National Forum

Leinster Hurling Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To PeggyShippen:  "21000 double what was in Wexford park."
yeah,still sounds a bit low for this munster championship which tourists think of when they think of ireland......

perfect10 (Wexford) - Posts: 2380 - 25/05/2018 12:36:34    2103775

Link

Replying To perfect10:  "yeah,still sounds a bit low for this munster championship which tourists think of when they think of ireland......"
Strawberries are still abit sour I see. The Munster Championship being a bigger competition than the rest of Ireland championship isn't even a debate. Why is this even an issue. You could knock about 10 all irelands off Kilkenny if they had to come through Munster over the decades, through the attrittional nature of having 5 strong counties almost all the time.
Lets leave that aside and focus on the feast of hurling in store over the next few weeks. I'm sure Wexford will be in the thick of it.

PeggyShippen (Limerick) - Posts: 188 - 25/05/2018 13:07:31    2103778

Link

Replying To PeggyShippen:  "Strawberries are still abit sour I see. The Munster Championship being a bigger competition than the rest of Ireland championship isn't even a debate. Why is this even an issue. You could knock about 10 all irelands off Kilkenny if they had to come through Munster over the decades, through the attrittional nature of having 5 strong counties almost all the time.
Lets leave that aside and focus on the feast of hurling in store over the next few weeks. I'm sure Wexford will be in the thick of it."
Peggy, are your posts genuine or are you just another internet troll, a successful one at that? To say KK would've had ten less AI's if they'd been in Munster is beyond laughable. Been quite a while since a Munster team has one more than one in a row. This holding on to the past glory days of the Munster Championship is getting silly. Great teams in Munster*, but your comment is quite a stretch.

* I'm loving the current Limerick team though, some fight in them boys that's not in any doubt.

Gowran_Yank (Kilkenny) - Posts: 15 - 25/05/2018 14:12:15    2103784

Link

Replying To Gowran_Yank:  "Peggy, are your posts genuine or are you just another internet troll, a successful one at that? To say KK would've had ten less AI's if they'd been in Munster is beyond laughable. Been quite a while since a Munster team has one more than one in a row. This holding on to the past glory days of the Munster Championship is getting silly. Great teams in Munster*, but your comment is quite a stretch.

* I'm loving the current Limerick team though, some fight in them boys that's not in any doubt."
he is just a wind up merchant.

perfect10 (Wexford) - Posts: 2380 - 25/05/2018 14:39:28    2103786

Link

Replying To PeggyShippen:  "Strawberries are still abit sour I see. The Munster Championship being a bigger competition than the rest of Ireland championship isn't even a debate. Why is this even an issue. You could knock about 10 all irelands off Kilkenny if they had to come through Munster over the decades, through the attrittional nature of having 5 strong counties almost all the time.
Lets leave that aside and focus on the feast of hurling in store over the next few weeks. I'm sure Wexford will be in the thick of it."
"Strawberries are still abit sour I see." They may be sour, but there not hallucinogenic.

You could knock about 10 all irelands off Kilkenny if they had to come through Munster over the decades, through the attrittional nature of having 5 strong counties almost all the time.

The top five Munster Champions by county: Cork 52, Tipp 42, Limerick 19, Waterford 9, Clare 6. Hardly "having 5 strong counties almost all the time"

Cockney_Cat (UK) - Posts: 488 - 25/05/2018 15:01:55    2103792

Link

Replying To Cockney_Cat:  ""Strawberries are still abit sour I see." They may be sour, but there not hallucinogenic.

You could knock about 10 all irelands off Kilkenny if they had to come through Munster over the decades, through the attrittional nature of having 5 strong counties almost all the time.

The top five Munster Champions by county: Cork 52, Tipp 42, Limerick 19, Waterford 9, Clare 6. Hardly "having 5 strong counties almost all the time""
Cockney_Cat: Maybe Peggy means 5 strong counties as in they are hurling dominant counties. Whereas Connacht, Ulster, and Leinster are mostly loaded with football dominant counties.

Peggy: if your logic was true about KK having 10 less All Irelands if they were in Munster then my county Galway and even Antrim should have far more All Irelands as we avoided being in Munster too.

Trump2020 (Galway) - Posts: 160 - 25/05/2018 15:35:12    2103798

Link

Replying To Cockney_Cat:  ""Strawberries are still abit sour I see." They may be sour, but there not hallucinogenic.

The top five Munster Champions by county: Cork 52, Tipp 42, Limerick 19, Waterford 9, Clare 6. Hardly "having 5 strong counties almost all the time""
Your statistics for Munster championship wins is accurate but I don't see the relevance. It's a misnomer. Waterford ,Clare and Limerick would all have many more provincial championship wins if they had been in Leinster.
Look at this possible scenario if Kilkenny were in Munster over the years. Limerick away in the Gaelic grounds in the first round then Tipp away in Thurles for the semi followed by Cork away in the Munster Final. Other years the draw could be kinder obviously with home games ect. Now some of the great Kilkenny teams over the years would and could have navigated that path but they wouldn't have done it too often and they'd have a few more scars than if they were playing Offaly and Dublin. So 10 less All Ireland would probably be conservative.

PeggyShippen (Limerick) - Posts: 188 - 25/05/2018 16:05:33    2103804

Link

It's a misnomer. Waterford ,Clare and Limerick would all have many more provincial championship wins if they had been in Leinster.

On what basis do you make that statement? And you have completely contradicted yourself by the way.
Munster hurling had a glory years in the 1990's, just like Leinster, because the giants were asleep. But with the exception of that era, Tipp and Cork have dominated Munster in the same way Kilkenny have dominated Leinster.
And Wexford and Offaly were nearly men to Kilkenny in the 1980's and 1990's - Waterford, Clare and Limerick were shipping regular hammerings back then bar the odd moral victory, so that argument holds no weight either.

Pinkie (Wexford) - Posts: 4042 - 25/05/2018 16:24:32    2103809

Link