Kerry Forum

Where to next?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Sounds really good the hermit and if I wasn't already signed up to the season tickets I'd have considered it."
It is a hefty price tag but if it saves a fella scrambling around for AI tickets it might be just worth it. Of course you are assuming they'll be All Ireland finals to attend. I could end up like my Godfather, buying into the Kerry ten year ticket scheme in the winter of 1986!!!

TheHermit (Kerry) - 15/12/2017 18:06:37    2065279

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Ya Barry o'Sullivan is a very good midfielder horse but doesn't really have that explosive pace he'd have been well suited to the game the way it was 10/15 years ago , like I've said many times in the past mark o'Connor has it all and would put Brian Fenton in his pocket if he were at home.

I think Patrick O'sullivan dropped the ball big time by not fighting to keep mark at home like Tim Murphy did with Clifford."
To be fair I don't think Clifford was that interested in going to Australia. I would know the O'Connor family and by all accounts Mark was determined to give it a go, I don't think there was anything the County board could have done to change his decision. I'm gutted that we won't see him in a Kerry jersey as I think he has the potential to be one of the all time greats but I wish him every success out there. Kerry need to move on and plan without him now. I really hope he makes it and doesn't come back with a bad injury like poor Tommy Walsh.

I would largely agree with Hennesseys players for 2018, I would certainly add Tom O'Sullivan who was very impressive in Kerry training last season according to those in the know, and Micheal Burns of crokes is also worth a look at wing forward.

What a stable of wing backs we will have in the coming years, Murphy, O'Beaglaoich, O'Sullivan, White and Wharton all looking for two places!

Coming back to the Aussie Rules, along with Okunbar, David Shaw was being touted as a done deal to go to Australia not long ago. Does anybody know what happened with him? He was an unbelievable minor and colleges player but doesn't seem to have kicked on as he doesn't get any game time with the crokes either. Has he been injured or something?

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - 15/12/2017 18:20:35    2065283

Link

Replying To GeniusGerry:  "To be fair I don't think Clifford was that interested in going to Australia. I would know the O'Connor family and by all accounts Mark was determined to give it a go, I don't think there was anything the County board could have done to change his decision. I'm gutted that we won't see him in a Kerry jersey as I think he has the potential to be one of the all time greats but I wish him every success out there. Kerry need to move on and plan without him now. I really hope he makes it and doesn't come back with a bad injury like poor Tommy Walsh.

I would largely agree with Hennesseys players for 2018, I would certainly add Tom O'Sullivan who was very impressive in Kerry training last season according to those in the know, and Micheal Burns of crokes is also worth a look at wing forward.

What a stable of wing backs we will have in the coming years, Murphy, O'Beaglaoich, O'Sullivan, White and Wharton all looking for two places!

Coming back to the Aussie Rules, along with Okunbar, David Shaw was being touted as a done deal to go to Australia not long ago. Does anybody know what happened with him? He was an unbelievable minor and colleges player but doesn't seem to have kicked on as he doesn't get any game time with the crokes either. Has he been injured or something?"
No Gerry I didn't hear anything about David Shaw but he would be a big loss as he was one I could see making it on to our senior team down the road.

And ya I forgot to mention Michael burns in the post above.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - 16/12/2017 17:41:34    2065357

Link