than happy to take pics with anyone but would probably want to concentrate on getting home after the game as soon as possible. Perhaps you could go to a training session and get a selfie?

spiritofeslin (Leitrim) - Posts: 136 - 19/03/2019 18:45:16    2173770

Link

Replying To spiritofeslin:  "I doubt hill 16 will be opened to be honest, they don't usually open it for games that will have attendances under 30k. I'm sure Terry would be more than happy to take pics with anyone but would probably want to concentrate on getting home after the game as soon as possible. Perhaps you could go to a training session and get a selfie?"
I think the sarcasm got you there buddy in fairness. Lighten up would you. Some would argue that the game may not be in Croke Park after all so you need not worry about it. I sink it would be a shame but hopefully it won't come to that. I just hope that Mulligan gets a few minutes in the final, but it would have to be if ye were leading comfortably. What will the team be like this weekend??

tashy (Roscommon) - Posts: 94 - 20/03/2019 11:58:56    2173902

Link

Talk is now that the game may not go ahead in Croke park as div 3 won't be finished with Westmeath having a game in hand. The alternative is play the div 4 final as a double header with the hurling final or play a triple header on Sunday? Maybe results in div 3 this weekend will determine who plays the final anyway

Champotime18 (Leitrim) - Posts: 146 - 20/03/2019 13:16:20    2173928

Link

All depends how the games in Division 3 fare out this weekend. If the Westmeath Offaly game has to be played to determine who is in the final then the Division 4 final will be played on the Saturday along with the Division 2 final. The Division 1 finals in both codes will be played on the Sunday. The Division 4 final will not be moved away from Croke Park.

MadAboutLeitrim (Leitrim) - Posts: 16 - 20/03/2019 14:25:45    2173949

Link

Replying To MadAboutLeitrim:  "All depends how the games in Division 3 fare out this weekend. If the Westmeath Offaly game has to be played to determine who is in the final then the Division 4 final will be played on the Saturday along with the Division 2 final. The Division 1 finals in both codes will be played on the Sunday. The Division 4 final will not be moved away from Croke Park."
It's crucial you're right about this. We need the young stars of Leitrim on the public stage

spiritofeslin (Leitrim) - Posts: 136 - 20/03/2019 14:39:55    2173956

Link

Just a quick question. Anybody know how much the tickets are for the match.

Ouryear (Leitrim) - Posts: 250 - 20/03/2019 21:56:47    2174069

Link