National Forum

Is Leinster Football Dead And Buried?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Congratulations to my county . 8 in a row equalling Kerry's 8 in a row. Props to Laois for having a cut & not sitting back.

Jackeen (Dublin) - Posts: 3393 - 24/06/2018 17:50:29    2114269

Link

Better 2nd half performance

Jack did very well - very important to have him back. Makes a huge difference

Good impact from Costello and really I'm not sure why Andrews is getting so many starts.

Overall 6/10 from Dublin

Poor finishing for goals yet again and poor wides in first half

Overall most pleasing aspect for me was Evan Comefords performance and even not playing very well still winning by 18pts is impressive

Lots to improve on

The team that started today won't be winning an AI though

Need Jack, Cian and a forward rejigger in there to bring them on to championship winning level

All to play for this year despite the doom and groomers best efforts

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 18200 - 24/06/2018 18:01:25    2114274

Link

Replying To Greengrass:  "Most certainly. Leinster has gone from being the flagship province to being a competitive desert."
Don't know what you're talking about; all the dubs I've spoken to tell me it's the most competitive province in the country, maybe even the whole world. And wasn't Ronaldo heard say, just the other day, that if Portugal do well in the World Cup they might consider taking the step up to Leinster next year?

And didn't Laois do well? Fair play to them, they were able to find their way to Croker and didn't get beaten by a million points.

festinog (Galway) - Posts: 2347 - 24/06/2018 18:18:01    2114282

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "Better 2nd half performance

Good impact from Costello and really I'm not sure why Andrews is getting so many starts.

Overall 6/10 from Dublin

Overall most pleasing aspect for me was Evan Comefords performance and even not playing very well still winning by 18pts is impressive

Lots to improve on

Need Jack, Cian and a forward rejigger in there to bring them on to championship winning level

All to play for this year despite the doom and groomers best efforts"
Agreed, those groomers will have to do better.

festinog (Galway) - Posts: 2347 - 24/06/2018 19:00:32    2114297

Link

Replying To festinog:  "Don't know what you're talking about; all the dubs I've spoken to tell me it's the most competitive province in the country, maybe even the whole world. And wasn't Ronaldo heard say, just the other day, that if Portugal do well in the World Cup they might consider taking the step up to Leinster next year?

And didn't Laois do well? Fair play to them, they were able to find their way to Croker and didn't get beaten by a million points."
Yeah and it's much easier to win too when the opposition can't find the posts from play in the whole second half, but sure in a competitive province that wouldn't happen. Especially in a final. .........oh wait!!

kildare73 (Kildare) - Posts: 561 - 24/06/2018 22:13:36    2114387

Link

Replying To kildare73:  "Yeah and it's much easier to win too when the opposition can't find the posts from play in the whole second half, but sure in a competitive province that wouldn't happen. Especially in a final. .........oh wait!!"
You're right. There's absolutely no argument to be made that Leinster isn't as competitive as every other province. Dublin have struggled to maintain their winning margins in every single game they've played; sure didn't they only manage a single goal today? Kildare will catch them any day now. Any day.

festinog (Galway) - Posts: 2347 - 24/06/2018 23:01:51    2114421

Link

Replying To kildare73:  "Yeah and it's much easier to win too when the opposition can't find the posts from play in the whole second half, but sure in a competitive province that wouldn't happen. Especially in a final. .........oh wait!!"
Touché!

lilylanger (Kildare) - Posts: 10 - 24/06/2018 23:07:12    2114428

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "Better 2nd half performance

Overall 6/10 from Dublin

Lots to improve on

All to play for this year despite the doom and groomers best efforts"
Jaysus for a man on the Hill, your on your phone a lot

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 3639 - 24/06/2018 23:32:23    2114442

Link

Replying To festinog:  "You're right. There's absolutely no argument to be made that Leinster isn't as competitive as every other province. Dublin have struggled to maintain their winning margins in every single game they've played; sure didn't they only manage a single goal today? Kildare will catch them any day now. Any day."
Seeing as you didn't address my comment I take it you agree. You worry about your crowd catching Dublin, same as every other county in the country does, and Kildare people will worry about Kildare.

kildare73 (Kildare) - Posts: 561 - 24/06/2018 23:47:58    2114448

Link

It is only in the last 10 years that it has become one-sided and that is only a senior level. At underage very competitive, so after 10 years of one team we should kill it?

Munster has had only one team for a 100 years.

Leinster will get back to competitive again when the other's get their finger out and this Dublin team fade anyway.

witnof (Dublin) - Posts: 1251 - 25/06/2018 07:03:31    2114481

Link