National Forum

Monaghan V Kerry

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Shelbourne:  "Good idea ! Hope the pure Monaghan air agrees with you !"
Congratulations shelbourne and all from Monaghan better team by a mile, now if I could just get out of inniskeen , I'm telling ye next year we're going to drag ye down to dingle for our league meeting :-)

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 6458 - 18/02/2018 17:02:05    2077960

Link

A good win for monaghan .well done

GGdub (Dublin) - Posts: 229 - 18/02/2018 18:58:59    2078025

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Congratulations shelbourne and all from Monaghan better team by a mile, now if I could just get out of inniskeen , I'm telling ye next year we're going to drag ye down to dingle for our league meeting :-)"
Would love to share a pint KingdomBoy in lovely Dingle...know it well. Hopefully we meet again at the business end of the season. I think your younger players will have learned a lot there today.........some lovely footballers coming through. I hope our young no 4 learns his lesson. That's his 2nd red card this season in only 3 league matches & he got red in between those for his college. Safe journey home !

Shelbourne (Monaghan) - Posts: 250 - 18/02/2018 19:00:21    2078026

Link

Replying To Shelbourne:  "Would love to share a pint KingdomBoy in lovely Dingle...know it well. Hopefully we meet again at the business end of the season. I think your younger players will have learned a lot there today.........some lovely footballers coming through. I hope our young no 4 learns his lesson. That's his 2nd red card this season in only 3 league matches & he got red in between those for his college. Safe journey home !"
I suggest you watch the coverage of "our young number 4" sending off incident.
Joke of a decision

northmonman (Monaghan) - Posts: 58 - 18/02/2018 19:36:32    2078050

Link

Replying To northmonman:  "I suggest you watch the coverage of "our young number 4" sending off incident.
Joke of a decision"
I agree no evidence to support that particular red. But can he be that unlucky in 3 of his last 4 games ? Don't get involved Barry in future...stick to football ...you're good at it !

Shelbourne (Monaghan) - Posts: 250 - 18/02/2018 20:04:26    2078068

Link

Good win, typical league performance from our lads. Mc Manus showed glimpses but is still well off the pace. Defensively very composed in the last 15 minutes after dubious sending off. I like the cut of Kerr regardless, he just needs to be a bit cuter (learn not to get caught), would get in the Dublin team if he did (no offence). Also Kearns at mid field and Boyle at FB, moving Drew out to CHB looked good.
Kerry were sub standard for DIv 1 in the first half, Ok in the second but showed a bit of naivety when an extra man up. They took their eye off the ball, sort of speak in those last 10 minutes which was testament to our lads doggedness.

Kept one eye on Clifford when he came on. The going didn't suit him, but he certainly has the stomach for a battle and the physical side of the game. Definitely one for the future and we're lucky he stayed as he could easily have made it below.
This match should stand to us next week when we face Tyrone. Blaney will be rocking

mhunicean_abu (Monaghan) - Posts: 550 - 18/02/2018 21:56:39    2078132

Link

Replying To northmonman:  "I suggest you watch the coverage of "our young number 4" sending off incident.
Joke of a decision"
What the cameras didnt pick up was the box in the jaw that Clifford got in that i incident.
I was directly across from it.
Straight red all day.

westkerry (Kerry) - Posts: 813 - 18/02/2018 21:57:27    2078133

Link