Fermanagh Forum

Fermanagh Club Championship 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To erneboy:  "Result:
Sunday 23rd Sep 2018
IFC Final
Irvinestown 0-8 Belnaleck 1-12
Two great finals today. Enniskillen were extremely lucky to snatch victory from a better performer, Lisnaskea in the final moment and well done to Belnaleck who deserved to take the Intermediate title with an excellent second half performance."
Great wouldn't be the word I would use to describe them? The Irvinestown v Balnaleck game was absolutely awful. Really bad football played by some questionable footballers. Let's hope the Senior championship can show the real quality of Fermanagh.

Allaboutclub (Fermanagh) - Posts: 67 - 24/09/2018 11:12:47    2143494

Link

Replying To erneboy:  "Result:
Sunday 23rd Sep 2018
IFC Final
Irvinestown 0-8 Belnaleck 1-12
Two great finals today. Enniskillen were extremely lucky to snatch victory from a better performer, Lisnaskea in the final moment and well done to Belnaleck who deserved to take the Intermediate title with an excellent second half performance."
Belnaleck fully deserved that win, nice to see them doing well. Questions on the quality on show at the final especially from the county players but that could be put down to nerves.

Interesting to see Enniskillen and Lisneskea doing so well at Reserve level, shows there is still a lot of quality at the clubs.

allfermanagh (Fermanagh) - Posts: 63 - 24/09/2018 11:20:51    2143496

Link

Hi allfermanagh thank you for acknowledging the quality of football in the Junior championship in which Ekn Gaels grabbed the honours in a last minute lucky goal. I think Emmetts had done enough to deserve the title.
Your description of the intermediate final as "awful" could be applied to aspects of the game but as an overall assessment, it is misleading. I doubt if you were at either final otherwise your views would have had more accurate. Indeed as being there myself, I would acknowledge some terrible errors by both sides but given the efforts of Belnaleck in the 2nd half the winners made up for any shortcomings they had. Now to the senior final next, I notice your keen interest in one team, that being Ederney. Although you are giving the impression you are not associated with them, your postings to the clever observer suggests you are indeed linked. Although, this senior final could be close, I believe Harps have the stronger team and footballing success at this level to warrant a positive outcome for them once again. To conclude, I hope you didn't place any bets on your list of predictions as I would like to see you out of pocket!

SkeaLad (Fermanagh) - Posts: 494 - 25/09/2018 12:54:26    2143712

Link

Replying To SkeaLad:  "Hi allfermanagh thank you for acknowledging the quality of football in the Junior championship in which Ekn Gaels grabbed the honours in a last minute lucky goal. I think Emmetts had done enough to deserve the title.
Your description of the intermediate final as "awful" could be applied to aspects of the game but as an overall assessment, it is misleading. I doubt if you were at either final otherwise your views would have had more accurate. Indeed as being there myself, I would acknowledge some terrible errors by both sides but given the efforts of Belnaleck in the 2nd half the winners made up for any shortcomings they had. Now to the senior final next, I notice your keen interest in one team, that being Ederney. Although you are giving the impression you are not associated with them, your postings to the clever observer suggests you are indeed linked. Although, this senior final could be close, I believe Harps have the stronger team and footballing success at this level to warrant a positive outcome for them once again. To conclude, I hope you didn't place any bets on your list of predictions as I would like to see you out of pocket!"
Apologies "allfermanagh" as some relevant aspects of my comment were meant for "Allaboutclub" (Ederney).

SkeaLad (Fermanagh) - Posts: 494 - 25/09/2018 13:10:08    2143725

Link

Replying To SkeaLad:  "Hi allfermanagh thank you for acknowledging the quality of football in the Junior championship in which Ekn Gaels grabbed the honours in a last minute lucky goal. I think Emmetts had done enough to deserve the title.
Your description of the intermediate final as "awful" could be applied to aspects of the game but as an overall assessment, it is misleading. I doubt if you were at either final otherwise your views would have had more accurate. Indeed as being there myself, I would acknowledge some terrible errors by both sides but given the efforts of Belnaleck in the 2nd half the winners made up for any shortcomings they had. Now to the senior final next, I notice your keen interest in one team, that being Ederney. Although you are giving the impression you are not associated with them, your postings to the clever observer suggests you are indeed linked. Although, this senior final could be close, I believe Harps have the stronger team and footballing success at this level to warrant a positive outcome for them once again. To conclude, I hope you didn't place any bets on your list of predictions as I would like to see you out of pocket!"
Hahaha No worries. Skea football looking bright for the future, just need to get some of those reserve players game time in senior football and give them a chance. Yea most likely harps will win. I don't really have any favouritism towards any team but I do like seeing the underdog do well.

allfermanagh (Fermanagh) - Posts: 63 - 25/09/2018 13:57:41    2143731

Link

You May be right skealad :D Not totally an Ederney man. Half and Half :D Up to you to guess my other club

Allaboutclub (Fermanagh) - Posts: 67 - 25/09/2018 15:49:37    2143760

Link

Fixtures:
Friday 28th Sep 2018
JFC Final
Aghadrumsee v Coa at Brewster Park @ 8:00 PM. Referee: Mark Curry

Saturday 29th Sep 2018
SFL 2 Semi Final 1
Teemore v Belnaleck at Derrylin @ 4:30 PM
SFL 1 Relegation Play-Offs Semi Final 1
Lisnaskea v Tempo at Brookeboro @ 4:30 PM
SFL 2 Semi Final 2
Enniskillen v Belcoo at Kinawley @ 4:30 PM
SFL 1 Relegation Play-Offs Semi Final 2
Erne Gaels v Irvinestown at Garrison @ 4:30 PM

Sunday 30th Sep 2018
U17 B Football Championship B Final
Newtownbutler v Aghadrumsee at Donagh @ 12:00 PM
U17 FL 1 Final
Kinawley v Derrygonnelly at Brewster Park @ 2:00 PM
SFC Final
Ederney v Derrygonnelly at Brewster Park @ 4:00 PM. Referee: James Lewis

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1218 - 27/09/2018 15:51:42    2144125

Link

Result:
Friday 28th Sep 2018
JFC Final
Aghadrumsee 0-13 Coa 1-8

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1218 - 28/09/2018 21:33:19    2144289

Link

Results:
Saturday 29th Sep 2018
SFL 2 Semi Final 1
Teemore 2-14 Belnaleck 3-9
SFL 1 Relegation Play-Offs Semi Final 1
Lisnaskea 0-13 Tempo 4-13
SFL 2 Semi Final 2
Enniskillen 1-9 Belcoo 1-5
SFL 1 Relegation Play-Offs Semi Final 2
Erne Gaels 3-9 Irvinestown 3-11

Sunday 30th Sep 2018
U17 B FC B Final
Newtownbutler 5-14 Aghadrumsee 2-7
U17 FL 1 Final
Kinawley 2-4 Derrygonnelly 4-14
SFC Final
Ederney 0-10 Derrygonnelly 2-16
Disappointing performance by Ederney in the second half. Looks as if Derrygonnelly will also win the league too!

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1218 - 30/09/2018 18:47:50    2144464

Link