National Forum

Donegal V Fermanagh Ulster SFC Final 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Donegal look to be in flying form and on paper should have far too much scoring firepower for Fermanagh. I like Donegal, but God it'd be great if Fermanagh can do it.

essmac (Tyrone) - Posts: 435 - 19/06/2018 16:54:54    2113141

Link

It will be a test of the sort Donegal haven't come up against before but they can't say they haven't been warned & will have had a good look at Fermanagh's defensive set up which is what their game plan is built on.

Scoring from long range will be important for Donegal & if they manage to build up a bit of a lead then Fermanagh will have to come out & have a go.

Donegal by 5 if they get their game plan right.

MuckrossHead (Donegal) - Posts: 4519 - 19/06/2018 17:06:14    2113145

Link

I'd agree with the general theme of the comments. The start is crucial and if Donegal get a 5/6 point lead it will be very difficult to see Fermanagh coming back. I expect us to start similar to the Monaghan game; contain and frustrate. Donegal have more players with the ability to kick points from 45 meters +. This may force our defensive line to set out 10 yards or so and open up gaps for McBrearty and Brennan. It'll be interesting to see how Rory manages this.
The quality of the Donegal full back line appears to be an advantage that Fermanagh need to exploit. I also think the lack of McGee will force McGlynn to limit his runs forward (IMO he's every bit if not more dangerous than McHugh going forward).
I can see a few changes to our starting lineup and perhaps slightly bias I think we have the personnel to contain and hurt Donegal. If we can limit Donegal to 12 points and improve our conversion rate I believe we will do it.

I suspect that goals could prove crucial.

In Rory we trust!

ErneExile (Fermanagh) - Posts: 9 - 19/06/2018 20:04:28    2113182

Link

Looks like it's going to be a sellout on Sunday. With weather forecast good clones will be buzzing Sunday. Our last two finals were sellouts too but it was two dissapointing days. Having followed donegal all my life to win this one would be special . But it's not going to be easy. The lure of that first ulster will make them a dangerous team.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 363 - 19/06/2018 20:09:58    2113183

Link