Wexford Forum

tara rocks

(Oldest Posts First)

ud have got some price a years ago on a leinster football medals being won by tara rocks ;players

Stmunnsriver (Wexford) - 25/11/2017 17:30:38    2063536

Link

Replying To Stmunnsriver:  "ud have got some price a years ago on a leinster football medals being won by tara rocks ;players"
In fairness its Kilanerin/Ballyfad/Tara Rocks!

alwaysasub (Wexford) - 25/11/2017 20:03:39    2063547

Link

Replying To alwaysasub:  "In fairness its Kilanerin/Ballyfad/Tara Rocks!"
They are Tara Rocks hurlers, and Kilanerin footballers.

Anyway, well done to them, they've brought Leinster football honours to our county.

Or would we rather begrudge them and pass sarcastic comments ?

yelowbelly (Wexford) - 26/11/2017 21:30:29    2063677

Link

Great they won it for the county but when you think about it it is 2 teams joined up so not a real surprise Tara Rocks have a few tasty footballers so when you add them in with a team who was practically senior anyway your going to be strong!!But well done anyway maybe more clubs will want to join up now to win Leinster titles

wex82 (Wexford) - 26/11/2017 22:17:08    2063682

Link

the begrudgers would rather the crowd from dublin won,but f the begrudgers.....mattie forde proving he still has it.he will be some member of an over 40 team

perfect10 (Wexford) - 26/11/2017 22:18:49    2063684

Link

Replying To perfect10:  "the begrudgers would rather the crowd from dublin won,but f the begrudgers.....mattie forde proving he still has it.he will be some member of an over 40 team"
I would usually agree with your comments but the reality is that its two teams joined together and for this reason i would rate their Leinster Championship win a lot lower than Fethards, which I think is a far greater achievement! Everyone likes to see Wexford teams win but facts are facts and its two clubs joining together one being very close to Senior and Tara Rocks were close to winning Junior, Anyways I still wish to see them do well in the All Ireland.

alwaysasub (Wexford) - 27/11/2017 13:28:16    2063773

Link

Replying To alwaysasub:  "I would usually agree with your comments but the reality is that its two teams joined together and for this reason i would rate their Leinster Championship win a lot lower than Fethards, which I think is a far greater achievement! Everyone likes to see Wexford teams win but facts are facts and its two clubs joining together one being very close to Senior and Tara Rocks were close to winning Junior, Anyways I still wish to see them do well in the All Ireland."
1st time a Wexford club has won a Leinster championship in football at adult level,merger or no merger it's a great achievement.

Also bunclody only lost to them after extra time in the county final and with them competing well at underage they seem to be moving in the right direction

wexico15 (Wexford) - 27/11/2017 13:50:02    2063776

Link

lets all face it,like this amalgamation or not,it is a provincial success for a wexford club over a dublin team.it is not like we are winning every year,maybe a bit more support and a bit less whinging would do the county as a whole good.

perfect10 (Wexford) - 29/11/2017 09:30:53    2063963

Link