Wexford Forum

Wexford hurling 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Anyone any update of how training is going?

alwaysasub (Wexford) - 11/12/2017 09:19:46    2064814

Link

Replying To alwaysasub:  "Anyone any update of how training is going?"
Training like absolute dogs. Saturday morning at 6am, running around the field in Ferns, I can see the attraction. Somebody told me between matches and training there is 21 collective sessions in December.

Very hard keep going when that's the level demanded from you, players are puppets of the GAA.

shamedmodelman (Wexford) - 11/12/2017 12:24:59    2064830

Link

Replying To shamedmodelman:  "Training like absolute dogs. Saturday morning at 6am, running around the field in Ferns, I can see the attraction. Somebody told me between matches and training there is 21 collective sessions in December.

Very hard keep going when that's the level demanded from you, players are puppets of the GAA."
Crazy stuff this time of year

alwaysasub (Wexford) - 11/12/2017 13:07:29    2064834

Link

Replying To shamedmodelman:  "Training like absolute dogs. Saturday morning at 6am, running around the field in Ferns, I can see the attraction. Somebody told me between matches and training there is 21 collective sessions in December.

Very hard keep going when that's the level demanded from you, players are puppets of the GAA."
those poor players being forced to do all that. Imagine not having a choice of whether or not they are wanting or willing to put in that work.

james2011 (Wexford) - 11/12/2017 15:19:04    2064851

Link

Replying To james2011:  "those poor players being forced to do all that. Imagine not having a choice of whether or not they are wanting or willing to put in that work."
How long do you think they will continue to make the choice though???

What do you think they are saying to players who aspire to get there??

The Gaa are starting to run in the short term only and it wont be long before there has to be massive change as far as im concerned!!

hurler101 (Wexford) - 11/12/2017 17:21:05    2064870

Link

You can see the attraction? I can't and think players will soon just say no.
And not before time.
This is the time of year to do a bit in the gym, plenty of time in January to go hard at it.

Pinkie (Wexford) - 11/12/2017 19:47:40    2064890

Link

Basically folks its heading full time professional
You can argue all you want against it but thats the route the GAA is on.
Sooner the better clubs start getting rewarded for producing their intercounty players the better.
Sooner the better the club championships move ahead without inter county players too

hurlorhurley (Wexford) - 12/12/2017 09:43:59    2064915

Link

Replying To Pinkie:  "You can see the attraction? I can't and think players will soon just say no.
And not before time.
This is the time of year to do a bit in the gym, plenty of time in January to go hard at it."
Sorry but players wont say no!!! They love it, its what most want and dream of from a very young age, for county players they are living that dream and to a young man or woman its not about medals or money but to show case the talent that they were born with. Its a very short window to play at the top level and when you get the chance you have to take it and all that it intails, or leave the boys and girls alone and stop talking rubbish.

tonydoranfan (Wexford) - 13/12/2017 18:21:59    2065123

Link

Replying To tonydoranfan:  "Sorry but players wont say no!!! They love it, its what most want and dream of from a very young age, for county players they are living that dream and to a young man or woman its not about medals or money but to show case the talent that they were born with. Its a very short window to play at the top level and when you get the chance you have to take it and all that it intails, or leave the boys and girls alone and stop talking rubbish."
You obviously dont talk to many of them!! Young boys and girls dream of big days in Croke park!! Not goin to Laois for a training weekend on the 16th of December. The more this goes on the more young people will hear of how tough it is being a county player, and not aspire to reach that level at all.

hurler101 (Wexford) - 13/12/2017 22:01:47    2065139

Link