Wicklow Forum

Good luck Glenealy

(Oldest Posts First)

Overdue here that best wishes are given to Glenealy for tomorrow v Ballyragget. It'll be tough but regardless of the result, people of Wicklow should be proud to have representation in a Leinster Club Hurling Final for the first time ever.

Wicklowman (Wicklow) - 01/12/2017 23:05:50    2064255

Link

To be honest I am not from either club but here is my version of the last 3 scores.

1 pats man dives gets a free

2 Ball goes out over line Pats continue on and score

3 Pats ball pumped in. I look back ref is half way down the pitch. Both players go up. Free is given to Pats and red card for a Glenealy man.

Even the Pats supporters beside me were shaking their heads.

Disgusted.

sponger (Wicklow) - 02/12/2017 20:38:24    2064284

Link

Replying To sponger:  "To be honest I am not from either club but here is my version of the last 3 scores.

1 pats man dives gets a free

2 Ball goes out over line Pats continue on and score

3 Pats ball pumped in. I look back ref is half way down the pitch. Both players go up. Free is given to Pats and red card for a Glenealy man.

Even the Pats supporters beside me were shaking their heads.

Disgusted."
That makes zero sense. So hard to read and now my head hurts. Thanks.

Jailbreak (Wicklow) - 04/12/2017 15:17:35    2064390

Link

Shocking performance from the ref on Saturday. Totally destroyed a great game of hurling in the last few minutes. Glenealy should be Leinster champions

Onlywayisup (Wicklow) - 05/12/2017 15:20:02    2064475

Link

Hard luck to Glenealy. They did Wicklow proud on Saturday against Ballyragget in Nowlan Park battling all the way to the final whistle.

After seeing what both Glenealy & Rathnew have done this year in the Leinster Championship it boggles the mind that Gaelic Games in Wicklow is not up there with some of the best in the country, there's clearly talent there and if Wicklow ripped up the rule book and concentrated more on their minor teams and nurturing young talent then in a generation Wicklow would have strong teams in both Football and Hurling.

I posted before about what has happened in Dublin and I don't see why the same cant happen in Wicklow. I know people give out about the county board but surely these people should be taken to task if the Football and Hurling teams are constantly falling to achieve targets and then replaced by better and more driven individuals.

Fullartj (Dublin) - 06/12/2017 09:21:28    2064519

Link