Donegal Forum

John 'The Legend' Haran

(Oldest Posts First)

I see that Haran has retired after a long and distinguished club career. Whatever people may think about him there is no denying that he has been one of the all time great club footballers and a great servant to his club. His man of the match performance at 36 years of age in the county final of 2014 must be a highlight....

LKGael (Donegal) - 05/12/2017 12:23:59    2064452

Link

John great servant and should be asked in to develop young players of the future LEGEND is the correct word.

neutral (None) - 05/12/2017 15:49:56    2064483

Link

Yeah very good interview from him on Donegal spot hub.

EP (Donegal) - 06/12/2017 15:52:47    2064548

Link

I never liked Haran but I feel that's a sign of the player he was on so many day he was the difference in losing and winning and on so many days he caused us heartbreak with his fight to the end attitude and his knowledge of the game.

Although i'll never miss him I will say congrats on a long distinguished career. He is up there with the best in Donegal Club football.

naomh_conaill_4 (Donegal) - 07/12/2017 09:44:17    2064593

Link

Replying To LKGael:  "I see that Haran has retired after a long and distinguished club career. Whatever people may think about him there is no denying that he has been one of the all time great club footballers and a great servant to his club. His man of the match performance at 36 years of age in the county final of 2014 must be a highlight...."
John Haran will be a huge loss to St Eunan s a great player for his club but knowing Eunan s there will be many more John Haran s coming through the rank s

gaanervous (Donegal) - 08/12/2017 12:02:03    2064661

Link

Eunans have no manager yet for next year, maybe he will go straight into Management

culmore (None) - 08/12/2017 18:32:41    2064687

Link

Looking at in from afar he seemed to have certainly been a great servant for his club. However having watched Eunans in the championship for the past couple of years now I can't help but think that too many lads in the club have carried on for far too long and been indulged in this. The younger lads as a result don't seem to have been given the chance to come through and have not gained the necessary experience. They certainly should have had players coming through as they have had some great underage teams which I saw in various finals in Mc Cumhaill Park.
I also got to see the St. Eunans/Gweedore game in the championship this year and couldn't believe their lack of running power in the first half. Where have all these younger players gone? I have no doubt that if they were with other clubs then they would have got the chance to develop and got much needed experience which they certainly have not been with St. Eunans. Time for big changes there methinks.

fionmaccumhaill (Donegal) - 11/12/2017 22:43:59    2064906

Link